Wedding Woes

Prudie Day

Good morning all!  Glad it's almost the weekend.  I'm fighting the worst hormonal headache but otherwise okay.  

Was behind schedule getting to work today bc oldest was in the bathroom a few minutes past when we usually leave.  Thought she was doing #2 and didn't want to disrupt that time so left it alone.  She came out with a bizarre hairstyle that she'd been painstakingly working on, lol.  Complimented her on her independence but will ask her to please have it wrapped up by 6:40 tomorrow...but, I guess it's started.  I have a child old enough to be spending time caring about their looks!

Re: Prudie Day

• Awwww congrats @MissKittyDanger that’s awesome
    @ei34 your story made me laugh. That’s funny!

I saw an ad for the stairclimber xl on facebook and went over to amazon to buy a replica (and used my amazon giftcards I earned from my rally rewards!!!) and I put it together last night.  It was easy, but quite the workout in itself. Plus - I have extra parts lol. I’m sure it’s for the resistance cords, which I haven’t figured out yet, and I’m not there yet anyway, so once i do - look out world!!! It’s going to be an amazing workout on my legs, which I need. 

PSA:  Did you know spanx makes clothing now? Well, now you do.  I bought a pair of denim jeans and they fit like a dream.  However, as great as they are, $148 is so steep for me.  I have to wait until raketen does another 10% off and my reward card hits 5% off before buying another pair.  The regular has a 34” inseam and the tall is 37”.  I’m right in the middle. I need a “you’re tall but not that tall” length.  

I saw an ad for the stairclimber xl on facebook and went over to amazon to buy a replica (and used my amazon giftcards I earned from my rally rewards!!!) and I put it together last night.  It was easy, but quite the workout in itself. Plus - I have extra parts lol. I’m sure it’s for the resistance cords, which I haven’t figured out yet, and I’m not there yet anyway, so once i do - look out world!!! It’s going to be an amazing workout on my legs, which I need. 

PSA:  Did you know spanx makes clothing now? Well, now you do.  I bought a pair of denim jeans and they fit like a dream.  However, as great as they are, $148 is so steep for me.  I have to wait until raketen does another 10% off and my reward card hits 5% off before buying another pair.  The regular has a 34” inseam and the tall is 37”.  I’m right in the middle. I need a “you’re tall but not that tall” length.  
    Yes love Spanx clothes! 
  • Hi, I'm here.  Cursing myself for wanting to be busier because now I'm busy AF with a crapton on my plate.  :)  

While I have a brief lull, I'll get Prudie up.  

• I had such a bad night, last night.  Battling low blood sugars for two hours before I finally got them under control and felt safe to go to bed.  But that wasn't until 1am and then I had to be up at 6am.  And it's also my Costco day, so I won't even be getting home until 9pm tonight.  I'm already exhausted!  I'm going to try and take a nap at my desk for lunch.  So sad and pathetic, lol.

We're signing a lease with a new tenant either today or tomorrow.  That's our last vacancy, in a year of so many of them (sigh).  At least we ended up not having to advertise the unit for rent.  The guy doing our drywall job at a different rental, expressed interest when my H was talking about this house.  This guy and his g/f applied and I got their clean background checks back yesterday.

He requested a win-win deal.  That drywall job is replacing all the ceilings for two units of a duplex.  As I'm sure you can imagine that is SPENDY!  To the tune of $7K.  We gave him a 50% deposit at the start of the job.  It's now almost finished and, normally, we would soon be paying him another $3500.  But instead, he asked us to subtract their first month's rent and security deposit from his balance.  Perfect!  We'll still owe him $800 when he's done, but that's a lot better than $3500.

Unfortunately, now things are looking shady for two of my other tenants that I told the long stories about the other day.  The tenant I've had for a long time didn't respond back to my text where I outlined we were giving her 30 more days, but she either needs to bring the rent current or move out by 10/31.  Technically, she didn't need to respond back as I didn't ask her any questions.  But you'd think she would have said something.

The other folks who just moved in about 5 months ago, I asked them to provide me a payment plan for October (assuming they even finish paying September's rent tomorrow).  I also told them that I'd like to work with them but, at the same time, we can no longer continue with what's been happening.  They need to pay something toward October's rent in the beginning of the month and the rent paid in full by the middle.  So I did ask them an important question about Oct., but they haven't responded back yet.  Not a good sign at all.  I guess I'll see how things play out over the weekend, but they are past my last straw. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I need jeans that are for "the height of a pre-teen child, with the hips/ass of an hour-glass shaped woman...and the hour is getting late!"

But thanks for the recommendation!  Jeans/pants feel impossible for me and I'm always on the look out for that rare unicorn.  I know I'm too cheap to pay that much for jeans, lol, but I'll try searching online stores that sell used clothes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need jeans that are for "the height of a pre-teen child, with the hips/ass of an hour-glass shaped woman...and the hour is getting late!"

But thanks for the recommendation!  Jeans/pants feel impossible for me and I'm always on the look out for that rare unicorn.  I know I'm too cheap to pay that much for jeans, lol, but I'll try searching online stores that sell used clothes.
    LMAO at the hour getting late.  Yeah, I know, I don’t even think I paid that much for my Good American’s that I also love.  The price is out there! If I do get another pair, I think I’ll go reg inseam because I’m tripping on these ones!

they sell petites! 32”.  If your looking for quality try Good American at those used clothing shoppes/sites!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2022
    Adorbs @MissKittyDanger, love the colorong
    woohoo @charlotte989875 but it started!!
    @Casadena you 100% needed that. Glad you did it. I mentioned before I’m not really knowledgeable on Cancer.  Does G get his chemo done at a hospital or home? My SIL finished her round 2, and the last one with her baby inside of her.  Apparently she’s doing home treatments going forward.  Is that the norm? 

• @CharmedPam all of G's infusion chemo (through his port) is done at the hospital.  Most of the time we have to draw labs and wait for results first because certain indicators have minimum levels needed to even be eligible for chemo the same day.  We've only had to postpone a couple of times.  There are also phases where we have to give oral chemo pills at home.  We have the option to have home health come draw labs the day before his chemo appts but we chose not to use that option just to keep home as "safe" and doctor free as possible.  I think some patients may be able to do infusion chemo at home too depending on the drug and if labs are needed - we try to do as little at home as possible!
  • That’s a good rule of thumb, @Casadena.  I just never heard of anyone doing it at home. But their hospital IS 2.5 hours away so this would be ideal if it can be done.  Maybe that’s why they pushed it? 

• @CharmedPam that would be my guess.  Especially if it's frequent, a home health nurse should be able to easily do all of that - I hope insurance covers!
  • @CharmedPam, Thanks for the rec! That is a little spendy, but 37" is speaking my language when we're talking about boots with heels. I do not get the high water boot cut look.