Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Jen4948 said:
    With a big lottery win I could jump-start my businesses, buy some things for myself, and make some charitable donations, but there would be a lot of publicity I don't need along with taxes.

Feel better soon @levioosa. I've been feeling sick too although I'm somewhat better.
    What kind of business do you want to start?
    I have two existing businesses. One is a clerical catch-all that does bookkeeping, editing, writing and now and then tax work. I have used it as a 1099 entity when I did contract work in the past. I am hoping that going forward I can just do editing and writing and drop everything else. It is actually taking over the editing from the other business.

The other business was originally the editing business but I am changing its offerings. It will promote reading and will hold virtual book club meetings and post reviews of books. Right now it's a for-profit business but it may make sense to convert it to a nonprofit. At the moment I am getting the website updated for these lines of business. I got the idea to change it during the pandemic when everyone was stuck in place and things were closed.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    With a big lottery win I could jump-start my businesses, buy some things for myself, and make some charitable donations, but there would be a lot of publicity I don't need along with taxes.

Feel better soon @levioosa. I've been feeling sick too although I'm somewhat better.
    What kind of business do you want to start?
    I have two existing businesses. One is a clerical catch-all that does bookkeeping, editing, writing and now and then tax work. I have used it as a 1099 entity when I did contract work in the past. I am hoping that going forward I can just do editing and writing and drop everything else. It is actually taking over the editing from the other business.

The other business was originally the editing business but I am changing its offerings. It will promote reading and will hold virtual book club meetings and post reviews of books. Right now it's a for-profit business but it may make sense to convert it to a nonprofit. At the moment I am getting the website updated for these lines of business. I got the idea to change it during the pandemic when everyone was stuck in place and things were closed.
    I remembered you often do independent contracting work writing articles.  And had that horrible job for a start-up doing that kind of work with impossible deadlines.  But I wasn't sure if you were referring to a different kind of business.

The virtual book club meetings is a really neat idea!  The world keeps becoming more online and the pandemic reinforced that.  It seems like that business model would lend itself well to affiliate marketing.  After all, people need to buy the books for their book clubs!

Good luck with building your businesses up even more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker