Wedding Woes

Monday

Weekend was pretty good.  My plans for Saturday ended up cancelled.  I went to bed super early both Friday and Saturday night.  Sunday I took my mom out for lunch and we got the oil in her car changed, as well as everything topped off and taken care of.

I know a few places have looked at my application.  Fingers crossed for some interviews.  Just another example of why this place is making me mad: This morning, one of my bosses is out of the office.  Something has happened that I haven't found out about yet, b/c I have multiple texts from him about an ongoing situation.  That I have informed him about MULTIPLE times and he has chosen to sit on ass.  So, I finally text back, "I sent you another update email on this situation on October 27.  It's in the file, please review."  I really wanted to say, "Just b/c you haven't done your job and created an emergency situation?  Doesn't mean **I** have an emergency situation".  (It actually does, but honestly, screw him, this isn't the first and won't be the last time he's done this to me).  So exhausting.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Planning a dinner with friends this week, getting allergy shot on Wednesday, and nothing too much else planned.  Everyone else?

Re: Monday

• Weekend was just one of those trying my patience as a parent.

Friday was good. BK was at my mum's for a sleepover, so we went for Pho - M's been dying for it for so long lol It was good but the place felt really cramped and warm, so I doubt we'll go back to that location.

Saturday BK comes home, and after awhile she's asking for her water bottle. I washed the fridge one, so I advise she has one upstairs on her nightstand.
    She goes up and apparently she decided to grab M's water bottle. Then fell down the stairs.
    And obv it sounded worse because the water bottles fell too. BK faired fine - a slight mark under her lip and shaken, but okay.
    We think she tripped on the baby gate - so we're considering taking it down.

Then Sunday she goes to IL's for a bit, and comes home.
    You know those gel window sticker things? Well she'd ripped it up a bit, so I tossed it.
    Apparently not all of it because for whatever fkn reason, she decided to shove a piece up her fkn nose!
    Hospital visit, screaming child and a tube with bubble to remove it.

Good lord. Just glad it's Monday.
  • oh man @MissKittyDanger that sounds frustrating, glad BK is ok! G fell down our stairs once last year and STILL talks about it.  He's starting "mother" N about things and frequently tells him stuff like "N, be careful, sit down on the stairs, you don't want to fall down and bump your head like I did"
  • @VarunaTT I hope you get some interest soon. It sounds like you're very good at what you do!
  • @Casadena luckily at the top of our stairs is 3 steps then a landing. It sounded like the whole flight though and we have hardwood stairs  :\ 
  • Awww that’s the cutest warning to his brother @Casadena
    ouch for BK though!
    @climbingsingle, I love red hair but it fades quickly and yeah I try not to wash it 24+ hours after so it “grips” but I feel you on the dirtiness. 
    Good luck on the search @VarunaTT. Is California still in your future goals?

Friday was a hair day for me, and I saw “smile” after it.  I jumped so high twice during it.  Loved it. Saturday was a “cider stroll” in our area with a meetup group.  Fun - but cold and windy as hell.  And Sunday was my nephew’s 2nd birthday.  I facetimed him for like 3 minutes between cake and presents and he got up to the camera and said my name like 3 times.
    ”yes, J?”
    Radio silence.
    My mom: “he has nothing to say.  Just likes saying people’s names”.  Well, he’s very good at it! 

• @Casadena Thank you.  I suffer from imposter syndrome and just sheer paranoia re: my job, but I do think I'm good at it.  I appreciate the compliment.

:)
  • @VarunaTT ooh!! Exciting! :) what does the package include?
  • Awww that’s the cutest warning to his brother @Casadena
    ouch for BK though!
    @climbingsingle, I love red hair but it fades quickly and yeah I try not to wash it 24+ hours after so it “grips” but I feel you on the dirtiness. 
    Good luck on the search @VarunaTT. Is California still in your future goals?

Friday was a hair day for me, and I saw “smile” after it.  I jumped so high twice during it.  Loved it. Saturday was a “cider stroll” in our area with a meetup group.  Fun - but cold and windy as hell.  And Sunday was my nephew’s 2nd birthday.  I facetimed him for like 3 minutes between cake and presents and he got up to the camera and said my name like 3 times.
    ”yes, J?”
    Radio silence.
    My mom: “he has nothing to say.  Just likes saying people’s names”.  Well, he’s very good at it! 
    Very 2yr old vibes lmao
  • @VarunaTT I've heard such great things about shoots like this. My friend did it for her husband - she felt same because 3 kids and covid - and she showed me a few.
    DAYUM!!!
  • @MissKittyDanger Ouch, rough weekend!  Glad that BK is okay!  Hardwood floors are unpleasant to fall on for sure.

@VarunaTT That sounds exciting!  I hope you have fun with the photo shoot.  And I hope you get callbacks.

Weekend was nice - very warm for November!  Did two hikes, one with my mom and cousin and one with hubby.  We talked a bit more and we're in a better place, but still separated but living in the same house.  We talked to a mediator last week, and I think it really scared hubby, so he's re-evaluating.  

Since we were in a better place I went to the ILs for dinner.  Seemed awkward - I haven't really spoken to them since August.  But afterwards MIL sent a text to hubby about a Christmas wish list so maybe I'm imagining things.  

• @MissKittyDanger, Poor BK!  Sounds like a rough weekend for her.  At least M finally got some Pho.

@VarunaTT, I'm sorry to hear you've had re-adjust your CA plans.  Hopefully getting a new, better job...and soon!...will be at least something of a fresh start.  Congrats on winning the boudoir photo shoot.

My mom and her H tested positive for COVID :(.  This is the first time for her and (I think) the second time for him.  She's in her mid-70s and is not in great health, especially having to do with her respiration.  I'm pretty worried, but they are both fully vaccinated, and seem to be doing well.  At least so far (crossing fingers).  He feels like he has a mild cold.  She's having a little trouble breathing, but not too bad.  She said the most dramatic symptom for her is she is completely exhausted.

On a brighter side for my weekend, my H and I did more clean out for our house. We have three contractor bags full of stuff to go to Goodwill.  We also threw out a couple boxes worth of stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kerbohl yeh M has fallen down them before - straight down on edge of stair into his ass - so they are definitely the worst. I love hardwood, but I hate hardwood stairs

@short+sassy we joke that was the highlight of the weekend and it was on Friday lol
  • Whelp.  I just got off the phone with the investment group that was considering buying my rentals.  Just like I suspected, despite them saying they don't buy houses at wholesaler prices, they offered me crappy wholesaler prices (shrug).  Slightly better than a wholesaler but, even when I subtract the realtor commission I wouldn't have to pay, I'd still be losing about a $20K value each on the two properties they came the closest to.

With that said, I'm taking an educated guess on the comps.  When I meet with the realtor I'm considering, I'm going to be transparent with her.  If the comps are less than I what I was thinking, I might go with their offer for those two properties.  But they aren't even close to fair on the other ones, so she'll be getting business out of me either way.

Even by their own "calculations", they were bizarre in their offers.  They offered close to the same price for two duplexes in the same neighborhood, but one of them is 400 sq. ft bigger.  Has a total of 1 bedroom and two bathrooms more.  And also rents for around $600/month more (total) because it's bigger and each unit has one more bathroom.

They didn't give me a price at all on my personal duplex.  Their person doing the evaluations told her that property is in a really hot area of the city and they couldn't touch what I could get on the MLS for it.  I appreciated they recognized that and didn't waste everyone's time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ei34, poor DS!  That sounds painful.  I'm glad he is in good spirits.  Hopefully the appointment goes well and he can move on to something more comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no @ei34 that sucks! Hope he feels better quickly!
  • Great weekend here! I went to Indianapolis to run the half marathon with my best friend. It was windy and raining but we had a great time. She’s pregnant so we just took it easy and has fun. I flew back last night. I took the day off here. I napped and put away laundry. 
  • Great weekend here! I went to Indianapolis to run the half marathon with my best friend. It was windy and raining but we had a great time. She’s pregnant so we just took it easy and has fun. I flew back last night. I took the day off here. I napped and put away laundry. 
    Yeah the weather here on Saturday was awful. 

Sorry about your DS @ei34. We spent the weekend getting somethings done around the house (inside). We are replacing a toilet paper holder in our 1/2 bath. DH had to do some patching and it is taking forever for the paint to take. We painted it a navy blue over a medium blue early summer. I think he has put 4 coats on the spots and it still isn't covered! The new holder doesn't cover all of the old holder.  We also did yard work this morning. Just about have all the flower beds cleaned up. H will still have some leaves to blow but that's what happens when you live in the woods. At least he just blows them into the woods instead of bagging them. 

I have one more PT session scheduled for my foot. I see the podiatrist on Thursday so I will see what he says about continuing with the PT.

Crab cakes from SC for dinner tonight. Yummy!
  • @ei34 oh shit! Hope it's easy fix. Flippin kids this weekend lmao 
  • @ei34 An elbow must be a tricky thing to have fractured!  Does this mean no bending until it is fully healed?  That's got to be tough. 

Yeah the weather here on Saturday was awful. 

Sorry about your DS @ei34. We spent the weekend getting somethings done around the house (inside). We are replacing a toilet paper holder in our 1/2 bath. DH had to do some patching and it is taking forever for the paint to take. We painted it a navy blue over a medium blue early summer. I think he has put 4 coats on the spots and it still isn't covered! The new holder doesn't cover all of the old holder.  We also did yard work this morning. Just about have all the flower beds cleaned up. H will still have some leaves to blow but that's what happens when you live in the woods. At least he just blows them into the woods instead of bagging them. 

I have one more PT session scheduled for my foot. I see the podiatrist on Thursday so I will see what he says about continuing with the PT.

Crab cakes from SC for dinner tonight. Yummy!
    This is my life! I blew off the driveway and sidewalk yesterday, but you can't even see the concrete today. We also dump them in the woods, but I've been thinking about figuring out how to compost them. 

Typical Monday for me, but going to dinner with a couple of my oldest friends tonight. I don't like doing it on a Monday, but it's when one friend's ex has their kid. It's 80 here today, so I have no idea what I'm going to wear.