Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Catching up on the last few days, what else is going on this week?

Re: Wednesday

• I had picked Wednesdays as my day to work from home (we can choose T, W, or R, but they ask that we be consistent), but I'm in the middle of a big "clean up someone else's mess" project and chose to come in.  It's becoming obvious that the paralegal I took over for was not trained properly.  That's okay, I got it, but it is somewhat triggering b/c of what I came from with my previous employer.  I just keep talking myself down.

think (please don't be jinxing myself) that I'm past the physical withdrawal of lowering my Lexapro dose.  I've struggled a bit emotionally this past week, but I'm working through that too.  I'm about a little more than 3 weeks, so hopefully it all keeps improving.

I'm going to buy the Liteboxer system.  The only training class I've ever stuck with was boxing.  I'd still be doing it now but when I was president of the NFP, their meetings interfered with the classes.  Then, that gym revamped their boxing classes  for Parkinson's patients, so...here we are.  The other places in town that have boxing are not appealing to me.  But I have got to start doing something, I never follow through with the gym and I do love my rower, but it's not really enough.  I am overweight, I don't particularly care for what I see in teh mirror lately, and I'm feeling my age.  I don't want to die b/c of health reasons I could've reversed.  So, here we go.
  • @Casadena Ugh! I hope you're all better soon. You for sure need a break! 

Thankfully was able to pick up my car this morning. It was covered under warranty - I guess some valve had to be replaced. 

Cooked a Home Chef meal for dinner last night and was really happy how it turned out! I forgot how nice it is to just have everything ready to cook. 
  • Ugh jeez I'm sorry @Casadena...you guys need a break.  Sending all the healing vibes your way.  
    Dealing with a light PMS headache and annoyed by it but otherwise ssdd.
  • I'm so sorry @Casadena that's so rough.  While not with the same immune issues Chiquita's friend got her flu shot on a Monday in November and by Tuesday night spiked a fever - it was the flu!  It was just rampant in the school so the poor kiddo had to fight that at the same time Chiquita did. 

DH is feeling off this week so I need  to plan an anti inflammatory meal tomorrow.

I'm working to make more heart healthy meals so tonight I'm digging into the chicken I have and tomorrow it's salmon.  I find that I'm liking that more so I'm going to try to make it at least 1x/week now.  I've started to add oats to my smoothies which is terrible. That may need to be a shift to an afternoon bowl of oats instead but I'm at least doing what I can to get the better foods in my diet plus the daily exercise. 
  • @Casadena damn I was about to say I got a wicked side effect but damn nvm!

@banana468 anti inflammatory meal??
  • It's back to cloudy and cold today. Bleh! I'm still feeling tired along with some indigestion (don't really have much of an appetite). Hope it goes away soon. 

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of that @casadena. Y'all have had a rough year is an understatement.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2023
    Yuck @Casadena, I agree with others - what a year.  What a year.
    good luck on finding that gym, @VarunaTT.  I hear ya on all of that. I picked up this $20 boxing game thing and I don’t hate it.  It’s a headband with a string and you have to hit the bouncing ball in the air.  It’s synced to a game but I don’t play it. Boxbollen is the name. 
    @climbingsingle, I love my HC.  My friend used to work at blue apron and I always felt their recipes were ok, but not your every day meal.  Ingredients were just obscure and I’m a very plain jane eater. Whenever I mentioned to my friends that I made a killer meal she’d get her nose out of joint “I’ll let my former boss know his idea was good!” (i guess Blue apron started it all?) ok.  Let your boss know other companies perfected it!

Trivia tonight and looking forward to that. Plus my friend texted me about a Madonna presale going on and asked if we wanted to go.  I got the tickets for August :) Nosebleed section, because my last name isn’t Rockerfeller.  Maybe we should update that saying to “Musk”?.  I saw Madonna 10 years ago, and tbh the price wasn’t that much more now verses then. Looking forward to it! I told her; “oh wait - I should have told you my stipulation before pressing purchase.  We’re wearing 80’s gear.  Side pony!” Of course. 

• @MissKittyDanger I'm looking for foods that are considered part of the anti inflammatory diet.  Basically it's whole, unprocessed foods and if there are carbs they're "good" ones vs. a pile of pasta.   I'm aiming for baked salmon with olive oil, a side of assorted veggies (just from the frozen bag from Costco) and maybe wild rice.

DH has had gut issues for forever and I'm heading towards higher cholesterol.  Between those two things we need to make the diet full of items that are better for the two of us. 
  • Meetings today. We've now got a running chat on MS-Teams about everyone's meeting.
    J went first, and K is in now, then it's me. R & N are this afternoon at a different office.

It's all the stuff for the merge - things are unfortunately slow because of licensing back log.

So far it's more one-on-one about our futures, what we wanna do, what we plan to do with our career, etc
    I've got a list.
    Because of the position I've been suggested, I could move offices. I want to be sure they know I have zero desire for downtown. There's an office not far from me that'd be interesting if I had to move.

edit:
    not moving
    got things figured out.
    Dying of anxiety because I hate meetings even though it went well
  • I’m so sorry about your ankle @climbingsingle

I hope you guys all heal up quickly @casadena. You could really use a break. 

Work today. I am tired. I had a couple really weird dreams. My brand new car is in the shop because a sensor went out on it. Come on. They were all “it’s not your fault.” Um, you think? I’ve driven the car 60 miles over two weeks. It’s definitely the car, not the user. They are fixing it for free and I have a loaner car for the next 7-10 days. But ugh. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

• @levioosa thanks! Hoping I can finally get this boot off next week! 

@CharmedPam I can't remember why but I ended up not liking Blue Apron. I tried a few of the services, and HC always seemed like the best. Maybe BA had the confusing recipe instructions? Either way, your friend needs to chill..lol. 
  • banana468 said:
    @MissKittyDanger I'm looking for foods that are considered part of the anti inflammatory diet.  Basically it's whole, unprocessed foods and if there are carbs they're "good" ones vs. a pile of pasta.   I'm aiming for baked salmon with olive oil, a side of assorted veggies (just from the frozen bag from Costco) and maybe wild rice.

DH has had gut issues for forever and I'm heading towards higher cholesterol.  Between those two things we need to make the diet full of items that are better for the two of us. 
    do your kids eat this or do you have a kid version?

M & I wanna eat better but BK right now doesn't eat fish unless breaded
  • What a drag about the car @levioosa

@banana468 do you like overnight oats?  I add grape nuts cereal to mine when I make them the night before, they get soft from the milk but still add a nice nuttiness (I like them mainly though bc they have a lot of iron and folate which I have trouble getting enough of).  I tried adding oatmeal to smoothies but it wasn't for me
  • banana468 said:
    @MissKittyDanger I'm looking for foods that are considered part of the anti inflammatory diet.  Basically it's whole, unprocessed foods and if there are carbs they're "good" ones vs. a pile of pasta.   I'm aiming for baked salmon with olive oil, a side of assorted veggies (just from the frozen bag from Costco) and maybe wild rice.

They don't.  Chiquita is getting better and lately has LOVED roasted Brussel sprouts.  Chiquito cried on Monday when I gave him a piece of chicken parm.  From the sounds he made you'd think we were trying electric shock but no - it was chicken and tomato sauce and cheese. 

By having the stuff cooked for the kids and in the fridge it gives me the flex to make real meals for DH.  And the older Chiquita gets the more adventurous she is.  We're by no means crazy eaters but she's adding more to her likes so at least when we go out she'll find something on her list. 

I may be paranoid but I have had a few family members drop dead and with my dad's stroke, I know cardiac health is very important.  My recent bloodwork was showing that I had high cholesterol and my doc wasn't concerned but I want it to not be a trend that continues.  So I need to make a better effort at meal planning and specifically trend towards those that are healthier.  The advantage: most of these are likely faster and simpler dishes. 
  • @Casadena, I'm sorry to hear that!  But glad G is at least feeling better now.  Hopefully nobody else in the family gets it.

@VarunaTT, I hope you like the Lifeboxer system and work gets less stressful.  I assume that as more time goes on, there will be less and less cleaning up after the mess left from the previous person.  It's just frustrating while you are in the midst.

@climbingsingle, that's great news the part needed was still under warranty and was fixed quickly.

@CharmedPam, a Madonna concert sounds so fun!  I didn't realize she still toured.  80s music is still my all-time favorite genre.

@MissKittyDanger, glad the meeting went well and that you aren't moving offices.  

Last night, my poor H got a trifecta of shots.  Flu, tetanus, and the latest COVID booster.  We for two different weekends to get them done, so he could have a couple days to rest.  But they were out of the COVID one both times.  He is definitely feeling crappy today, but had too much to do to just lay low.  And there's a good chance we'll need to run out tonight also (more below).  I feel bad for him.  I wish he could have stayed home and rested all day.

I had the latest COVID booster a couple months ago, but didn't have my vaccination card with me.  I remembered to bring it with me this time (same place) and am now up to date.

One of our tenants is a bit unexpectedly moving out today.  It was either that or we were going to file for an eviction.  I talked to her yesterday and we had worked out that she would Zelle me half the rent and move out by the end of the month.  I even offered to give her half the money back from her security deposit (minus damages), as long as she did all of that.

She didn't Zelle me the money.  But sent a text message this morning that their electricity was about to be cut off.  It would be $800 to turn it back on.  So they are going to move out today and "we're so sorry" but aren't going to send any rent money.  I told her I understood and hoped they get back on their feet soon.  I told her to let me know when they were totally out and we would meet them to get the key or they could drop it off at our house.  Whatever was easiest for them.  That's the errand my H and I might need to do when I get off work.  TBH, we are going to change the locks anyway and will do that tonight (assuming they leave), even if they drop off the key.  When there have been issues, I always feel better with the "symbolic" process of the tenant giving me back the key because it's a physical sign that they have officially left the house and any personal possessions left behind are being abandoned.  

Sucks all around for everyone.  But this is the best answer for a bad situation.  If they return possession to me today, I won't file and they won't have an eviction on their record.  I don't have to pay $200 in court fees and potentially wait 4-6 weeks for an eviction hearing.   I can start working on finding the next tenant when I return from my trip.  Though I'm probably looking at the home being vacant for February.  If I'm lucky, I might find a tenant who can move in sometime during February.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been lurking.  Skiing was great. My legs are finally not aching *all* the time.  LOL 

Work has been crazy busy with a bunch of things all at once.  Plus lots of planning, planning, planning going on.  

Anyway, HI!  :) 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

They don't.  Chiquita is getting better and lately has LOVED roasted Brussel sprouts.  Chiquito cried on Monday when I gave him a piece of chicken parm.  From the sounds he made you'd think we were trying electric shock but no - it was chicken and tomato sauce and cheese. 

By having the stuff cooked for the kids and in the fridge it gives me the flex to make real meals for DH.  And the older Chiquita gets the more adventurous she is.  We're by no means crazy eaters but she's adding more to her likes so at least when we go out she'll find something on her list. 

I may be paranoid but I have had a few family members drop dead and with my dad's stroke, I know cardiac health is very important.  My recent bloodwork was showing that I had high cholesterol and my doc wasn't concerned but I want it to not be a trend that continues.  So I need to make a better effort at meal planning and specifically trend towards those that are healthier.  The advantage: most of these are likely faster and simpler dishes. 
    No I 100% agree with why you're changing. Past few years haven't been super but we try to change stuff.

Idk if I mentioned this or not, but 2020 M had a huge health scare. There was a potential issue of colon cancer but it wasn't. {he had constipation mixed with some inflammation and something else - it was really painful for him} so since we've added more fiber and realized he's lactose intolerant.

But with M & I both working out, we try to make better choices food wise overall.

BK isn't adventurous but she's also not picky. She's hesitant on meat - so I'm hoping when M & I do fish, we could find her some breaded fish bites and that way same meal but different.

I'm also pro faster/easier meals lol
  • @short+sassy  Yeh we were all glad for that. They'd actually rather move their downtown office to us in west end instead. :) 
  • VarunaTT said:
    OMG you guys they put in my new stand up desk with this holder for my monitors.  It lets you change the monitors in all directions.  I feel like JP in Grandma's Boy right now, wiht my monitors floating over my head.  I love it!

May be an image of 2 people screen and indoor
    I'm cracking up at the Grandma's Boy reference!! 
  • Happy to hear your mom's news @Casadena and please always vent here!  Wish there was more we could do but we are certainly all here to listen <3
  • @Casadena vent away! So happy for the good news! 
  • edited January 2023
    Oops wrong day! 
  • @Casadena vent away! Sometimes you just need to type it all out and have someone else acknowledge it to be okay  <3