Wedding Woes

F1 Racing

Since the new season is kinda close to starting and I discovered quite a few of us watch, there is a fantasy game for it, if anyone is interested.  I messed about with it for a bit last year and showed it to @mrsconn23.  Would anyone be interested in playing?  It doesn't cost anything, just for fun and is on the F1 website.

I'll try and spearhead it as much as I can, I don't really know that much about it and right now, there is just a loading screen that says see you in 2023.  I can post when I know more.

Re: F1 Racing

• Also, I say kinda close b/c I've been reading F1 books, watched the 2021 season and am going to start Chasing the Dream about F2, as well as binging some of my favorite technical podcasts.  I never thought I'd be into any sport, much less autosport, but here we are.

Fun fact I learned the other day:  In the 80s, they used to freeze the fuel before putting it in the car.  It makes it lighter and takes us less space, but it's actually more explosive for the engine and makes the car faster.  F1 in the 80s was outright scary AF.
  • I'd give it a try @VarunaTT.  Stbxh was into F1, but it's not marred, it was kind of the last calm memory I have of something we did (or I guess watched) together.  Though I haven't watched since the 2020 season.

Is it you pick who you think the top 3/ 5/ 10 finishers are?
  • ei34 said:
    I'd give it a try @VarunaTT.  Stbxh was into F1, but it's not marred, it was kind of the last calm memory I have of something we did (or I guess watched) together.  Though I haven't watched since the 2020 season.

Is it you pick who you think the top 3/ 5/ 10 finishers are?
    I'm not entirely sure how it would work in a league.  I keep checking to see if they've opened up yet, but it's still the loading screen. 

When I played by myself, you are given a "bank" of money to purchase your team and your 2 drivers, and they don't have to match (I had Hamilton, Norris, and Mercedes).  You can also choose other drivers for boosters, that help your points, that don't necessarily have to be on your team.  I started in the middle of the season, so didn't have a totally firm grasp on it before the end.

I'm just not sure if, when you're in a league, more than one person can pick one driver (I mean, logically it would have to be that way, or you could never have more than a 10 person league).  So, as soon as they put up the info, I'll get it out to everyone.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2023
    The fantasy game is active on F1.com.  I started a league and can send you the link via PM if you like.  Everyone chooses their own team, there isn't a draft or anything...you just have $100 million dollars to hire your team of drivers (up to 5) and 2 Constructors.  Repeats are allowed, you're basically just competing for points.  And you can have 3 different teams, so I've done one that is my favorites and 1 that is who I think will actually start willing. 'Course right now, it's still all up in the air.

I called it Racing Woes, though BeeBee Racing did have a moment's consideration.  It's super simplified this year, almost too much.

Just PM me if you want the link.