Wedding Woes

That post made me think

Google has been yelling at me for quite some time about my storage.  The main storage?  My renewal photos (I didn't have a wedding at the time we got married).  I have a CD of them, I had just saved them years ago in storage.  I finally took them out of the storage and will just have the CD moving forward (I do want to keep them, it's a memory of an important day in my life, even if the relationship came to an end).

Looking through the photos, I was utterly shocked at how many couples (not just me) weren't together anymore.  Honestly, if I counted them as couples, it was less than two full hands and barely more than one hand, out of 120ish guests?.  I think being in our 20s probably made that look different, but it did make me think about relationships and how they last.

Re: That post made me think

• Also, I don't even know if there is anyone around from when I had my renewal (2007, maybe @mrsconn23?  There was a wave there for a hot minute), but one of the guests and I had a bit of a tiff b/c I wasn't willing to invite his now GF, from a 3?4? week old relationship (he didn't have a +1 when invites went out).  Said man was one of my very good friends and rotated GFs in/out every few months.  I finally gave in, b/c the argument wasn't worth it and one more plate wasn't going to kill the budget.  

Broke up 2 weeks after the wedding and she's in a lot of pics, b/c he was a groomsman. 
    :smiley:
  • VarunaTT said:
    Google has been yelling at me for quite some time about my storage.  The main storage?  My renewal photos (I didn't have a wedding at the time we got married).  I have a CD of them, I had just saved them years ago in storage.  I finally took them out of the storage and will just have the CD moving forward (I do want to keep them, it's a memory of an important day in my life, even if the relationship came to an end).

Looking through the photos, I was utterly shocked at how many couples (not just me) weren't together anymore.  Honestly, if I counted them as couples, it was less than two full hands and barely more than one hand, out of 120ish guests?.  I think being in our 20s probably made that look different, but it did make me think about relationships and how they last.
    We have a few couples that were married who aren't anymore in our wedding photos.  What really gets me in the feels is how many aren't with us anymore.  
  • banana468 said:
    VarunaTT said:

We have a few couples that were married who aren't anymore in our wedding photos.  What really gets me in the feels is how many aren't with us anymore.  
    Yes.  I also had to look at them recently b/c they had some of the best pics of my dad and that was rough.  Though there are some funny ones, that my mother said no to (I wanted to use te one of him sticking his finger in the chocolate fountain)
  • banana468 said:
    VarunaTT said:

I was looking through shutterfly last night at some pics and I came across some from my older sister's wedding and there was a pic of tiny kiddo (he was, like, 4) and my mom.  Talk about a little stab to the heart for all the reasons. 
  • @VarunaTT, that is interesting!  Though sad.  I'd blame it on most people being in their 20s and I'm sure some of those couples weren't married or in serious relationships.

My wedding was the opposite.  Everyone is still together except for one couple.  But then, the demographics of my wedding were also really different.  It was only 9 years ago and my H and I were older.  So were most of our guests, who were mainly family and family friends and more my mom's age.  And our guest list was much smaller, about 35 people, so less "statistical data", lol.

The one exception was my friend, who was in a pretty new relationship anyway at the time of my wedding.  They'd only been dating for a few months, so not too shocking they aren't still together.  Though they did end up becoming serious and dated for about one year.

In fact, her invite had "and guest" because she wasn't sure if she wanted to bring that guy or her BFF at the time the invites went out.  I was fresh from TK that SO's needed to be specifically named on the invite, lol.  As such, I had asked her his name and she said she wasn't sure if she'd want to bring him because things were so new or would it be okay if she brought her BFF.  She wouldn't have known anyone else there except me and my H, so I was cool with her bringing whomever she wanted to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’ve only been married a year (together 10 years next month though!) but a few days ago I was looking at one of our wedding pictures and my dad was standing there looking so happy and healthy and it got me in the feels. If we had held off until this year for the wedding he’d be in the wheelchair. My one regret from our wedding is not hiring a professional photographer, because the pictures are decent, but the framing is off in some and the quality could be much better. 

• @levioosa, I'm surprised you've been married a year!  It seems like it was just a few months ago.  But I can understand it's a little bitter-sweet remembering how much better things were for your dad not that long ago.  Maybe a professional photographer could improve some of the photo with better framing, focus, and that kind of thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy 1 year @levioosa, I remember the photos you posted and they were great!

while I don’t really look back on the pro shots of my wedding, I LOVE our pro photobooth ones. I got to keep all that were taken and they show what a fun night everyone was having.  I put on a good party, yo. Lol.