Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay!

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited February 2023 in Wedding Woes
I'm really glad it's the end of the week.  I've already cried this morning -- nothing is going on, I just read a FB and started crying.  So yeah, my period is on it's way, no matter what my damn calendar says.  I really love peri-menopause, it's going really well, you guys.  

I'm coming into work tomorrow to do grunt paperwork that still needs to be done.  I'm going to do every other Saturday for awhile until it's caught up.  I can't do every Saturday, b/c that burns me out.  Sunday I have a friend coming over for nachos.  I had made/found this new nacho recipe last time she came over and they were so good, we've both been craving them again.  Otherwise, not too much.  I really miss being able to listen to podcasts at work (just another sign of how much more I use my brain here), so I'm trying to figure out a way to listen to them at home without getting bored.

ETA:  Ooo, I just remembered that I'm getting the new P!nk album on vinyl in today! Whoot!!

What's everyone else up to?

Re: Fri-yay!

• Options
    So happy it's Friday! We thankfully have nothing planned. My weekend will look like this - reading, drinking tea, watching a movie, and then of course, cleaning. 
  • Options
    It started to rain here last night and should through the day so my new oven is in my garage which is NOT where I cook.  I'm not a patient person. 

But hey this is not a big deal so hopefully we make progress tonight and tomorrow.  
  • Options
    M is spending the night at MILs tomorrow so we have big plans for cocktails and dinner out and sleeping. So much sleeping. 

Finally a day with no meetings so I can just get work done. It’s been such a busy time so I desperately need to catch up. I’ll probably end up working Monday even though we’re off. 
  • Options
    Long weekend coming up for me.  I'm very excited, though I have no plans.  Probably cleaning.  

• Options
    @short+sassy THANK YOU for that . I really haven't been able to find out too much on night sweats except for people complaining.  There truly is no rhyme or reason to it at all; at first I thought it was my Lexapro, but I'm off that now.  Then I thought it was alcohol, but I'm not drinking anymore.  It seems to be just my body is MAAAAAAAD about something and that's the way it chooses to let me know.  

:smiley:
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2023
    Ugh @VarunaTT I know all about crying throughout the day when you're period's coming.  A newer symptom is I have found myself more irritable as well. Like, zero patience for anyone or anything and I'm usually very calm.  Wrapping mine up today/tomorrow but it was a week early this time around and glad for it, we must be on a similar schedule.  

Last day for me for the next week (schools in our area are off the whole week of President's week).  Still savoring a week off being a good thing- these last few years with stbxh home and simmering, school breaks and summer vacation were torture, there wasn't somewhere for the kids and I to consistently escape to five days a week.  Christmas break was technically the first week off since he moved out, but it was such a busy time of year that it didn't really occur to me until the week was almost over.  So really appreciating it and feeling thankful for it  from the start this time.

edit posted before I finished my last sentence 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT oh that's right it's out! I may have to listen this afternoon on spotify :) 

@charlotte989875 all the sleep!!
  • Options
    @ei34 I have the same thing w/ the intense irritability. It sometimes almost feels incontrollable.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy THANK YOU for that . I really haven't been able to find out too much on night sweats except for people complaining.  There truly is no rhyme or reason to it at all; at first I thought it was my Lexapro, but I'm off that now.  Then I thought it was alcohol, but I'm not drinking anymore.  It seems to be just my body is MAAAAAAAD about something and that's the way it chooses to let me know.  

:smiley:
    At the time, I thought I was going through early menopause.  When I Googled it, I found out info about peri-menopause and that seemed to fit better.

I agree there isn't any rhyme or reason to it.  I don't know why it suddenly started and, even more inexplicably...though I'm definitely not complaining...why it suddenly stopped.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Ugh @VarunaTT I know all about crying throughout the day when you're period's coming.  A newer symptom is I have found myself more irritable as well. Like, zero patience for anyone or anything and I'm usually very calm.  Wrapping mine up today/tomorrow but it was a week early this time around and glad for it, we must be on a similar schedule.  

Last day for me for the next week (schools in our area are off the whole week of President's week).  Still savoring a week off being a good thing- these last few years with stbxh home and simmering, school breaks and summer vacation were torture, there wasn't somewhere for the kids and I to consistently escape to five days a week.  Christmas break was technically the first week off since he moved out, but it was such a busy time of year that it didn't really occur to me until the week was almost over.  So really appreciating it and feeling thankful for it  from the start this time.

edit posted before I finished my last sentence 
    TMI, I was fortunate when I was younger to have fairly light periods with almost no negative symptoms.  I'd have minor mood swings and cramps on the first day but, as soon as I took Advil, the cramps went away.  But starting somewhere around my mid or late 30s, it changed and started to get progressively worse.  My periods got heavier.  Greater mood swings.  Lower back pain and digestive issues joined the period party sometime in my 40s.  I don't have any back problems, it's normally fine.  But during my period, it hurts.

That's nice you have all of next week off!  It wasn't like that when I was in school.  It was President's Day and that was it.  Sounds like it will be an especially relaxing week, without all the extra chores to do for the holidays and especially now that you are no longer living with stbxh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34 said:

I'm laughing with you, because yesterday I texted a friend, "I am the crabbiest person alive right now."  Like, full on grumpy for no solid reason, but I wouldn't want to cross me.  

I'm wondering if my tracker isn't messed up.  I'm usually a 22 day period cycle(b/c why would I get the lovely longer between periods part of peri-menopause).  But I received a notice from the tracker I use that they were deleting all of the info (I'm sure b/c of the political climate) and if it would mess things up, b/c it took awhile for my tracker to recognize 22 days.  So I think I'm back at the beginning for all of that.
  • Options
    BK woke up at like midnight with a nasty a.f cough!
    Like it sounded like she couldn't breathe, crossed with a croup bark.

It's been very melty, so we think snow mold might be an allergy for her. She was sniffley but nothing even like "oh is she ok?"

Anyways she didn't change colour etc, so she could breathe fine. We did vicks to help, but we figure it was phlegm from drip.
    This morning M gave her some mucus and phlegm, and she seems tired but physically fine.
    Whatever was there seems to be gone now - not even coughing the same now - but we're keeping her on the meds a bit just in case.
  • Options
    I get the grumps and can be hyper-emotional around my period. It's a good time, LOL. 

I'm actually knocking off work right now and going to get my nails done.  I will probably also do some shopping after that as well.  The last couple weeks have been draining.  I told my boss I needed a brain break.  

We have finished the interview process and made a decision.  I now need to complete my training plan for this new person.  I am super excited about our new hire and I think they'll be great for our team. 

We have a bday party for our friend's son tomorrow.  Sunday we're trying to squeeze in a hike and then taking FIL out for his bday.   Have a good one, y'all.  
  • Options
    I have PMDD so the week and a half to two weeks leading up to my period is bullshit. I feel like I literally only have 1-1.5, maaaybe 2 weeks if I’m lucky of “normal” feelings a month. I hate feeling so anxious a few days before, and extra depressed. And then I get so snippy and irritable. I have to walk away from stuff sometimes. And then the fatigue is just so awful. My mom said the best thing that happened to her was her hysterectomy. 

Weekend plans still up in the air. Work is kicking off in an annoying way. Oh well. At least it’s Friday. Freedom in 11.5 hours lol

• Options
    SIB:

My randoms for the day is I'm reading an article about the inspiration for 10 of Dolly Parton's songs.

There was really a person named Jolene, but she was an 8-year-old child.  She was a fan at a concert who wanted Dolly to give her an autograph.  She said the child was so striking looking.  She had the most beautiful red hair with bright green eyes.  She asked the little girl her name and she told her Jolene.  Dolly told the little girl it was a pretty name that sounded like a song and she was going to write one.

"I Will Always Love You" was not inspired by a romance, but by her decision to leave the Porter Wagoner show that had given her, her start.  She and Porter cared about each other as friends/colleagues, but argued all the time, so she knew she finally needed to leave.

She was asked in the early '90s if the song could be used by Whitney Houston for the Bodyguard.  She said that was fine and then forgot about it.  Until she heard Whitney's version on the radio.  She said it was one of the most thrilling moments of her life, to hear a song she wrote sung so big and beautifully.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    G spiked a fever last night and H brought him to the ER around 11 - he was admitted and will be here at least 48 hours. Just a virus, but his blood counts are super low so they need to monitor. N was snuggly and sweet this morning and did not want to go to school. I'm half ass working at the hospital all day, H will sleep at home tonight and we'll switch again tomorrow! G is in good spirits, coloring, watching TV and eating unlimited snacks. 
    My boss is great and basically told me not to worry about work or time off, the team will be fine and i'm not on anything urgent. 

Hoping everyone has a good weekend!
  • Options
    BTW, Northeast Area  Knotties, there are reports that the winds and local rain are bringing with it the remnants of the train derailment in Ohio.  

I'm not one trying to push into conspiracy theories but local residents are reporting ash on their cars and brown spots from last night.  I'm further to the east and trying to stay inside but this is seriously concerning. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    BTW, Northeast Area  Knotties, there are reports that the winds and local rain are bringing with it the remnants of the train derailment in Ohio.  

I'm not one trying to push into conspiracy theories but local residents are reporting ash on their cars and brown spots from last night.  I'm further to the east and trying to stay inside but this is seriously concerning. 
    My bff lives in PA an hour away and I’m so worried. 

• Options
    banana468 said:

I've heard this too, both for Orange and Rockland in NY. I saw reports of people claiming last night to be smelling bad odors and seeing film on their cars. Again, not one to cause any hysteria, but apparently our local governments are out investigating. 
  • Options
    SIB:

My randoms for the day is I'm reading an article about the inspiration for 10 of Dolly Parton's songs.

There was really a person named Jolene, but she was an 8-year-old child.  She was a fan at a concert who wanted Dolly to give her an autograph.  She said the child was so striking looking.  She had the most beautiful red hair with bright green eyes.  She asked the little girl her name and she told her Jolene.  Dolly told the little girl it was a pretty name that sounded like a song and she was going to write one.

"I Will Always Love You" was not inspired by a romance, but by her decision to leave the Porter Wagoner show that had given her, her start.  She and Porter cared about each other as friends/colleagues, but argued all the time, so she knew she finally needed to leave.

She was asked in the early '90s if the song could be used by Whitney Houston for the Bodyguard.  She said that was fine and then forgot about it.  Until she heard Whitney's version on the radio.  She said it was one of the most thrilling moments of her life, to hear a song she wrote sung so big and beautifully.  
    IDK if you like podcasts, but the podcast Americana that is an in-depth podcast bout Dolly Parton, is the podcast that finally got me into listening to podcasts, b/c it was so well done.  Super interesting.
  • Options
    SIB:

Other fun fact - both songs were written same day. 
  • Options
    Update:

BK has zero issues now. No cough. Nothing.
    So that's good. Still keeping with meds and vicks just to be safe - M & I think nasal drip.

And I got all my sessions done so I'm filling out paper work to be full credit counselor :D