Wedding Woes

Fri-yay

Just had a frustrating work meeting and that followed a frustrating text exchange with STBXH a couple hours earlier. Ugh. At least it’s Friday.  
Hope everyone has something fun to look forward to this weekend!

Re: Fri-yay

• Ugh. I'm sorry your day is starting out so shitty. I hope it only gets better from here! 

We have a crazy weekend. N is meeting me at work and then we're headed into Brooklyn for a concert. Staying overnight. Rushing home Saturday because N's youngest is having her birthday sleepover Saturday night. So we need snacks, decorations, etc. and I've got to get some cleaning done. Last year we had over 10 girls in the house. Not sure how many are coming tomorrow, but I'm betting it will be a full house. 
    And then we'll need to recover on Sunday. 
  • It is pouring rain today. We had our first puppy class last night. We will not be going on a walk today but can do the rest of the practice inside. LOL puppy energy and learning new stuff. I leave tomorrow for my girls' trip to Florida. H will be in charge of the training while I am gone. Hopefully he will follow through - I have my doubts. Today I will finish packing. Plan on going out for Mexican tonight. 
  • Well I basically just cried my way through my 1:1 with my manager because I’m over tired and over worked. So that’s great. 

On a brighter note- M has a birthday party to go to tomorrow, his first one that isn’t just a family member. H is going out tonight and I’m hoping I’ve finished everything up so I can go to bed early. 
  • aww @charlotte989875, was your manager sympathetic at least? Did you get any resolutions?
    @ei34 I hope the day goes quickly for you! Enough of that shit.
    @climbingsingle Have fun!

The birds were chirpping before 5 this morning.  Winter my ass.  I had to go outside and see that most of my silver swirllie detectors had fallen to the ground so I needed to put them back up before this snow we’re going to get hits.  I have a laser treatment at noon so I hope this snow can hold off till 2. Please? For me? Then I can stay in all weekend. Tyvm snow gods.

• aww @charlotte989875, was your manager sympathetic at least? Did you get any resolutions?
    @ei34 I hope the day goes quickly for you! Enough of that shit.
    @climbingsingle Have fun!

The birds were chirpping before 5 this morning.  Winter my ass.  I had to go outside and see that most of my silver swirllie detectors had fallen to the ground so I needed to put them back up before this snow we’re going to get hits.  I have a laser treatment at noon so I hope this snow can hold off till 2. Please? For me? Then I can stay in all weekend. Tyvm snow gods.
    My manager is great and is pissed that the other person didn’t do what they said they would. He also said “just submit what we have no it’s better than what the last person did so don’t stress out about it”. 
  • @ei34, bleh!  Sorry your day is starting out poorly.

@climbingsingle, enjoy the concert!  

@ILoveBeachMusic, yay for a happy puppy!  Enjoy your girls trip to FL.  That sounds awesome.

I am really annoyed at work again.  There is a new system that was introduced this week on Wednesday.  The extremely good news is that this is the new system that is supposed to make WFH for the client's employees much faster and better.  Which is the main thing my big boss has been waiting to see on how well it works, in order for me to be allowed to WFH when I move.

But here's the eye-rolling, annoying part.  We need to be working in this new system on Monday...it's not just for WFH, it will now be used wherever people are, including in the office.  The old system will be cut-off.

So that's three business days to iron out all the technical issues for about 150 people at my office.  And who is one of the three people that are inexplicably locked out of the system to where it needs to be resolved at the client's corporate level?  Me.  Because of course it's me.  I've been told it will be resolved sometime today.  Except today is my half-day and I'm leaving in about an hour (shrug).

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens on Monday.  I'm saving a few spreadsheets on my desktop, so I can at least work on those if I'm locked out of the system.  I do not understand why they don't allow for more transition time for these kinds of issues that always happen but, whatever.  That's usually how it is here.

But my weekend is almost here and I'm not dwelling on it.  For errands on my way home, I have two banks to go to.  And Walmart for prescriptions and few necessities.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh @charlotte989875 those are the worst meetings. Hope everything turns out ok. Have fun at the birthday party! 

@ei34 sorry about your rough morning and that STBXH is still being an ass - i hope he is your EXH really soon!

Enjoy the sleepover @climbingsingle, how old are the girls?

HAve fun on your trip @ILoveBeachMusic!
  • Oh @short+sassy I forgot to mention that yesterday I heard the company lilly, a major insulin supplier will be cutting their prices by 70% in the future. I thought of it when you mentioned working from home with the same company and how your health benefits are less than par.  Could be something beneficial in the future!

• I don't think I have anything to do tomorrow and I'm very glad.  Sunday I'll go visit mom and get gas into her car.  Otherwise, just still taking it slow and steady.  I feel better already, less on edge and weepy.  I actually smiled yesterday and was able to exert some willpower to choose the congruent choice for myself.

Otherwise, no big plans.  I have to come into work tomorrow because I have a huge project that I just need uninterrupted time and the ability to sit on the floor (lots of pages to go through).  I have already told everyone that I'll be yelling at my screen.  Sunday is race day!  And I'll go see my mom and take her to fill up her gas tank.
  • Casadena said:

Enjoy the sleepover @climbingsingle, how old are the girls?

She's turning 15 so most of her friends are around that age. 
  • Trying to work through some parent guilt about not spending enough time with my kids (and sometimes not WANTING to spend time with them, which makes me feel even worse). I know it's healthy to have your own stuff going on, but ugh, it's hard. 

Finally have some actual work to do and i'm excited about it. Although OF COURSE id' get called for jury duty next week - so hoping it's short or i get dismissed immediately. 

Probably some park or library time depending on weather and our nieces bday party on Sunday, other than that just hanging out here!
  • *hugs* @charlotte989875

@short+sassy. We are switching over this weekend too. “Don’t worry, Monday all of the IT staff will be here.” Well guess who doesn’t work Mondays. So next Wednesday should be fun. 

I’m not gonna lie, I’m dreading work today. They slowed down all of the other provider schedules and put the extra patients on my schedule. So not only am I not able to prepare for the transition, but I have extra patients on top of it. My MAs are both out so I’ll have some unknown person helping me today and that’s always a struggle since we don’t know each other or the routine. Boo. 13 more hours until freedom. 

• Oh @short+sassy I forgot to mention that yesterday I heard the company lilly, a major insulin supplier will be cutting their prices by 70% in the future. I thought of it when you mentioned working from home with the same company and how your health benefits are less than par.  Could be something beneficial in the future!
    I read an article about it a couple days ago.  NGL, I was completely shocked and amazed that a pharmaceutical company was "willingly" cutting it's prices on insulin, in the US.  I don't think it's all its versions of insulin.  But it does include their Humalog vials, which is the most commonly purchased insulin.  I use the Humalog Kwikpens, which I don't think are included in their lowered prices.  But the vials are the same insulin, just not as conveniently packaged, so I could always switch to that.

However, at least at the present time, I can get the pens pretty cheap with my insurance discount.  Even before that announcement, the last time I filled this prescription my price was $0 for two boxes.  It's been $35 for two boxes for the last two years.

"Willingly" is in quotes because this is after years of protests in front of their corporate offices and their name constantly being dragged through the mud on this issue.  Because for years people have been dying over a medication that costs them a few dollars to make, but they charge a 100x profit on.  Now there is also White House pressure.

Funny how they don't give two shits when it's the American people upset, but when their "bought and paid for" politicians start to look askance, that's when changes are made.  But they still didn't have to lower the prices.  So at least they finally did.  Even if they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do it.

On a related topic, I have found it interesting that insulin has become the poster child for affordable life-saving medication.  I'm happy about that because it so directly affects me.  But I'm sure there are other life-saving medications.  What about those?  Is it that since they don't get mainstream media attention-->don't get politicians' attention-->high prices still ignored by pharmaceutical companies.

NOBODY should have to die or go bankrupt or ration their medication or diminish their quality of life because of their medication/medical condition.  Help for everyone.  Not just the latest media darling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    *hugs* @charlotte989875

@short+sassy. We are switching over this weekend too. “Don’t worry, Monday all of the IT staff will be here.” Well guess who doesn’t work Mondays. So next Wednesday should be fun. 

I’m not gonna lie, I’m dreading work today. They slowed down all of the other provider schedules and put the extra patients on my schedule. So not only am I not able to prepare for the transition, but I have extra patients on top of it. My MAs are both out so I’ll have some unknown person helping me today and that’s always a struggle since we don’t know each other or the routine. Boo. 13 more hours until freedom. 
    Such a coincidence!  Good luck to us both.  I have wondered what they did about anyone who might have been on vacation this week. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker