Wedding Woes

Monday

It was a good weekend.  I really didn't do much except sleep, watch some TV, and household chores.  But I can tell the Lexapro is back in me and working b/c I also didn't cry all weekend.  I also think I'm getting better sleep again.  The race on Sunday was not good for Mercedes, but it was a good race.

I'm so pissy about The Mandalorian only dropping ONE episode!  Usually they drop the first 2-3 episodes!  Also, though I have really enjoyed Mayor of Kingstown, it seems to be going off the rails.  IDK how much Renner's injuries have to do with that, but I'm hoping it gets back on track soon, b/c I do really enjoy the show.

Going to get my mammogram today.  I'm really overdue for it, but I finally managed to make, and keep, the appointment.

Re: Monday

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My weekend was nice, our local children's museum has a Mo Willems exhibit as the temporary exhibit that was an absolute ball.  Otherwise fairly lowkey.  Wishing everyone a quick week!
  • We had a nice weekend, but it was busy! The weather was fantastic, so we wanted to be outside as much as possible. Saturday we got up early and ran at the park before it got crowded. Then ran a few errands before lunch and reading the rest of my book club book on the deck. Saturday afternoon we went to the soccer game and wound up staying out later than we should have. Yesterday morning my book club was a brunch, and then I went for a hike with a couple of friends in the club. It was so nice and I didn't want to go inside, so I had H meet me at a brewery with a decent patio on the way home. Then we ended up grabbing dinner out. I feel like I've been gone the whole weekend. It's supposed to be in the 70s again today, so I'm probably going to work on the deck this afternoon. 

I just love spring so much. 
  • @VarunaTT, I'm glad the Lexapro is making you feel better.

@climbingsingle, congrats on surviving the sleepover!

Update on my work computer problems.  I was told they'd have the problem fixed on Friday.  I rolled my eyes and LMAO.  Sure enough, it's now 10am on Monday and I think I'm the only person out of 130+ who still can't use the new system at all.  There were two other people that had the same problem I do, but they were able to get in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Good morning.  We had a great weekend and it ended with a thud. 

Friday, DH and I met at Costco after work.  It was rainy and kind of windy when we went in.  By the time we got out, it had gone from bad to worse.  It was freezing rain and it changed quickly to wet and heavy snow.  The drive home was pretty sketchy. 

Saturday, we got up and I started cleaning house in anticipation of BIL coming into town. I went shopping while DH finished house stuff and then we decided to go to dinner with BIL and DH near where they were going to a concert and then they planned to Uber home after.  DefConn and I got home and were pretty low-key the rest of the night.  DH and BIL got home and then DH and I were up suuuper late because we had to brine chickens for Sunday and we weren't tired. 

Sunday, we did a 4 mile paved trail walk because it was too mashy and gross to hike anywhere.  The rest of the day was taking care of food and hosting.  As we were cleaning up around 7 and saying goodbye, the kiddo called and said he'd been in an accident.  He's OK, thankfully.  It wasn't his fault, someone pulled out in front of him.  DH and BIL went to check on him and see if his car was driveable.  They got him home to FIL's house.  The front-end is pretty trashed, but it may not be totaled.  Now we're dealing with insurance and all that fun stuff.  He does have the other drivers info.  We have rental coverage and he has a work truck, so it's not going to impact him getting to and from work.  I'm just so glad he's OK.  We've been talking and texting all morning as I help him navigate all of it.  

When DH and BIL got home, we watched The Last of Us, which I want to talk about for 100 hours, especially last night's episode.   Also, if you watch Vanderpump Rules, it was a wild weekend in that universe if you've been following the social media and TMZ of it all.  :) 
  • @mrsconn23 the VPR drama is crazy. I even had a dream about it last night..lol. 

• Does anyone watch VPR on Bravo? I've been overdosing on all that drama all weekend. Whew. 
    I have listened to so many 'emergency' podcast episodes on all of it.  I can't get enough.  I hope Ariana finds the hottest person ever (girl/guy/nonbinary) to shove in Sandoval's face.  And I hope they are the most loving, supportive, amazing person and lets her shine like she should.  She's the best person on that show and this is bullshit. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Does anyone watch VPR on Bravo? I've been overdosing on all that drama all weekend. Whew. 
    I have listened to so many 'emergency' podcast episodes on all of it.  I can't get enough.  I hope Ariana finds the hottest person ever (girl/guy/nonbinary) to shove in Sandoval's face.  And I hope they are the most loving, supportive, amazing person and lets her shine like she should.  She's the best person on that show and this is bullshit. 
    She really is the best person on that show. And the fact that she's been so welcoming and kind to Raquel (*Rachel) all these years! I can't even imagine. They've been doing this for months behind her back. 
    I saw that Scheana is going to have Lala and Kristen on her podcast this week so I'll definitely be listening to that as well. 
  • Weekend was good.
    BK slept at IL's Friday night and when we got her Saturday she was self proclaimed "Moody" - which for us, it means she's tired lol
    We got home & told her that she was to chill on the couch with snack and book - to which she stayed for 2hrs
    She definitely crashed early too

Sunday was actually really busy and I feel like we could have done it better.
    So M & I went to the gym, while BK was at play area.
    Afterwards we got home, BK had a snack and I had some minor lunch, then took her to bday party.
    Then I stopped at my mum's and chatted a bit. By the time I left my mum's I had to go get BK again.
    She had a blast :) It was her first bday party.

It did make M & I start thinking/discussing her bday. We gotta get that booked sooner than later since we want to do Sunday of May long weekend.
    I figure it's easier as everyone can rest the Monday.
    Her family bday party will be the saturday the week after.
  • Sounds like a great weekend @climbingsingle.  I need ice cream cake now.
    glad the meds are helping @VarunaTT
    So glad he’s OK @mrsconn23! Still not a call you want.

Friday’s storm passed us, we got nothing.  I went to get a laser eye treatment done at lunch.  I’ve had it done 5 times before and this time the heat was set up so high it burned and hurt like crazy.
    I have burn marks all around my eyes now.  The other 5 were cakewalks compared to this. But the crows feet are gone! Prolly burned off….
    Saturday I woke up with an early text “call me” from mom.  Never good at 7:22 in the a.m (she knows I’m up early).  We have a family friend in hospice, my SIL was given a year to live last year, and my grandfather was in the hospital for ogilvie. I knew this wasn’t going to be a “hey how are you?” Call. My Grandfather passed away early Saturday morning 😢.
    my mom wanted to get down there for moral support, which would mean moving my Dad’s surgery around yet again (unless only my mom went and I would stay to drive Dad to and from and stay with him) but my aunt wanted my Dad to get the surgery and stay.  Everything can be done over the phone. He’s being cremated and buried later in the year. He was 95 and doing very well before his fall.  He was getting better too so it was a shock to my aunt that he passed (probably in his sleep).  The comforting thing about it all, is he’s now with the love of his life, my grandmother (adorb pic right?)

• mrsconn23 said:

Does anyone watch VPR on Bravo? I've been overdosing on all that drama all weekend. Whew. 
    She really is the best person on that show. And the fact that she's been so welcoming and kind to Raquel (*Rachel) all these years! I can't even imagine. They've been doing this for months behind her back. 
    I saw that Scheana is going to have Lala and Kristen on her podcast this week so I'll definitely be listening to that as well. 
    OMG, I will be listening to that for sure.  I don't normally listen to Bravo people's podcasts, but I will make an exception.  LOL 
  • @CharmedPam, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather and the family friend. That's a wonderful pic of your grandparents!  Sounds like they lived a happy life together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m so sorry for your loss @CharmedPam

• ((hugs)) @CharmedPam
    I'm so sorry. 
  • @CharmedPam I'm so sorry for your loss!
  • @mrsconn23 the last of us was so good last night. Ellie’s pure rage at the end was just perfectly executed. 

Weekend was mostly good. SIL A and her H came over for dinner and drinks to celebrate my bday. Did a hike and then unfortunately for some goddawful reason on Sunday morning H and I woke up at 3 am and we couldn’t go back to sleep so yesterday was a day of trying to get some naps in to feel less dead. Today I need to go to the mall to return some things and I need to clean up the house. 

I’m glad you’re feeling better @VarunaTT

• They’re too cute @charmedpam, I’m so sorry for your loss. No matter the age or the circumstances, it’s hard. Thinking of you all! 
  • Big hugs, @CharmedPam.  That's hard.  That is also a great picture of them.
  • ei34ei34 member
    Sorry for your loss @CharmedPam and what a sweet pic!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited March 2023
    This was an interesting development when I tried to fill my prescriptions on Friday.

According to my doctor, the classification for one of my prescriptions changed to a controlled substance.  As he rolled his eyes and said it's ridiculous.  The medication is Butalbital, Acetaminophen, and Caffeine (it's name is the three ingredients).

Now, I don't know what Butalbital is, but the rest of it isn't controlled or expensive ingredients.

I use it, when needed, for headaches.  That's about it.  It's glorified Tylenol.  Or at least that is what it seems like.  But it does work, whereas OTC medicine sometimes don't.

In the past, it was around $50 when I used my Good Rx card.  But not this time.  $274!!!  I didn't fill it.  That's way too much.  But it's really frustrating and disappointing.

WTF?  Seriously.  Why the drastic change in price?  The only thing I can think of is that now it is a controlled substance.  Maybe that's a coincidence, but doesn't seem like it.

Edited:  I looked it up.  Supposedly Butalbital is "highly addictive" because of its relaxing, sedative effects.  Ummm...okay.  If they say so.  I realize medication can affect people differently, but I was pretty shocked to read that.

It didn't have any kind of relaxing or sedative effect for me.  I never even felt tired when I took it.  I also never felt an iota of addiction.  But then, I didn't take it very often.  Just when I had an especially bad headache.  Maybe once every month or two.

And I know it isn't expensive to produce or I wouldn't have been able to previously buy it for $50.  I'll have to ask my doctor if there is an equivalent, but cheaper, medication.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That’s a crazy amount to pay @short+sassy!  I needed tylenol with codine for my surgeries last year and walgreens wouldn’t even fill them!
    i was so mad when they told me that.  It’s pain medicine. Because I’m in pain.  I had to go to the surgeons approved pharmacy. Ironically I didn’t even use all of it! 1/4 of the bottle on surgery one and the other 1/4 for surgery 2.  So yeah, I still have 1/2 a bottle left. I could have has a bottle filled for both surgeries too. But I’m scared of getting addicted to that, so only used it when I absolutely needed it. M

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, yeah they had a great life together.  A simple life. But a good one!

• Sounds like a great weekend @climbingsingle.  I need ice cream cake now.
    glad the meds are helping @VarunaTT
    So glad he’s OK @mrsconn23! Still not a call you want.

Friday’s storm passed us, we got nothing.  I went to get a laser eye treatment done at lunch.  I’ve had it done 5 times before and this time the heat was set up so high it burned and hurt like crazy.
    I have burn marks all around my eyes now.  The other 5 were cakewalks compared to this. But the crows feet are gone! Prolly burned off….
    Saturday I woke up with an early text “call me” from mom.  Never good at 7:22 in the a.m (she knows I’m up early).  We have a family friend in hospice, my SIL was given a year to live last year, and my grandfather was in the hospital for ogilvie. I knew this wasn’t going to be a “hey how are you?” Call. My Grandfather passed away early Saturday morning 😢.
    my mom wanted to get down there for moral support, which would mean moving my Dad’s surgery around yet again (unless only my mom went and I would stay to drive Dad to and from and stay with him) but my aunt wanted my Dad to get the surgery and stay.  Everything can be done over the phone. He’s being cremated and buried later in the year. He was 95 and doing very well before his fall.  He was getting better too so it was a shock to my aunt that he passed (probably in his sleep).  The comforting thing about it all, is he’s now with the love of his life, my grandmother (adorb pic right?)
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to your whole family. I hope your Dad's surgery goes well.
  • I honestly hope that GS comes down with the fire of 1,000 suns if the accounts doing this are linked to GS troops in any way including parents. 

It's NOT the GS motto or a good teaching model for girls at all and there should be consequences.

That said, I'm thoroughly disappointed that they didn't consider a different business model and did not think it through after just looking at what happened w/ Taylor Swift tickets. 

• banana468 said:
    I honestly hope that GS comes down with the fire of 1,000 suns if the accounts doing this are linked to GS troops in any way including parents. 

It's NOT the GS motto or a good teaching model for girls at all and there should be consequences.

That said, I'm thoroughly disappointed that they didn't consider a different business model and did not think it through after just looking at what happened w/ Taylor Swift tickets. 

Yup, not seeing a whole lot of integrity there….

• banana468 said:
    I honestly hope that GS comes down with the fire of 1,000 suns if the accounts doing this are linked to GS troops in any way including parents. 

Yup, not seeing a whole lot of integrity there….
    They were sold out on the first day!  So these are either people close to Girl Scouts or GS themselves.   I'll talk more with our local troop leader and didn't see anyone in my state shipping them but with the timing as it was, it's telling me that there are some unscrupulous girls/parents.