Wedding Woes

Prudie Day

Whew, had a nonstop day yesterday and channeling calm today. Weekend and next week evenings will be busy and I'm already annoyed about it and I have to get better and not being bothered by things to do all the time.  How's everyone?

Re: Prudie Day

• Work is crazy busy and I’m real annoyed by it. Part of it is my fault for committing to too many things, part of it is other people dropping the ball. The biggest part is just that we’re under resourced and I need a team for what I’m doing. Just have to make it through two more days. 
  • Leaving work early for my hopefully last checkup with my ortho. Don't want to jinx it but my ankle has been feeling good this week! 
    And of course since I'll have a little time in the afternoon, I'm filling it with running errands after my appt. 
  • I'm doing a yoga class on Saturday, so I need to pick up a yoga mat tomorrow.
    I'm hoping it'll help, I've felt so tense lately.

Sunday night BK is now sleeping at IL's - she's on march break as of tomorrow - so I'll see if M wants to try and do sushi for dinner.
    We've been trying to cut back on a lot for financial reasons - our focus has been paying stuff off and unfortunately this recent pay I kinda fucked my budget.

On top of that, our floors in the spare room are getting done. I told M we need to get a new litter box for Penny while we're doing stuff - reduce her kicking litter everywhere.

Sunday we're also going to keep boxing up stuff from our bookshelf. I think M may wanna do more lego car he has.
    I do want him to move the falcon though - it's massive and I don't wanna risk it falling.
  • @climbingsingle, good luck at the ortho!

I've been feeling really sad and out of sorts.  It's a lot of things, big and small, but there isn't much I can do about most of it which also makes me feel helpless and a bit angry about it.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer for the day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Possible TMI - I got in the shower with my contacts in.  I'm not sure where the left one is now.  I think it's stuck but i'm about 30 minutes from calling my eye doc to ask them to go fishing. 
  • @MissKittyDanger, you can't mention a massive falcon and leave us hanging, lol.  What is it?  A stuffed bird?  A lego structure?  Something else?

@VarunaTT, your weekend sounds amazing!  I hope it more than makes up for your more dismal birthday weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm finally here.  Meetings and calls all day.   I took tomorrow off, woohoo. 

Prudie coming up.  
  • Hope it’s your last ortho visit @climbingsingle
    @VarunaTT, I had tickets for Hedwig in my Broadway package but couldn’t make the day my subscription was
    for and didnt know I could change it! darn! I hear good things. Now I’ll usually think twice about spending any time going into the big city for any reason. Hassles. I have two packages for 23/24 for two local theatres.
    sorry you’re feeling down @short+sassy, is it from the home sell news you had earlier this week? 

Weekends almost here! Yesterday I went out to a meetup dinner and then was so exhausted that I slept from 9:30 till 12.  Took an ambien and then slept all the way through till 6.  A good nights sleep was SO needed.

@CharmedPam, you have opened the door for my trauma dump, lol.  You all will not hurt my feelings if you skip my novella.

This is definitely one of the big ones.  It also hit me a couple days ago that my own home has a roof that's older than 10 years.  At least the other two duplexes make decent money compared to the equity.  I really don't want to keep them once I move, but it's not horrible if I do.

But my own house is the most valuable one and, by far, has the most equity.  It makes no sense to keep it, even if I rented out the side I currently live in.  But it's maddening to think about replacing the roof.  It's FINE!  There are no leaks anywhere.  When Hurricane Ida hit this area in 2021 and three of my neighbors had to replace their roofs, I didn't even lose a shingle.

We also have a lot of work to do on our own house before we put it up for sale.  But our previous and brief tenants at our one SFH trashed it so bad that my H is having to devote all his time and work to that right now.  It will probably be another 1-2 months before it is done and at least another 2 months for our house.  I'm really dejected at the delay.

Trying to sell my properties has been exponentially more difficult and expensive than I ever would have expected.  For the two duplexes I already sold, it was $60K in repairs I wasn't expecting. Just a completely insane amount of money.  It makes me gun shy to even want to sell anything else.  But I hate living in this city so much.  Some of that was the roof I had to replace and I will get some of it back.  But my insurance estimated $15K for roof replacement and it was actually $25K.  So I'm in the middle of a dispute and not sure how that will work out. 

For a minor issue on that, my insurance did send a check in the meantime.  I can cash it without it affecting my dispute, so that is a relief.  But they made it payable to me AND my mortgage servicer.  For a repair I already paid 100% for and on a property I don't have a loan on anymore.  So now, instead of paying off my credit card that had the final payment on it.  I have to mail the check to mortgage servicer.  So they can endorse it.  And mail it back to me.  So f**king stupid.

Pretty helpless on all of that, unless I want to drop $45K-$75K on three new roofs.  Or sell to an investor and take an even bigger hit on the sales prices.  And all of that would be on my HELOC, which currently has an almost 10% interest rate.

-------------------

On a different topic, my doctor gave me a prescription for Mounjaro.  I've read so many reviews and am so excited to take it.  I think there is a good chance it will help me tremendously with so many of my medical issues.  But my insurance rejected it because I'm a T1 diabetic, not a T2.  Not that they probably would have paid for it anyway, but that obviously makes it even harder. It's over $1K/month, out of pocket.  Which ramps me up all over again for what a joke medical care, at least when it comes to cost, is in this country.  And hardly the first time I've had to wait years to be able to use a life changing advance in medicine.  I even expected problems, but it's depressed me more than I thought it would.

There's a coupon program I will try to take advantage of, but it will end in June.  At least I hope to be able to use it, but I'm not holding my breath.  If I can at least try it, I can see if it helps me.  Plus that way, I know if it will be worth a "medical tourism" trip if another country sells it cheaper.  F**king pathetic that's how desperate it is in this country, smh.  But, right now, it's only sold in the US anyway.

I am just SO TIRED of all the medical games!!!  Endless arguments with insurance companies.  Everything being kept "vague", so you can never get a straight answer.  Because they want people to give up, which I often do.  Same with my doctor's office, who are like pulling teeth to return my calls about prescriptions or anything else.  Scouring the internet for pharma coupons and programs, just to get medication I need that I have no hope to be able to pay for otherwise.  Buying medication from Canada and then having to worry about where my package is.

A medium point on the same topic.  Having to call Abott pharmaceuticals multiple times a year...20-30 minutes per call...because they make such a dysfunctional sensor that about one third of them are bad.  I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose, because a lot of people won't ask for a replacement.  They tell me they will send a replacement.  And then they don't half the time.  So cue another long phone call to these AHs.

I just want to be able to take care of my health at an affordable price and without having to jump through hoops.  And I want the days of my life I have wasted trying to achieve that returned to me.  The years of heartache and aggravation.

----------------------------------

On another topic that I've also been resentful about for years.  I want my H to get a f**king job already.  And a driver's license.  I'm tired of supporting us almost by myself.  I'm tired of his excuses.  We would have been in a position to support ourselves from our own business years ago and have exponentially more money, if he'd been working a f/t job also.  And he really doesn't care.  He says he does.  But his actions have never shown that.  Though, right now, he does have a good excuse because he could only do something remotely.

--------------------------------

Another topic.  I feel extremely unappreciated at work.  I've been almost totally cut out of Procurement.  It's another reason moving and WFH would be great.  At least then being cut out of the department I was managing for 5 years by myself wouldn't be in my face all the time.  But I still don't know if I will be allowed to.  I've also heard rumors...about myself, lol...that I'm leaving the company at the end of the year.  Not even rumors.  One of the VPS of the company apparently said that in a meeting.  I don't even know that guy.  But he would have heard it from my Big Boss.  I was pretty sure BB and I had the understanding that we were going to strive for my WFH when I move.  Which is happening in Fall at the latest, not the end of the year, (eye roll).

For the cherry on top, BB introduced me to a new employee in Procurement who is sitting in the cube next to mine.  He told her I'm in Doc Control.  WTF?!?!  I'm not.  I'm in Procurement and Steel Management.  I nicely and as casually as I could corrected him, which I felt bad about doing in front of a new person.  But especially with everything that has been going on, that is not an error I can let go of.  I tried to chalk it up to him mis-speaking.  But he had a fleeting look of confusion, so I'm not so sure he did mis-speak.  I'm going to talk to him in another couple months about the WFH option.  I want to wait for the new system to stretch it's legs so, hopefully, he can give me a solid yes.  But I definitely don't want to delay too much because of all the weird stuff happening.

---------------------------

For the most part, that covers the big problems.

TLDR: trouble/potential trouble selling my properties, unaffordable and PITA healthcare, my H's perpetual unemployment, upset at some work issues
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT I saw that meme this morning and M & I had a good laugh about it lol

@short+sassy LMFAO SORRY!! M has the Lego Star Wars Millenium Falcon
    It's fucking maaassssiiiivvveee and not done because he ran out of space lol
    When spare room floors are done, we'll have a new table in there and he can finish it
  • @VarunaTT I saw that meme this morning and M & I had a good laugh about it lol

When spare room floors are done, we'll have a new table in there and he can finish it
    Straight up, I thought you were talking about a falcon bird. 

It's even BETTER that it's the Millenium Falcon!

I'm glad it's legos, lol.  I was picturing a big, stuffed bird.  I'm creeped out by stuff like that.

Not that I'd want a giant lego project taking up space either, lol.

Years ago, I worked at a TGIF chain restaurant.  One day I came to work, and found a big glass case with two fighting roosters, above a counter in the service area.  The little metal hooks on their ankles and everything.

I asked the manager about it and he said a regular customer had "donated" it to the restaurant.

So, first off.  It breaks my brain trying to think of how it would occur to a person to bring this big thing to their local restaurant.

The second set of questions I did ask.  "Okay, and?  Why is it here?  Why did you all accept it?  Cock fighting is barbaric and that thing looking over us while we process payments is really creepy."

I was answered with mumbles and shrugs.  That grotesque thing was still there when I left that job, many months later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Let's be clear .... if anyone gets a random a.f pet, it's me.

I am chaotic energy in this relationship lmao
  • Let's be clear .... if anyone gets a random a.f pet, it's me.

I am chaotic energy in this relationship lmao

Peter Griffin got a falcon in one of the episodes of Family Guy.  It's name was Xerxes.  He would use an authoritative voice every time he commanded it to do something.  Which was extra funny because "Xerxes" is such a strong, bad ass name.

But he lost the falcon in a lawsuit, so it was only in that one episode.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 YAY!!!

@short+sassy more like in Modern Family when Phil comes home with an alpaca energy lmao
  • @short+sassy. If it makes you feel any better even if your insurance didnt deny it, there’s a very slim chance you’d be able to find it.  Imma ‘bout to give up on it myself.  Apparently that company (who also does Trulicity) will have mounjaro approved for weightloss by this summer and wont ramp up production until the end of the year.  It’s hard to get it now and I’m not going to search to the end of the earth and back for it.  Just wait this surge out I guess?. My friend is on it too and says she can’t get it now.  

• @short+sassy. If it makes you feel any better even if your insurance didnt deny it, there’s a very slim chance you’d be able to find it.  Imma ‘bout to give up on it myself.  Apparently that company (who also does Trulicity) will have mounjaro approved for weightloss by this summer and wont ramp up production until the end of the year.  It’s hard to get it now and I’m not going to search to the end of the earth and back for it.  Just wait this surge out I guess?. My friend is on it too and says she can’t get it now.  
    I've heard it's a bit scarce, but figured if I was tenacious enough I could find it.  That would be really bad news if I can't, because the coupon expires in June.

If it's approved for weight loss, I'd qualify for it that way.  But then, you never know what insurance companies are going to do.  Mine could decide they won't cover it.  Or I'd still have to pay full price, because I don't have copays until I've spent like $7500 in a calendar year.  Until then, I only get their discount.

This is the over thing that drives me nuts with medicine.  How super specific the prescription has to be.  My NPH insulin only gets the insurance discount for one specific brand.  My doctor's office effed that up last year.  Couldn't fix the prescription in time even though they had three days notice before my Europe trip.  So I had to waste $26 buying one vial out of pocket, instead of getting two vials for $10.  Plus wasting one hour of my time, making a special trip to my pharmacy.

I picked up syringes on my last pharmacy trip.  I wanted a different size, but no.  It has to match the exact dimensions on the prescription.  Stuff like how long the syringe body is and how many mms long the syringe itself is.  If I want it different at all, my doctor has to change the prescription and re-call it in.  It doesn't make any difference!!!!  My insurance discount covers it the same way, no matter what size the syringe is.  You also don't need a prescription to buy syringes, but I do need one to get the insurance discount.  A minor thing, but an especially stupid one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker