Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-Yay

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2023 in Wedding Woes
I am so ready for this weekend.  Tomorrow, I get my lashes/eyebrows done which I love doing for myself, then go out of town with 3 good friends, to stay with a 4th good friend, to go see a 5th good friend in a show, and I get to see my BFF of 20+ years as well b/c we're going to his home town!  I think I really need this break/trip and I'm starting to get excited...which in of itself is good, b/c I've been having issues feeling good emotions.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm not feeling work today, but I'll push through it.  Another friend is taking me to a belated bday dinner tonight, so that'll be nice too.

I'm truly very lucky in my life and I can see it, even if at times I can't appreciate it.

Re: Fri-Yay

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Feel better and hope you have an awesome (birthday) weekend with your friends @VarunaTT
    Weekend is pretty full.  Definitely want to squeeze some spring cleaning in at some point though.
  • Options
    Sounds like exactly what you need, @VarunaTT.  have fun! 
    Another weekend with nothing going on.  Maybe I’ll
    catch the movie Scream.  Does anyone else have this problem? I like a darker shadow and mascara.  I’ve tried MANY mascaras, and right now am using blinc which is a flake free fiber one.  I wear the best eye shadow primers under my shadows and yet, at the end of the day, I get fall out on my tear troughs. I don’t get any fall out after I put my make up on and am ready for the day, this all happens during the day.  I guess it’s new for me, it’s something I never noticed before….what am I doing wrong? No dark shades?

• Options
    Sounds like exactly what you need, @VarunaTT.  have fun! 
    Another weekend with nothing going on.  Maybe I’ll
    catch the movie Scream.  Does anyone else have this problem? I like a darker shadow and mascara.  I’ve tried MANY mascaras, and right now am using blinc which is a flake free fiber one.  I wear the best eye shadow primers under my shadows and yet, at the end of the day, I get fall out on my tear troughs. I don’t get any fall out after I put my make up on and am ready for the day, this all happens during the day.  I guess it’s new for me, it’s something I never noticed before….what am I doing wrong? No dark shades?
    Brand and/or age of shadow?  Also, I've taken to patting my shadow in and then kind of gently brushing into a blend, to help with anything that's loose and will fall.  

Also, I bought those stickers things that have been advertised to help with hooded lids, so I'll review those when I try them.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited March 2023
    Thank me later (#1 on amazon) and “stay don’t stray” are my primers, the latter was just purchased.  All my shadows are within 6 months purchased so I even switched from them (Pat McGrath, Laura Geller and another good brand from my fabfitfun box) to liquid shadows (again, Pat McGrath) thinking it was the powders that did that, but that’s still happening.  I’ve always used a brush to blend :(
    i had to stop using colorpop because the immediate fallout was bad.  I went and bought urban decay, haus labs and other good brands and nope.  
    Edit; are those hooded lid things thin clear tape? I think I tried those before and they’re very uncomfortable. But maybe I should try those tear trough guards just incase there is fallout I’m not seeing while I apply and it just gets worse throughout the day?

• Options
    @CharmedPam, how do you like the FabFitFun boxes?  I signed up to be on their e-mail list a long time ago, but have never signed up.  But then they occasionally tempt me with what look like good deals and a few things I want.  However, I also don't really wear make-up or use much in the way of skincare products and I assume that is most of what the boxes will have.  The main thing that has held me back. 

@banana468, good luck at the appointment with Chiquita!  I hope they can give you all some answers and good tools to use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam are you knocking off the excess with taps before you apply? Also agree with advice to add gentle pressing before you blend. Sometimes I still get fall out but that’s immediately after I do the eyes. If I take a soft fluffy brush and lightly dust it away it usually takes care of it. Then I finish everything with a setting spray. 

Any change in the texture or has your skin been more dry recently? That can be an issue too. 

Wish me luck everyone. We rolled out our new EHR and it has been a mess. They pulled me from my department and I’m fully in UC today with the saltiest of the doctors so I’m hoping his salt stays mildly seasoned today. He sent a very long, very angry email on Monday and was yelling around the clinic so I’m just hoping it’s not as bad today. 

Otherwise SSDD. H is stressing out about everything and it’s exhausting. Trying to mull over some potentially drastic life changes on my end to help make his life easier. 

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited March 2023
    In general, I love the fitfabfun boxes.  Some seasons are better than the others, but I always get my money’s worth.  I also prepay the year so I get to choose 6 of the 7 items. That helps! I don’t really do the make up or skincare with them either because I have more than enough,
    but they also do housewares and stuff. I got some neat porcelain fruit trays that make fruit last longer in my last box. They have clothing too.

• Options
    Thanks @short+sassy!  I am looking forward so some level of closure.  We've also started with a child therapist for her as well and she's had two appointments to date.  I'm very hopeful that will help her on the emotional track.  Right now she's struggling with what I'll call - Trumpy behavior in that she's deflecting blame for a lot of her outbursts.  There's an impulsivity that I'm hoping that she will be taming. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    We have the big ADHD follow up appointment for Chiquita this afternoon.  Her teachers supplied their evaluations and we sent in ours and I'm taking her later today.  I'm interested to see what the next steps may be. 

I hope it went well today! 
  • Options
    So busy at work. Even more snow. 

BUT I’m running a my first race of 2023 tomorrow and I’m excited to finally run outside and not on my treadmill. It will be snowy and below freezing but still I’ll be racing! 
  • Options
    So busy at work. Even more snow. 

BUT I’m running a my first race of 2023 tomorrow and I’m excited to finally run outside and not on my treadmill. It will be snowy and below freezing but still I’ll be racing! 
    That’s 100% not the attitude I’d have on that. Lol.