Wedding Woes

Sleepy Monday

Ugghh Daylight savings.  I will say that at least spring ahead doesn't take my kids as long to adjust to, or me.  My weekend was packed - mostly good things, highlight being a great Broadway play - but I'm extra tired today.  Wishing everyone a good week!

Re: Sleepy Monday

• Ugh.  I know I'm going to drag tonight.  I stayed up until the end of the Oscars with DH.

Friday afternoon Chiquita had her evaluation for ADHD/anxiety.  She has both but the anxiety is likely what exacerbates the ADHD and the ADHD is not leading to comprehension/grade issues but my major concern is that without getting it documented and with a 504 plan in place, it's going to set up her up for more issues when she's in HS and gets more work.  She has therapy later this week and that's what's been stressed - no medication at this time for the ADHD or for anxiety and I'm glad that her pedi didn't grab her pad to start medicating her. 

Fri night we went to the fish fry and came home in what I thought was in a good state but after she went to the bathroom she came out holding a thermometer showing me a low fever of 100.4.  She'd previously complained of a sore throat and I tested her Wed but that night I tested her again and those two lines showing she was Covid pos were so fast.  So she's been isolating as much as she could while singing show tunes and sounding like Scuttle from The Little Mermaid - Intentionally.

Sunday I cleaned our old fridge and it was gross.  I told DH that he should either donate it or sell it for at least my hourly rate of 2 hours because that sucker took a long time. 
  • @ei34, what play did you see?

I did not handle Daylight Savings well either.  I got up too late on Sunday morning and couldn't get to sleep until almost 3am last night.  A bit less than 4 hours of sleep and I am dragging today.

But it was a nice and relaxing weekend.

Major PITA at work.  One of the programs I use is "not available yet" on our new system.  I can access it from my "local" machine, but the new system is "remotely on the cloud".  It's a conundrum where I use the program closely and in conjunction with one of my databases.  I can no longer access the database from my "local" machine only on the cloud.  I can access the database from the cloud, but then I can't access the program from there.  Argh!  At least work is slow because it is going to take me exponentially more time, to keep going back and forth.

They replaced our refrigerators in the break room over the weekend.  But replaced them with used refrigerators that were just as old and beat up as the previous ones.  So weird!  I'm curious what the story is on that.

We have our move-in inspection today for our soon-to-be new tenant.  Fingers crossed!  My H is going there early to get the hot water heater up and running, lol.  We leave all that stuff turned off for vacant properties.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 apparently the ADHD/anxiety mix is becoming more known.
    A lot of dr's are treating the worse issue.

For example, I have anxiety but I'd likely be diagnosed with ADHD - they'd treat the anxiety because like Chiquita, my issues get worse when my anxiety is bad.
    M is ADHD diagnosed but his ADHD is worse than anxiety - so his would be treated as anxiety.

It's pretty neat. I learned this a few years ago because my coworker had her daughter tested and they explained this to my coworker and her husband.
  • In shocking news *sarcasm*, my children were sick again last week. Somehow H and I managed to escape the 3 days long stomach bug, but are exhausted from being up around the clock doing laundry and comforting toddlers. My parents visited for the weekend and it was SO nice to have some help and a little time to relax after the worst of it was over. 

Back at school today and both kiddos slept much "later" than normal and then hardly ate anything. H was kind of a dick this morning trying to rush everybody out the door - dude was up early, he could have prepped breakfast, loaded the car, etc but nope, apparently just yelling at everyone for not going fast enough in the last 10 minutes is better. I'm very irritated. 

Hope everyone had decent weekends, i'm excited to catch up on the rest of last week. 
  • Yeah - I think they're so correlated and there's a history of anxiety with DH and his mom so it is not surprising that Chiquita has it and she's VERY much like my BIL who likely has it too.  

Her major issues needing a 504 plan are likely with organization and preparedness.  I'm grateful that she's also started to wise up get get work mostly done on time. 
  • Weekend was good.
    Saturday I did yoga class and grocery pick up. Otherwise not a whole lot.
    BK & I did take a nap, and although I regret her napping we all just kinda needed it.

Sunday was time change and I hate it.
    I'm just not a person who can ever handle it and I'm still dragging.

M went to the gym and BK & I cleaned. She's getting really helpful with sweeping. I moved the chair and she swept under the table. I was vacuuming and picking up big toys and then I'd just come vacuum her pile when she's done.
    I also went through a bunch of tupperware and lids. After the break I'll ask her teacher if they need any spare bins as otherwise we'll be recycling them.

I did get some of BK's craft area cleaned, and after she went to IL's I cleared out a bunch of the drawings etc.
    I'll be doing more later but I can't do it around her. I am keeping some stuff, but she'll wanna keep it all and I'm not about that life lol

BK is home Tuesday & Wednesday, then goes to my mum's Thursday night.
    I'm off Friday so we're planning some stuff. 

Also my mum is 62 today :D 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @short+sassy Kimberly Akimbo ...I left a little sad but I'd still recommend it, I both laughed out loud and cried a couple times
    @banana468 a 504 seems like a great place to start.  At the initial meeting with the school team bring up your biggest concerns as far as school work.  It could be scaled back homework (maybe two math problems instead of 10, I know you've mentioned some hw battles), less distracting testing accommodations, etc.  The director of PPS will have recommendations too of course.  You're doing all the right things, I hope that chiquita starts to feel more herself
    @Casadena ughh I'm sorry, you guys can't buy a break
  • banana468 said:
    Yeah - I think they're so correlated and there's a history of anxiety with DH and his mom so it is not surprising that Chiquita has it and she's VERY much like my BIL who likely has it too.  

Her major issues needing a 504 plan are likely with organization and preparedness.  I'm grateful that she's also started to wise up get get work mostly done on time. 
    It is great they will do a 504 plan now. When my sons were diagnosed, the condition had to be affecting their grades. It wasn't because we were working so hard at home to help them. So I guess I was suppose to let them fail before they could have a 504 plan.
  • I got home from Florida Friday evening. The week was good but probably a little too long of a trip. Our hostesses was extremely gracious (she has a great house and can easily sleep 12). We had fun laughing and eating and just being together. Back to the cold Indiana weather. Yuck!

• It’s a wild day to work for a bank. 
    Was SVB even a very large bank?  I'd never heard of them until the FDIC shut them down.

Or is all the hullabaloo because other banks are in jeopardy of something similar happening to them?

What effects might all of this have on our economy, at large?  To put a bit bluntly, is this something I should care about?

I had an account at a bank (First NBC) a few years ago that was going to get closed by the FDIC.  But Hancock-Whitney bought them out.  However, that was First NBC who had a few too many very large loans that had gone bad.  As opposed to market forces causing over-leveraging.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger happy birthday to mum!
    i googled 504 plan but it wasn’t very descriptive.  What exactly is that?

Weekend was SO boring.  I even broke down and cleaned my place.  And no one came over.  The only time I break down and clean the place 

• I am definitely dragging, but it was all worth it.  

The drive up was fun because it was basically 3 theatre kids in the van and then my friend B.  So we had the Hedwig soundtrack playing and all of us singing along.  Then just random show tunes and talking each other's faces off.  Got to my friend A's house and my BFF Tony was already there.  I always just feel so much better after I see him, it makes my heart just feel lighter.  So then we all talked each other's faces off until time to see the show.

The show was just perfect, amazing, and exactly what I needed.  I started crying at Origins of Love and didn't really stop.  When Midnight Radio came through, I was a hot damn mess and was just so happy.  Honestly, it was probably the best version of the show I've seen.  The setting was perfect, the lighting and setting designs were phenomenal, and my friend J was just incredible at guiding the show.  I actually had the thought, I really feel like I'm sitting in a bar seeing a live band, not a musical.  His monologues were just so damn funny too.

Back to A's house and more chatting,  We were home fairly early on Sunday.  My mom wanted me to come over to talk about something.  I was so bloody tired, I made myself go before I even sat down.  I think we discussed something; between staying up so late and the time change, I felt like my brain was melting down.  Came back home and crashed.

I had to do an asthma treatment this morning and it took so.long. for my vapor machine to start working.  I think it's time for a new one, this one is probably 5+ years old.  So I was late to work, but I'm here now.
  • edited March 2023
    Had a fun weekend! It snowed Friday night - just about 5" but melted quickly thankfully. We all went out bowling Saturday. Then hit the mall after that. E had friends over that night and we just cooked dinner and hung out. 
    Yesterday was a nice lazy day. Cleaned and did laundry. I watched all of Sex Life (season 2 is good!) and then we watched the finale of The Last of Us. 

We're possibly getting a storm tonight into tomorrow, and the storm warning literally says 4" to a foot possible. So guess I'll have to wait and see for tomorrow. 
    Was SVB even a very large bank?  I'd never heard of them until the FDIC shut them down.

Or is all the hullabaloo because other banks are in jeopardy of something similar happening to them?

What effects might all of this have on our economy, at large?  To put a bit bluntly, is this something I should care about?

I had an account at a bank (First NBC) a few years ago that was going to get closed by the FDIC.  But Hancock-Whitney bought them out.  However, that was First NBC who had a few too many very large loans that had gone bad.  As opposed to market forces causing over-leveraging.
    You should pay attention but you should also be okay. 

SVB was a top-20 bank in terms of deposit size so this wasn’t a small bank to fail. But they failed largely because their deposit mix was concentrate in tech startups (which many of which talked to each other as this was happening), SVB took out long term securities to fund those deposits and when depositors called in their deposits the bank had to take a huge loss on those securities because they were worth a lot less now than when they purchased them. So it’s a perfect storm of depositor fear, high interest rates, and long term securities being worth less on the open market.

That said- there’s a possibility of local contagion (we’re seeing that with First Republic, Western Alliance) or banks with similar deposit portfolios (tech startups, also some banks with crypto deposits) if those depositors are also all looking to pull out. We’re seeing bank stocks fall today, and a few be halted; but unless you’re a stock holder you should be okay. 

• This is a very Monday-Monday.  I had a new person start on my team and I got to work later than I intended.  When I got to work, I was locked out of my office.  I had to go to security to get a new badge and then had to go back when the new badge didn't freaking work because they coded the wrong doors.  It put me behind another 20 min.  The person I had lined up to train my new person had a bunch of stuff on his plate, so they got a late start.  The top I wore is cute, but I wore the wrong bra with it because my bra is trying to play peek-a-boo all day. Plus, I have a cami on underneath my blouse and the left strap of my cami busted in the middle of a meeting.  Nothing earth-shattering, but super annoying. 

I didn't sleep for crap last night since I was trying to go to bed a full hour+ before I normally go to bed.  DH and I both tossed and turned all night.  

But overall, the weekend was good.  Friday was low-key, therapy and nail appt, and then some shopping.  Saturday, DH took DefConn to the Motocross race downtown.  They had excellent seats and DefConn got to meet his fave rider and get a pic with him.  I went to an education foundation gala with L because M was DJing and she needed a 'date'.  We had dinner, drinks, played some blackjack and then headed back to my house to hang out some more. All the guys met us there and we were up laaattteee.  We went to breakfast yesterday and then I laid on the couch the rest of the day. 

We watched the first ep of the new season of Top Chef.  We also watched the Last of Us finale.  It was...a lot.  I watched a little bit of the Oscars. I cried at Ke Huy Quan's win.  He was so, so happy and his speech was just so emotional and sweet. 

You should pay attention but you should also be okay. 

SVB was a top-20 bank in terms of deposit size so this wasn’t a small bank to fail. But they failed largely because their deposit mix was concentrate in tech startups (which many of which talked to each other as this was happening), SVB took out long term securities to fund those deposits and when depositors called in their deposits the bank had to take a huge loss on those securities because they were worth a lot less now than when they purchased them. So it’s a perfect storm of depositor fear, high interest rates, and long term securities being worth less on the open market.

That said- there’s a possibility of local contagion (we’re seeing that with First Republic, Western Alliance) or banks with similar deposit portfolios (tech startups, also some banks with crypto deposits) if those depositors are also all looking to pull out. We’re seeing bank stocks fall today, and a few be halted; but unless you’re a stock holder you should be okay. 

Thanks for the explanation!  I read up on why they failed and that was interesting.  It was one of those things where I could understand it was major news but, at the same time, it seemed like it was being blown into way bigger proportions than it warranted.  

I also saw about all the banks had their stocks tumble hard.  Even the really huge ones, like BofA and Capital One, who don't seem to be in any risk of failure.

Which made me question if I was missing something of more importance, lol.

I'm not a stockholder for any bank specifically.  Though there are probably some of those stocks in my mutual funds.  But that's the charm of mutual funds.  They spread risk out a good bit.

It's rare for something like this to happen.  But it makes me appreciate the wisdom of many types of bank accounts being FDIC-insured.  If not, there would be substantially more panic that could collapse the whole banking industry.  And they stepped in quickly!  I think there is already a process in place for people to get their funds back.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 I gotta say, I was let down by The Last of Us finale for more than one reason...
  • Who could have foreseen that gutting Dodd-Frank in 2018 would have consequences like this? I do like that all of the finance bros and start-ups/crypto bros who basically lobbied to have the regulations eased and who loooved the new EGRRCPA are now like “why aren’t there regulations preventing this? How could this possibly happen?!” 

What a mess. 

@mrsconn23  and @climbingsingle  I’ll be honest, we were disappointed with TLOU finale too. 

Had the parents over on Saturday for a belated birthday dinner. It went pretty well overall. Then H and I had a little too much fun the rest of the night and between going to bed at the time we did, plus the time change, I was dead all day Sunday. Recovering and have to take care of some things today.

Work has been…. A lot, with the changes. I switched offices three times on Friday which was just annoying. I’m trying to create a new registration sheet for our department because for some reason besides the legal papers, our facility doesn’t have any standard forms for when you check into an appointment (health history, review of systems, family history, etc). And asking all of those questions verbally takes way too long. I’m making it how I want it, but I’m wondering if I’ll get push back (either from patient complaints/reviews) or from management because I’m making it very inclusive and I can see that ruffling feathers from our conservative patients. 

• @mrsconn23 I gotta say, I was let down by The Last of Us finale for more than one reason...
    Yeah, it was a little frustrating.  I am curious how they are going to deal with the fallout and if it will be soon or sometime in the farther off future. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23 I gotta say, I was let down by The Last of Us finale for more than one reason...
    Yeah, it was a little frustrating.  I am curious how they are going to deal with the fallout and if it will be soon or sometime in the farther off future. 
    It's apparently very true to game and I could spoil it, but I won't unless requested ;)