Wedding Woes

Tuesday

We have people in the office, and I was planning on coming into the office, but then I noticed a cough starting and I didn’t want to be that jerk. Trust me, I work with some jerks that think they’re soooooo important and come in sick. It’s really only bad when I’m laying down, sitting up is waaay better, but it’s a wfh day anyway.  I’ll run out for some meds soon.  But naturally I’m at home just watching reels right now.
This is truly the best story I heard in a long time! Lmao. 

Re: Tuesday

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Freezing rain-turned-snow here, it’s very raw.

It’s spirit week at my school (yesterday was pajama day and it was amazing), today is decades day and I always giggle when I see the number of students rocking juicy velour suits. I don’t really think of the early 00s as the past, but is for kids who were born after the style.  (I did wear 70s clothes in the 90s to be fair.) The velour suits were very popular by me and I still have a few, I obviously don’t fit in them but maybe my kids will want them for their own decade days in HS, lol.
  • Fun @ei34. I was SO not fashionable in the 90’s, 00’s and let’s be honest- now.  I had to google and was like yeeeeeah! I remember those.  I never wore them but cool people did!

• ei34ei34 member
    I’m not fashionable either. They were basically sweatsuits so it was something I could get on board with 😅

I’m repping the 90s today, in a way the kids understand ( a Friends tshirt with that “they don’t know that we know they know we know” quote), but I’m also rocking the top-knot hairstyle.  A kid last period dared question them and I had to explain that it was how I wore my hair many days from 96-99 lol 
  • @ei34, oof!  I hear ya.  When I think of decades clothing, I think of 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s.  Those decades had really strong "looks".  When I think of more recent decades, they don't.  Kind of the 90s.  That had the grunge look, but no other ones come to mind.  There are clothing trends, sure.  But there is no picture in my mind of '00s or '10s clothing looks, like there are for older decades.

Going further back in time, I have a picture of that flapper style '20s clothing.  But nothing comes to mind for the '30s.  For the '40s, I have a strong picture of hair-dos.  But not as much clothing.

Yay! I (finally) got my check in the mail to reimburse me back for insurance paid on one of the duplexes I sold.  My mortgager had paid for a full year in Dec. 2022.  And I closed on that property about 6 weeks later.  Phew, that was a lot of prepaid insurance I got back.

I've always hated the escrow system.  It's banks treating loan customers like they're children and, on top of that, they sometimes do a terrible job of handling it.  But now that I have been through the sales process, it's even more hateful.  If I had just been able to pay for insurance and property taxes myself to begin with, I wouldn't be having to wait weeks and (probably) months to get reimbursed back for overpayments on all of this.  I'm still waiting on the double payment done for property taxes.  I'm also still waiting on my second check for overpaid insurance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34 said:
    I’m not fashionable either. They were basically sweatsuits so it was something I could get on board with 😅

I’m repping the 90s today, in a way the kids understand ( a Friends tshirt with that “they don’t know that we know they know we know” quote), but I’m also rocking the top-knot hairstyle.  A kid last period dared question them and I had to explain that it was how I wore my hair many days from 96-99 lol 
    I was on Reddit the other day and a 27-year-old didn't get the "We were on a break!" Friends reference (sigh).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 90's style would be grabbing a flannel, unbuttoning it and pairing it with a band t shirt and ideally Doc Martens. 

Chiquito had a 100.2 degree fever last night and is home today.  Thus far he's just chilling and giving my mom a Roblox tutorial on his tablet today.  She eats this stuff up.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I remain OK.  If I do, I'm going to sing the praises of the latest booster to anyone who will listen. 

• I woke up this morning with some of the same tummy stuff the boys just got over. I went to bed last night before 9 and it was glorious. H fell asleep during G's bedtime so came in around then too. We chatted and it was nice to just snuggle and talk in the dark. G actually slept all night and the morning went much better than yesterday.     

Hoping to get in the groove of work after some meetings this morning. 
  • Very happily WFH today. We have about 6" of snow and very high winds. Not looking forward to going out shoveling later though. 

The thought of kids wearing velour track suits from the early 00s truly cracks me up. 
  • I have truly thought that it was Wednesday all day and now I’m sad because it’s only Tuesday. 

We have a little snow but nothing bad. I’m grateful because I’m so over. I love winter but I’m so tired of the cold and the wind. 
  • All the talk of snow is reminding me of a cute story from this morning.  We have been super lucky down here to have had fabulous weather for the last few weeks.  But it turned back to chilly yesterday and today.

Our dog Izzy usually sleeps at the end of the bed, on my side.  When I woke up this morning, she was in the middle of the bed snuggled up against my leg for warmth.

Our cat will only sit on our laps for 1-2 minutes at a time.  But she is a lot more snuggly in cold weather, lol.  On Sun. night, she sat on my lap for 20 minutes.

It's always funny to me how their behaviors will change slightly, depending on the weather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was 18° this morning and it basically turned me into a grump all day today (my period being a week off isn't helping).  Plus, I'm having to do work on the fly that I'm pretty pissed about having to do.  I made an assumption that was not a crazy assumption to make and it was still wrong.  I'm so tired of having to fix cases, I seriously look forward to the day when I have my own little case load of cases that I've had since the beginning, so I know they're done correctly.

I've also ordered Qdoba b/c I'm hungry and grumpy.  Otherwise, SSDD.
  • VarunaTT said:
    It was 18° this morning and it basically turned me into a grump all day today (my period being a week off isn't helping).  Plus, I'm having to do work on the fly that I'm pretty pissed about having to do.  I made an assumption that was not a crazy assumption to make and it was still wrong.  I'm so tired of having to fix cases, I seriously look forward to the day when I have my own little case load of cases that I've had since the beginning, so I know they're done correctly.

I love Qdoba - hope it cheers you up a little 
  • Casadena said:
    VarunaTT said:
    It was 18° this morning and it basically turned me into a grump all day today (my period being a week off isn't helping).  Plus, I'm having to do work on the fly that I'm pretty pissed about having to do.  I made an assumption that was not a crazy assumption to make and it was still wrong.  I'm so tired of having to fix cases, I seriously look forward to the day when I have my own little case load of cases that I've had since the beginning, so I know they're done correctly.

I love Qdoba - hope it cheers you up a little 
    I've never been to a Qdoba.  They aren't around where I live, but I've seen them on vacations to other places.

They look like a Chipolte.  Is that accurate?  If so, how do they compare?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited March 2023
    There’s no Qdoba near me, I think? But they have
    some in southern IL.  Like a Chipotle but I think just way better topping options. 
    Edit; I googled and there’s one 6.5 miles from me.  Oops.  They also have cilantro lime rice and now I want some!

• I prefer Qdoba over Chipotle, but I have no real explanation for why.  :D  They are basically the same thing.  There's some sort of cultish snobbery about Chipotle fans that I dislike, I think and Qdoba is just like...we're fast food burritos made 502 different ways, that's it.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I prefer Qdoba over Chipotle, but I have no real explanation for why.  :D  They are basically the same thing.  There's some sort of cultish snobbery about Chipotle fans that I dislike, I think and Qdoba is just like...we're fast food burritos made 502 different ways, that's it.
    I am a huge fan of this concept.

We have Chipolte, Moe's, and a couple local chains.  My go-to meat option is carne asada.  Unfortunately, the one at Moe's is terrible, even though they have the better pricing.

Chipolte exists where I'm moving.  Qdoba does not in nearby areas, but they are throughout other parts of FL.  So I suspect I'll finally get to try them sometime in the next year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wet snow-rain mix today.
    But it's above freezing ... so there's that.

My friend's bunny is molting so we have 2 weeks until temps jump {based on past years of her bunny molt vs temps}

BK is home with M - they already played some Stardew Valley. Lol which M already knew would happen.

Yesterday was my mum's bday, so I called and then we facetimed later to sing happy birthday.
    M & I royally fucked out budgets up. We rarely have times of "shit we have no money left until payday" but this time we did.
    M thinks mine did because I'm still adjusting to the 2x month pay, vs my bi-weekly pay. Which yeh that's probably part of it, but other things came up we didn't expect.
    It's just been a mess and I'm glad I get paid tomorrow.

BK sleeps at my mum's place Thursday night and I'm picking them both up to go swimming at the wave pool.
    It'll be interesting because BK has never been to an indoor pool in general
  • Oh @short+sassy, maybe i am confusing Qdoba and Moe’s now that you brought that up.  One has better choices. I like chipotle because if you add “extra” on all your items in a bowl, you’re picking up 20 pounds of food enough for 3 days.  You get attitude when you pick it up, but you also get the ‘tude when you ask for “double” in person.  Short of it is, those workers hand out the ingredients like the extra’s are all coming out of their paychecks.

@MissKittyDanger, sorry about that mishap.  I had the same thing happen to me but my old company was one MONTHLY (15th).  It was a small family owned business and it saved them on payroll.  So then I went to a temp agency and it was once weekly… to where I am now, bi-weekly.  Love the bi-weekly schedule, I must say.

• Oh @short+sassy, maybe i am confusing Qdoba and Moe’s now that you brought that up.  One has better choices. I like chipotle because if you add “extra” on all your items in a bowl, you’re picking up 20 pounds of food enough for 3 days.  You get attitude when you pick it up, but you also get the ‘tude when you ask for “double” in person.  Short of it is, those workers hand out the ingredients like the extra’s are all coming out of their paychecks.

@MissKittyDanger, sorry about that mishap.  I had the same thing happen to me but my old company was one MONTHLY (15th).  It was a small family owned business and it saved them on payroll.  So then I went to a temp agency and it was once weekly… to where I am now, bi-weekly.  Love the bi-weekly schedule, I must say.
    My work's payroll is super weird.

Our paydays are on the 2nd and the 17th.  Already super odd dates.  But, unlike most places, if payday falls on a non-business day...it's paid on the NEXT business day.  Not the previous one.

I think "every other Friday" paydays are nice.  Because then there are two months out of the year where you get three paydays.  I realize the math works out that it is a bit less money for each paycheck.    But when I had jobs like that before, I'd be used to and have my budget adjusted to two paychecks in a month anyway.  So then the third one 2x/year was suddenly extra money to get ahead on debt or add to savings.

I made a major blunder this month on the Excel "check register" I use for one of my business accounts.  I have a mortgage auto-debit that comes out on the 5th.  Usually I write it in on the first, so I don't forget about it.  I somehow didn't do that this month.  But then assumed my balance already reflected it, because that's what I always do.  Fortunately, I had enough cushion to cover it.  But I had a couple minutes of panic as I tried to figure out why money was missing out of that account.

@MissKittyDanger, glad payday is tomorrow and you all can breathe again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  We get paid monthly and that was a real rough transition for me! I was so used to twice a month. 
  • @CharmedPam I would literally scream if it was once a month!

@short+sassy saaammmee

@Casadena how sweet <3 
  • @MissKittyDanger, I was just checking out an article that listed all kinds of vintage toys that are now worth money.

Original Lego Millenium Falcon are supposedly going for up to $25K.  I assume M's is probably not an original.  But if it iiissss...I'm just sayin!

It was harsh to see all the things I used to own and (probably) no longer have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy it is not lol
    But I have a lot on that list somewhere but at the same time I don't think they're worth anything because WELL LOVED TOYS