Wedding Woes

Wednesday

My H and I went on a marathon grocery shopping trip last night. Both Costco and Winn Dixie.  We'd let ourselves get much lower on things than usual...no milk, bread, or cheese!...so it's nice to have the fridge and freezer stocked again.  But it was a tiring night.

Free food Wednesday! $40 credit to use at Harrah's new food hall.  I am loving Wednesdays this month, lol.

Last week, I tried Bobby Flay's place there.  My expectations were probably too high.  But yeah, unfortunately, I was not impressed.  The hamburger meat wasn't seasoned enough and, even though it was a $14 burger, did not come with lettuce and tomatoes.  They don't carry onions at all.  It did have "Bobby's sauce", which is a red pepper/mayo sauce.  That was great.  I also had a side of onion rings with ranch dressing.  The onion rings were huge and the batter had good seasoning.  The ranch dressing was awesome.  I also got a fried chicken sandwich.  Good, but not great, just like the hamburger.  It was too heavily breaded.  There was a sauce that I couldn't taste at all and coleslaw.  Nothing else, ie also no lettuce and tomatoes.

Conclusion:  great sauces, okay tasting food.  Very expensive for what it is and I wouldn't pay my money to eat there.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• @short+sassy grocery shopping is so exhausting, I like doing pick up for this reason. When it's nice out, I'll go back to in person shopping a bit but in horrible weather I have zero desire to drag my coat around then push a cart through shit weather - on top of having to pack my own groceries and panicking because I'm clearly taking up the next person's time ...
  • @short+sassy grocery shopping is so exhausting, I like doing pick up for this reason. When it's nice out, I'll go back to in person shopping a bit but in horrible weather I have zero desire to drag my coat around then push a cart through shit weather - on top of having to pack my own groceries and panicking because I'm clearly taking up the next person's time ...
    Not many places offer that where I live.  Costco definitely doesn't.  I think Winn Dixie very recently added that option.  I should look into it.  

Walmart does, but not for all their stores.  The one closest to my house didn't have a pick-up option for the longest time, but I think they recently added it.  Sam's Club does, but it was problematic and I haven't had a membership there in a couple years anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    While I love discovering new foods, I loathe the actual grocery shopping part. I do pickup too.  Actually, homechef covers a lot of my foods.

I caved and bought the new angel elixer. I sampled it last weekend, liked it, but it really was a mix of angel and alien, so decided not to get it.  But they’re running a promo with free gifts and that’s what got me.  A free deck of cards.  Lmao.  It’s not the cards, it’s the Mugler pouch I want. Probably could have found it online for $20 somewhere.  Sometimes I wonder about myself…

back to work with a sore throat now only, but also with cramps from a surprise period. I don’t want either.

• Walmart does, but not for all their stores.  The one closest to my house didn't have a pick-up option for the longest time, but I think they recently added it.  Sam's Club does, but it was problematic and I haven't had a membership there in a couple years anyway.
    Walmart picks the worst produce for me. And I swear pulls the stuff about to expire first.

• ei34ei34 member
    Feel better @CharmedPam
    I actually love grocery shopping (always have), but have incorporated some curbside pickup in, to try and keep costs down somewhat. I’ve always been good with meal planning/grocery lists but once I’m in the actual store (especially now that the kids are always with me) the extras find their way into the cart.

Freezing but finally sunny, the Nor’easter is gone (along with my green recycling bin, it blew away last night 😝) but otherwise we were spared. Hope anyone else with intense weather is okay!
  • ei34ei34 member
    Walmart does, but not for all their stores.  The one closest to my house didn't have a pick-up option for the longest time, but I think they recently added it.  Sam's Club does, but it was problematic and I haven't had a membership there in a couple years anyway.
    Walmart picks the worst produce for me. And I swear pulls the stuff about to expire first.
    I haven’t yet been able to do my full weekly grocery shop using curbside pickup.  I like curbside for target runs, which do always involve groceries, but often the pantry stuff. (The good&gather brand has better prices than my go-to grocery store for things like pasta, salad dressing, etc).  If I’m getting pretzels for the kids’ lunch boxes I don’t care if they expire in April or may, they’ll be gone in a week anyway. But for meat or produce like you mentioned, yeah, unless it’s March-May 2020 I’m picking my own.
  • ei34 said:
    Feel better @CharmedPam
    I actually love grocery shopping (always have), but have incorporated some curbside pickup in, to try and keep costs down somewhat. I’ve always been good with meal planning/grocery lists but once I’m in the actual store (especially now that the kids are always with me) the extras find their way into the cart.

Freezing but finally sunny, the Nor’easter is gone (along with my green recycling bin, it blew away last night 😝) but otherwise we were spared. Hope anyone else with intense weather is okay!
    Sometimes having other adults along isn't much better.

When I go grocery shopping with my H, I'm often surprised to see a bag of Rolo's (chocolate covered caramel) on the checkout conveyor belt, lol.  I think he purposely sneaks it into the cart to see how long it takes me to notice it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I truly need to find my motivation.  I'm doing more grunt work but I just don't have the motivation to do the things i actually need to be doing (like deadline things).

Also my friend just canceled on going with me on Friday.  I'm trying not to be a brat; they had an emergency and I logically understand; I'm just not going to be able to be gracious just yet, so I'm sitting on myself.

Otherwise, SSDD.  
    Not many places offer that where I live.  Costco definitely doesn't.  I think Winn Dixie very recently added that option.  I should look into it.  

Weird! I shop at walmart mostly but they were first for pick up.
    There's a few stores that don't, and I have to gear myself up for in person shopping lol

Costco I rarely go, but I think I have to start going maybe 2 -3x a year because of BK in school etc.
  • I hope you feel better @charmedpam

woohoo for promotions!!! @mrsconn23 but boo about the Kid’s car. 

Start of my three monster shifts today. Trying a new routine where I get back to my intermittent fasting and also trying to work out after I get off work, although that means I don’t get home until about 11 pm so H and I will never see each other now. But something has got to give. And lord knows I will not wake up at 4:30 to hit the gym before work. 

• I cannot get up early to workout to save my life, @levioosa.  I feel you.  
  • Oh no @MNNEBride.  I'm sorry to hear about DH.  I hope they can figure out what's going on because that sounds awful.  

And you are braver than me.  I *hate* mice.  I can't even look at dead ones in a trap.  Their ability to squeeze into tight spaces and get into things just freaks me out. LOL 
  • @MNNEBride I hope things improve for your H!

It's been a day.  I've been in meeting after meeting and we're keeping Chiquito home again today after he spiked that fever Monday.  

I'm PMSing, feeling a bit overhwhelmed and we're hosting the ILS on Sunday.  I am going to need to have my heart to heart with DH that I am going to need his help and that I'm a stress ball.