Wedding Woes

What? How could Prudie answer this?

Dear Prudence,

My best friend of 35 years is a man (I’m a woman). We are in our mid-50s. We love each other and have for some time. We have just been waiting for the other one to say it. So, finally we have both admitted to one another we’d like to try elevating our relationship to the next level. It’s going beautifully. We enjoy each other so much and are spending our weekends together and have begun a physical relationship. We are happy. Truly are! We want to go to Texas together in the fall to a game, and he has asked me to go with to visit his family. He says he is happy and fond of where his life is going. How does this man feel about us?

— Tired of Being Hurt

Re: What? How could Prudie answer this?

• mrsconn23 said:

Dear Prudence,

My best friend of 35 years is a man (I’m a woman). We are in our mid-50s. We love each other and have for some time. We have just been waiting for the other one to say it. So, finally we have both admitted to one another we’d like to try elevating our relationship to the next level. It’s going beautifully. We enjoy each other so much and are spending our weekends together and have begun a physical relationship. We are happy. Truly are! We want to go to Texas together in the fall to a game, and he has asked me to go with to visit his family. He says he is happy and fond of where his life is going. How does this man feel about us?

— Tired of Being Hurt

Q: How does this man feel about us?

A: He says he is happy and fond of where his life is going.
  • Wait, what? Are you asking Prudie how your boyfriend feels about you? 

I’d say he likes you if he’s asking you to meet his family. 
  • What the actual fuck. 
  • I cannot with this. 

• I'm confused. What exactly is the problem here, and why do you sign it Tired of Being Hurt when your partner wants you to go with him to see his family and appears to be as happy as you are with the relationship? Am I missing something?
  • I think you need to go to therapy, not Texas. 
  • Is LW the person who loves to talk so she can hear herself? Because apparently she likes to write so she can see it.