Wedding Woes

Thirsty Thursday

I'm feeling like this is the week where everyone is sick.  DH just got over Covid, Chiquita tested + for it Friday (more than 2 weeks after DH was diagnosed), Monday Chiquito had a fever and this morning I was cleaning up his sheets from his middle of the night sickness.

Tomorrow needs to be way more Luck of the Irish and way less Murphy's Law. 

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• edited March 2023
    @banana468 Ugh. I hope everyone is better soon! 

I slept like crap Tuesday night. Was basically a zombie all day yesterday. Went to bed at 8:30 last night and still feel like I could sleep another 3 hours. Blah. 

I was on the phone with my parents this morning and my mom asked if I was "celebrating" tomorrow..lol. If by celebrating you mean watching TV on the couch after work and then going to bed early, sure!
  • Ugh @banana468 I feel you guys, hope everyone is better soon. 

G was puking again last night. He's supposed to go on his first field trip tomorrow (on school bus!!!! - this is very exciting) so i'm hoping he feels better. Seemed totally good this morning, so we'll see. 

I'm excited for prudie today. 
  • It's been a busy few days and a lot happening at home - hurry up and wait kinda stuff.

So we're getting new floors in our spare room - I believe I mentioned this before? - and that's likely happening next week. I've been pulling out the bins of stuff I packed up {aka books} and I'll be buying Penny a new litter box this week so she can stop dumping litter on the floor.

Also I've made a deal with my mum - she's lending me money since my loan is almost paid, and that way I'll pay her back but I can also start doing stuff in my house. She said since she doesn't charge interest, it'll be less like feeling I have to aggressively pay it off.
    BK is at my mum's tonight, so I'll probably move stuff around so we could get the cabinet for the kitchen soon {we have to paint kitchen first too}

I actually think my paint leaked, so I have to look into that. I'm not sure how much we'd have left, but I like the colour so I may use what's left and repurchase anyways.
  • @banana468 urg I hate when any illness runs through the house. It feels almost worse when it's more than one type :\  fx for luck of the irish!

@climbingsingle That's been me lately. Tired and wanna fall asleep, takes forever to sleep.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    Sending all the health (and luck) @banana468

My accountant let me know yesterday evening that I’ll receive a refund this year. Finally. Stbxh’s tomfoolery cost us the last couple years.  Makes me annoyed at myself that I wasn’t smart enough to file married filing separately this whole time.  (That’s what we did this year, since we’re still technically married). But happy for that news.  

Edit- @ca@Casadena hope G was able to take the trip! That first school bus ride is half the fun of the trip 
  • Ooof, healthy vibes all around!

I'm working a half day today and then going to get a mani/pedi for my shoot tomorrow.

Small vent and I know I'm being an asshole; I'm seriously disappointed and just trying to give myself grace about that, while logically knowing it's an appropriate choice for my friend and I cannot be mad at them for taking care of themselves.  I asked my friend, N, months ago to go with me to this shoot for moral support.  They said yes.  They messaged me yesterday.  They've were sick Monday and Tuesday and rebooked all of their appointments (they're a hairdresser) to Friday because "that's the only day I had open".  Well yeah, you have it open because you said you would do this thing for me, months ago.  It's just really disappointing and not many people can get off of work with a one day notice, so I'll be by myself.  It'll be okay, I'm just nervous.  Plus they were supposed to fit my corsets, but I've got that part covered now too.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'll be in work on Saturday to meet clients and to work on this massive project I have that will be a long a$$ work in progress (20K pages to organize).
  • Hope everyone (& family) is feeling better soon.

@Casadena, I hope the field trip is still on for G!

@VarunaTT - so sorry your friend disappointed you.  It's hard, even if it's for a good reason.

• @banana468, I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

@Casadena, I hope G is able to go on his field trip.  If I'm remembering correctly you all are somewhere around the Chicago area.  At least for older kids, so many great museums for field trips.  I remember field trips being the BEST when I was a child.  My elementary school was next to a state park that led down to a beach.  There were a lot of beach field trips.  It was glorious, lol.

Reminiscing going down memory lane.  The only class I had in college with field trips was oceanography.  But WOW were they amazing!  We had "behind the scenes" tours at both the Scripps Institute of Oceanography and Sea World.  At Sea World, we watched baby penguins being weighed and also learned about their rehabilitation program for injured sea lions.  We went on a whale watching boat tour.  

I do not miss the ridiculously HCOL in So. CA.  But I sometimes forget what a neat place it was to grow up in.

@VarunaTT, good luck on your shoot tomorrow!  I'm sorry your friend ended up bailing out on you.  But you're going to do great and I know it will be a lot fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468, I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

@Casadena, I hope G is able to go on his field trip.  If I'm remembering correctly you all are somewhere around the Chicago area.  At least for older kids, so many great museums for field trips.  I remember field trips being the BEST when I was a child.  My elementary school was next to a state park that led down to a beach.  There were a lot of beach field trips.  It was glorious, lol.

Reminiscing going down memory lane.  The only class I had in college with field trips was oceanography.  But WOW were they amazing!  We had "behind the scenes" tours at both the Scripps Institute of Oceanography and Sea World.  At Sea World, we watched baby penguins being weighed and also learned about their rehabilitation program for injured sea lions.  We went on a whale watching boat tour.  

I do not miss the ridiculously HCOL in So. CA.  But I sometimes forget what a neat place it was to grow up in.

@VarunaTT, good luck on your shoot tomorrow!  I'm sorry your friend ended up bailing out on you.  But you're going to do great and I know it will be a lot fun.
    That sounds so great to be at the beach for field trips! We are in the chicago area and their field trip is to a nearby nature preserve to help tap maple trees and learn about making maple syrup, plus some outside exploration :) He LOVES maple syrup, obviously, so i'm hoping he has a blast!
  • Boo to sickness, crap sleep, and friends bailing.  

Just had my last meeting of the day, unless a surprise one shows up.  I have to do some online training.  I may turn it on and fold laundry.  LOL  I also need to watch the first episode of Ted Lasso.  

Prudie coming up.  
  • Sending healthy vibes to everyone! 

I’m sorry @VarunaTT. That would make me have a lot of feelings too. They couldn’t have booked their clients for later that evening or something after they were done with the shoot? 

I am tired today. I’m trying a new schedule and I don’t know about it. It’s pretty much what I expected (cue Michael Bluth meme), but I’m so desperate to change something that I’ll give it a few more weeks. I’m so sore today I’m almost tempted to take today off from the gym but I really would like to get six days in this week. Debating actual gym or going home and doing the elliptical. 

Otherwise, SSDD. People are still spicy about the computer system change. There’s certain things that I’m not really pleased about but I have zero control so I’m trying not to get too upset about it. However I am irked that my schedule is almost exclusively new patients and hospital follow ups. You should only get a couple of those a day. That’s alllll my schedule is today and they suck as visits. Ugh. 

• Yay for first field trip!! That’s amazing!! 

Work is very busy. We’re pretty sure our contact or has quit. I’m just trying to keep it all together. 
  • oh no @charlotte989875!! How much of your project do you have to finish?
  • Casadena said:
    oh no @charlotte989875!! How much of your project do you have to finish?
    40% ish? The structural work is all done as are the floors. But none of the built in shelving or trim or window/ door replacements. 
  • Casadena said:
    oh no @charlotte989875!! How much of your project do you have to finish?
    40% ish? The structural work is all done as are the floors. But none of the built in shelving or trim or window/ door replacements. 
    Oh no!  That is a lot. I've been there before, though for a smaller project.  It really sucks.

I know this renovation has been stressful on you all and I hope it works out.  Either with the contractor getting their act together or someone new.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    @Casadena, two weeks ago we did a meetup where we had a tour of a 1980’s farm homestead and a maple tree tapping lesson. Maybe it’s the same one but you’re pretty far North from me.
    We literally sat around and watched water boil. All of us were like “is this it?”.  And the maple syrup that comes from the tree looks like water. Which I never knew! AND my brother taps syrup on his farm too 🤦🏻‍♀️
    (((healing vibes for all)))
    annoying @VarunaTT.  I agree that maybe he could have blocked out your time and fit in appts around it? 

Yesterday was bunco night with a meetup and it was a lot of fun! Anyone ever done it? I won most buncos! $15.  That’s where I was most of the morning, deciding where my massive win was going. What stocks and investments to put into? My savings? Or maybe I’ll blow it at the mall? 

• @Casadena, two weeks ago we did a meetup where we had a tour of a 1980’s farm homestead and a maple tree tapping lesson. Maybe it’s the same one but you’re pretty far North from me.
    We literally sat around and watched water boil. All of us were like “is this it?”.  And the maple syrup that comes from the tree looks like water. Which I never knew! AND my brother taps syrup on his farm too 🤦🏻‍♀️
    (((healing vibes for all)))
    annoying @VarunaTT.  I agree that maybe he could have blocked out your time and fit in appts around it? 

Yesterday was bunco night with a meetup and it was a lot of fun! Anyone ever done it? I won most buncos! $15.  That’s where I was most of the morning, deciding where my massive win was going. What stocks and investments to put into? My savings? Or maybe I’ll blow it at the mall? 
    Thanks! I had no idea about that either, weird! And the place they're going is like North shore burbs area - near the Botanical Garden that way. But i think a lot of their field trip is outdoor exploring and just being outside. It's 3-6 year olds so I imagine if they make them watch water boil they'll have a tiny (but very cute) mutiny on their hands, lol. 
  • Hope everyone gets better soon! 

We are going to Chicago today to see Tina Turner the Musical. A hitch has been thrown in the mix. We are suppose to stay with DD and take puppy along. Last night she texted to say GS1 is sick. They are testing for Covid this morning. If positive, we will need to find a pet friendly hotel because we have no place to take pup here (we have a dog sitter usually but too late for that). Also, we are all planning on going to VA next week so that all grandsons can meet H's 99 year old Dad for the first time. Everyone is excited for him to meet his great-grandsons. It would've happened sooner but Covid. FX that it isn't Covid.

I've been dragging this week and the weather isn't helping.

• Hope everyone gets better soon! 

We are going to Chicago today to see Tina Turner the Musical. A hitch has been thrown in the mix. We are suppose to stay with DD and take puppy along. Last night she texted to say GS1 is sick. They are testing for Covid this morning. If positive, we will need to find a pet friendly hotel because we have no place to take pup here (we have a dog sitter usually but too late for that). Also, we are all planning on going to VA next week so that all grandsons can meet H's 99 year old Dad for the first time. Everyone is excited for him to meet his great-grandsons. It would've happened sooner but Covid. FX that it isn't Covid.

I've been dragging this week and the weather isn't helping.

I hope you enjoy the show!! I saw it here in the fall and it was incredible! Hopefully your little one doesn’t have Covid! 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, sending out good vibes that GS1 doesn't have COVID.  Especially with that important VA trip coming up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GS1 tested negative so we are at DD's this weekend. We really enjoyed the show last night. The woman portraying Tina was very talented but as thin as a rail so didn't really look much like Tina. The story was really sad until it wasn't. Ike was a major jerk - which I knew but didn't realize how much of a jerk. We had a delicious dinner beforehand.