Wedding Woes

St. Patricks Day Friday

Happy St. Patty's day to those who celebrate. 

Re: St. Patricks Day Friday

• Happy St. Patrick's day! We're getting Irish food at lunch today, which I'm assuming will be corned beef sandwiches. Yay for free food! 

Also decided to check my acenstry.com account - apparently they've updated my ethnicity and I'm 28% Irish. 

Very happy to have no plans for the weekend, aside from a call w/ our wedding planner tomorrow. 
  • Costco had a great special on corned beef earlier this week.  It's pre-packaged in 2.5-3 lb. bags with a seasoning packet included.  It was $7.50 off each package, which brought the price down to about $10.  That is our dinner plan tonight!  I can't remember the last time I had corned beef and I'm looking forward to it.

The new system at work obliterated MS Access off my computer since yesterday, smh.  IT is working on a fix.  But, in the meantime, I'm pretty limited on the work I can do.

I need to stop at the bank on my way home.  Maybe the post office.  That's about it for my exciting weekend plans, lol.  But I am looking forward to an afternoon nap.  I had too many nights this week where I didn't get enough sleep and I feel the deficit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy St. Paddy's day.  DH's side is super Irish (our last name couldn't *be* more Irish, LOL).  No idea what is for dinner tonight.  Probably pizza, ha.  

Tomorrow, I'm going to dinner and Les Mis with my sisters. It's going to be cold AF tomorrow.  Sunday, probably not much except DH getting ready for a business trip next week. 

DefConn will be on spring break after school today.  He has 2 weeks off due to our balanced calendar.  
  • @mrsconn23, you just gave me a new idea for a dish.  An Irish Pizza.  The toppings include corned beef, cabbage, onions, and potatoes.  A creamy spicy mustard sauce instead of marinara.

Because almost anything can be turned into pizza!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    That sounds good minus the corned beef @short+sassy lol. Anything really can be turned into a pizza.  
    I didn’t know ancestry did updates! And I didn’t know your ethnicity can change! Lol.  Gotta recheck mine because I wanted to be more Irish than I was told.

Skipped yesterday’s dinner and not heading out to see my bro/SIL. I still have a cough, cold and achey all over but also, 50% of the blah feeling is from having bad cramps. TMI maybe, but I’ve gotten the clearance to skip the sugar pill weeks on my bc pack, and thus should end all menstrual cycles. This ideology is skipped on me because I still get them every 3 months anyway, and they’re horrible still. I’m done with my whacked out body.
    edit; I logged into ancestry and my English heritage bumped down to 26% and Scottish went up to #1 at 27% (I’ll have to find my print out to where it was initially because I can’t remember) but Scotland is practically Ireland!!! Lol
    edit to my edit; found my inital results from 2016.  I was 77% Great Britian back then.  Now, they practically split that into Scottish & British.  Sheesh that’s quite a change!

• I hope everyone has a good Friday!

Work yesterday was absolutely awful and I was spicy. I hope today is better. I am jazzed that it’s the weekend lol. We’re getting part of the house stuccoed today. Otherwise SSDD. 

@CharmedPam I’m trying not to get influenced, but have you tried any of the P Louise products? I’m tempted to try their eye shadow base/primer but I refuse to buy it just because I saw it on Tik Tok lol. 

• Noooo I never heard of her @levioosa.  But just with a google search she apparently has an amazing shadow base! Hmmm.  I am 100% the reason why people make tik toks/reels. Lol.
    i kinda sorta helped my fallout issue.  I started using the “tattoo studio”’as a shadow.  It’s for your brows, but I’m thinking - if it’s made for your brows…. Should stay on the lids too.  It’s helped the fall out throughout the day a bit.

• Noooo I never heard of her @levioosa.  But just with a google search she apparently has an amazing shadow base! Hmmm.  I am 100% the reason why people make tik toks/reels. Lol.
    i kinda sorta helped my fallout issue.  I started using the “tattoo studio”’as a shadow.  It’s for your brows, but I’m thinking - if it’s made for your brows…. Should stay on the lids too.  It’s helped the fall out throughout the day a bit.
    Oh no, I didn’t mean to influence you! 😂 if you try it tell me what you think lol

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Had a hell of a morning (mainly - my kids have a half day of school but I don't, and the childcare I booked, confirmed and paid for back on Feb 9th fell through, but some other stuff too that all had me crying in the bathroom between classes, and now I have a crying headache).  But, it's Friday.  And sunny.

We're Irish and Italian, so St. Patrick's Day and St. Joseph's Day (3/19) are both celebrated...my youngest brother and sister are twins and their birthday is tomorrow, so these 3 days have always been a blur of merriment.  So I do have some fun to look forward to :) wishing everyone happiness this weekend!
  • ei34 said:
    Had a hell of a morning (mainly - my kids have a half day of school but I don't, and the childcare I booked, confirmed and paid for back on Feb 9th fell through, but some other stuff too that all had me crying in the bathroom between classes, and now I have a crying headache).  But, it's Friday.  And sunny.

We're Irish and Italian, so St. Patrick's Day and St. Joseph's Day (3/19) are both celebrated...my youngest brother and sister are twins and their birthday is tomorrow, so these 3 days have always been a blur of merriment.  So I do have some fun to look forward to :) wishing everyone happiness this weekend!
    I hope your day gets better!

There is an Irish-Italian parade on Sunday out here, which celebrates both St. Patrick's Day and St. Joseph's Day.  I'd actually never heard of St. Josephy's Day until I moved here.

Some New Orleans Italian history.  Red beans and rice, traditionally served on Mondays, is a famous Cajun dish.  It originates from the Italian immigrants who were here back in the olden days.  Mondays were wash days and it took most of the day to wash clothes and linens.  But the women still needed to have dinner ready for the family that night.  Red beans and rice was the solution.  It cooks low and slow all day, but doesn't need to be tended to very much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    Happy Friday! I was talking to my teammate in Ireland yesterday and asked what they're doing for St. Paddy's, since they're all off today. Apparently, play golf, without green beer. No celebration for us; we're probably going to get take out and catch up on Top Chef and Ted Lasso from this week. 

Otherwise, I think it's going to be a busy weekend. Lots of errands tomorrow, then a game tomorrow night. Sunday I'm supposed to run a half marathon, which I'm a little worried about after I tripped yesterday and have strawberries and bruises on both knees. Hopefully they won't bother me too much. Then we're supposed to go to my sister's and have a doggy play date if the weather stays nice. 
  • (Not anyone I know, he does sports/comedy on my local news channel)

• (Not anyone I know, he does sports/comedy on my local news channel)

Here’s our city council’s post this week. Same energy.