Wedding Woes

TGIF

Phew, what a week.  This coming weekend is blessedly less busy than my last few have been and I'm ready for it.  Hope everyone else has good things to look forward to!

Re: TGIF

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2023
    @ei34 is starting the Friday posts early!  Haha.

Alas, the tenant living in the other half of our personal duplex is moving out June 15th.  He's been living there for over 5 years.  He's great and it's been such a good run.  But, oh well.  All good things must come to an end.  I'm just really annoyed (in general, not at him) that he's not staying another 6ish months.  It's such bad timing because now we need to find another tenant for a house we are selling in the relatively near future anyway.

That will be some of our weekend.  Getting pictures and putting up a rental ad (sigh).  Supposedly, his cousin and her husband might want to move in.  But he gave us notice about a month ago and hasn't said anything more about it.  Maybe if he knows we are about to put an ad up, that will put an iron under the fire to get that squared away.

We also need to make a Costco and Walmart run today.  The fridge is pretty bare, since we were gone for almost a week.

Edited to add:  One silver lining for him moving out is we will up the rent to market, which will be another $150/month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Busy Friday - working only until i think i can sneak away to clean my house. There's nothing super urgent at work so should be ok. Need to run to Costco at lunch and then prep a little for all the IL's to come over tomorrow for brunch. There will be 10 adults and 3 toddlers and i'm just now remembering I don't have a folding table, so i might be buying one of those too since my dining room only fits 6 *eye roll*. 

G has another birthday party on Sunday at a trampoline park. The birthday girl is turning 6 so i need to get a gift for that too! 

Other than that just working on our bathroom as time permits and decluttering/organizing kid stuff that seems to accumulate at speeds that defy the laws of science.
  • Yay for Friday! At noon, I’m getting my hair extensions put back in and couldn’t be more excited.  When they’re in, I hate the upkeep and grow out and when they’re out - I want them back in.  Lol. 
    Tomorrow is a fun day trip to the next state over with meetup, and those usually last all day.  I’ll be people’d out and ready to rest all day Sunday. I wish theatres had better movie selections.  I want to see Book Club & Are You There God? But I’m not super motivated to take my butt there for those.

sorry a good tenant is leaving :( like you said,waaaait! But again, you can raise the price then @short+sassy

• Yay Friday! I'm also excited for a slower weekend. We've been travelling and overly busy so much the last couple of weeks. I am keeping my sister's dogs this weekend so it will be a little crazy around here, but extra dogs give me a good reason to avoid plans and stay home. I'm just crossing my fingers for nice weather, because extra dogs in the mud is not fun. 

Other than that, I'm hoping to put away the rest of my winter clothes and take some stuff that doesn't fit anymore to donation. I also need to find the screens for my office so that I can work with the windows open next week. Lunch today with the friend who always flakes has not yet been cancelled, so I'm excited about that. 
  • @MNNEBride sending healing vibes for your H. I hope you guys get a diagnosis soon. 

So happy it's Friday. This has been such a long week. Not much planned for this weekend aside from a bridal shower tomorrow for my cousin's daughter. 
  • @MNNEBride, I am so sorry to hear that they still don't have a definite diagnosis for your DH.  You all have so much on your plate, I'm glad your work is being flexible.  Continued good wishes for you all and I hope things get better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Big hugs go out to you and your H, @MNNEBride, this sounds so frustrating even to read and I can’t even imagine what you’re going through.  Come here to vent away

• Quiet day here; I’m taking next week off so I’m finishing up some things and hopefully logging off for good for the week. 

Sunday we’re going to see the Avett Brothers and Monday is our anniversary. M is spending the night at my moms for the first time since it’s near the concert venue. I’m a little worried she’s not prepared so I’m gearing up for the call where I have to check that she actually has a safe place for him to sleep and blocked off the stairs. 
  • Quiet day here; I’m taking next week off so I’m finishing up some things and hopefully logging off for good for the week. 

Sunday we’re going to see the Avett Brothers and Monday is our anniversary. M is spending the night at my moms for the first time since it’s near the concert venue. I’m a little worried she’s not prepared so I’m gearing up for the call where I have to check that she actually has a safe place for him to sleep and blocked off the stairs. 
    Enjoy your week off!  Sounds heavenly.  

I see how you lined it up to end with Memorial Day ;).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Big hugs @MNNEBride, that's so much to deal with.  I hope you guys get some answers soon.

The office is having happy hour at 4 at a local restaurant one of the partners owns.  I just don't want to go.  I don't want to have to deal with being around alcohol or being around co-workers + alcohol.  I realize I probably should for politics sake, but I'm not going to.  I have my godson's graduation party tonight and it is going to be packed.  There's no way I wouldn't go, so I think I need to conserve my "peopling" energy for that.

I think I'm staying in as much as possible this weekend.  I'm just not feeling up to much right now.  Hopefully, I can start pulling out of this most recent funk.
  • Such a horrible situation @levioosa, I hope you and your H can be there for them, even if it’s just a phone call right now :(

• @levioosa - I'm so sorry.  Sounds like a very complicated, sad situation.

• Not pregnant  A very sad day and not much to do but wait until January when I will have insurance coverage and try again with my geriatric eggs
  • Oh @levioosa I'm so sorry.     That can be so hard for everyone to process and for some there is no final stage of grief.  I hope your FSILA is equipped to be there for BILA with everything because that's a hard loss compounded by the circumstances.

• Not pregnant  A very sad day and not much to do but wait until January when I will have insurance coverage and try again with my geriatric eggs
    I’m so sorry. That’s so tough. Thinking of you. 
    @STARMOON44.
  • kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Oh no, a rough day for a lot of people!
    @STARMOON44 I'm so sorry.  It is so long until January too.  I hope you can do something to take your mind off things.

@levioosa That's awful, it must be so hard for your family to go through.  I hope you are able to call and talk to people.  Hopefully BIL A is okay.  

And @MNNEBride it sucks when you are waiting on a diagnosis.  Yeah, I know, patience, but that is easier said than done, and the uncertainty is killer.  I hope they get some answers soon.

• @STARMOON44 so sorry for you :(

• I’m so sorry @levioosa that’s all so awful. 
  • edited May 2023
    I hope you all get some answers soon @MNNEBride
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm sorry @STARMOON44
    All the vibes @levioosa how sad
    Hoping you guys have the peace of diagnosis soon @mnnebride this has been a really long road for you both