Wedding Woes

Worst day of the week

Ahh, Tuesday. The longest day of the week. What's everyone up to?

Re: Worst day of the week

• Sometimes it feels like my life is comprised of minor annoyances.  Which I suppose is a lot better then when major ones happen.  Just to name a few:

For our part-time hotel event board picture gig, my scheduler was hassling me about one of the properties on our route.  That we already informed them about eons ago.

I stopped for dinner at Rally's yesterday because I've been wanting to try their Fry-Seasoned chicken strips.  A bit heavily breaded for my preference, but really good flavor and larger/more meaty than I was expecting.  My T-Mobile Tuesday freebie today?  A free 3-piece Fry-Seasoned chicken strips, lol.  If I had just waited one more day, I would have saved $6.  I'm still going to use the coupon this week!  But I wouldn't have gone yesterday, had I known.

Hopefully that just means the rest of my day will be smooth sailing, lol.  May you all have a great day with no annoyances, major or minor!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Long weekend
    Company gives extra day, so I was off Friday.
    - had to hit 2 grocery stores just to get stupid fruit/veggie trays
    - at least I picked up solo breakfast?
    - cleaned up
    - prepped BK bday stuff in a travel bag {I picked it up for $20 at the store thinking it'd be great for beach because of fabric but it's really going to be amazing for so much else!}
    - tried to pick up cake pops - their system messed up, so it didn't work out {picked up next day}
    - took nap on couch because I was fkn DONE
    - picked up BK & saw all her friends that were coming to her party 
    - BK & I sorted stickers for her friends

Saturday
    - M & BK went to pick up cake pops
    - packed up things
    - party was 245- 445
    - only 1 no show {mom got wrong date, whoops!}
    BK had a blast 

Sunday
    - got BK a bike :O 
    - BK very overdone from party still, made her take quiet time/nap after bike

Monday
    - beautiful day
    - saw Bluey at local outlet mall
    - BK took a nap
    - we went biking a bit to help BK learn
    - found out the company merger is actually happening! {docs sent in October, finally signed off on part 1 as of Friday - next is court signing and it's official!}

No one was hungry so I pulled out the fruit/veggie trays and we all kinda picked.

BK got a bit over heated and we think mild heat stroke, because she got a fever middle of the night. Gave her some meds
    No other symptoms or issues and perfectly fine.
  • those sound delicious @short+sassy - i'm a sucker for really any kind of fried chicken strip. I'm still disappointed that mcdonalds doesnt have them anymore. That was my go-to treat when i was pregnant with G and I still crave it occasionally!

@MissKittyDanger I'm so glad the birthday party was good and everyone had fun!!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2023
    You try the best foods, @short+sassy! Rally’s are Southern IL here, but I have a Checker’s near by… would they have it? (i ask, knowing I can look up the answer myself lol)
    @MissKittyDanger sounds like a great long weekend! I have no plans for Sunday or Monday and I have mixed feelings about it.

I’m breaking up with Nadine West.  At first I liked them, but now all the clothes they give me are cheap and ugly. Nothing like what they advertise. My last feedback was “you either aren’t getting me - or you don’t have any of the cute clothes your advertising online in your warehouse TO give me”.  Stitchfix is good, but I felt like they were sending me to many blouses and dress pants despite me telling them over and over again, I’m business casual at BEST where I work.  But maybe I’ll give them another go? They had good quality and it wasn’t too too much more than Nadine West.
    also, ironically enough my gothic clothing loot arrived yesterday.  On National Goth Day.  I couldn’t have planned it better.

• @MissKittyDanger, I'm glad to hear BK's party went well!  Yay new bike and learning how to ride it.

@CharmedPam, as far as I know, Checkers and Rally's are the same place.  I'm not sure why they have different names in different places.  But I'd assume Checkers has the fry-seasoned chicken tenders also.  @Casadena, definitely check them out!  I think you're around Pam, so perhaps at Checkers, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam what's Nadine West? I've been working on revamping my wardrobe - tbh I'm finding some good pieces on Amazon and Shein. I'll be doing in store stuff next year but a couple things I really needed.

@short+sassy it's actually really funny, she had such struggles with her trike but the bike {obv with training wheels} she's really taken to it!
  • If anyone wants to see - stories to see her biking & post to see BK, M & I with Bluey

Katie (@misskt) • Instagram photos and videos
  • It's a good Tuesday for me - it's our anniversary. We're going out to a super yummy seafood place tonight. But I'm a little bummed that it's cool and rainy and I don't think I can pull off the hot summer outfit that I was planning to wear. I asked H to get my ring resized as my gift, so we'll stop by the jewelry store today too. 

I think Checkers/Rallys are the same but have different names because they were originally different place that merged and neither wanted to give up their brand recognition. Sort of the same thing as Carls Jr/Hardees and Colonel/Rainbow bread. 

Nothing much else going on today. I'm working on a boring project and don't really want to do it, but it will be even more boring if I ignore it until tomorrow.

• We are doing bridging of the girls to the next level of Girl Scouts this evening. And I am shaking my head at one of the other parents.

For background - and this is not the only example of her modus operandi, just the most egregious - we do most organizing of the girl stuff in her grade over an iMessage group with all the moms. It's a small group and we all have iPhones and it's the simplest way to communicate. So last year, there was a birthday party on the day we were gonna bring DS2 home from the hospital. I RSVPed in a public way over this iMessage to say that I did not know whether we were going to be able to bring DD because of new baby stuff. This mom offered to pick her up. Great. We arranged separately to have her picked up at 11:50 for a noon party. Our house is on the way.

11:50 arrives. Noon. 12:15. I text to ask if she's still coming and say that DH can probably run her over if needed. She say she's still at her house and they're running late. (Okay, can you bother to text that while my kid sits at the window watching for you?) I tell her that DH will take her over but it'd be great if she could still bring her home. She does bring DD home after the party.

Next day, she asks if we can take her daughter and also younger daughter for like 3 hours while they work on stuff for their move. What, like as a reciprocal favor (for the not-equivalent favor that you didn't really do for us) you want the folks with the literal newborn baby to babysit for you?

So anyway, I knew this was gonna happen. She had asked and I had said I would take her daughter from one location to another within this large park after bridging was over (her work at a golf course and the bridging ceremony are both in the park). IF she could get someone else to bring her daughter TO the park. She texts today to ask if we can still bring her daughter and X is her address. I reiterated what I had actually offered and she never texted back. So now I'm sure she's texting other people about how she's "scrambling." LOL.
  • edited May 2023
    @MyNameIsNot Happy anniversary! 

@flantastic how completely rude of her! Damn. 

Meh. Second Monday. It's so nice out, I wish I was just relaxing on my deck. The cat was cuddled up so cute to me this morning, it was hard to get out of bed. 

Mostly just SSDD. N ended up getting a whole bunch of free wine from this guy that bought some extra steel off of him. The guy actually owns a winery upstate and ended up giving a whole case of mixed wine. So that's basically the highlight of my day...ha. 
  • It's a good Tuesday for me - it's our anniversary. We're going out to a super yummy seafood place tonight. But I'm a little bummed that it's cool and rainy and I don't think I can pull off the hot summer outfit that I was planning to wear. I asked H to get my ring resized as my gift, so we'll stop by the jewelry store today too. 

I think Checkers/Rallys are the same but have different names because they were originally different place that merged and neither wanted to give up their brand recognition. Sort of the same thing as Carls Jr/Hardees and Colonel/Rainbow bread. 

Nothing much else going on today. I'm working on a boring project and don't really want to do it, but it will be even more boring if I ignore it until tomorrow.

I grew up with Carl's Jr. only a few blocks from my house.  Those were the days!  They also had hot dogs back then...the business started as a hot dog cart...which, as a kid, I liked better than hamburgers.

It's still there and is now a Carl's Jr./Green Burrito.  I'm pretty sure Green Burrito used to be a separate company and I think Carl's bought them.

Unfortunately, I think Hardees and Carl's have different menus.  Maybe not all of them.  But the limited experiences I've had with them, that's what it seems like.  The Carl's in my old stomping grounds doesn't have one word about Hardees and didn't have their breakfast sandwiches either.

The few Hardees I've been to don't have Carl's fried zucchini with it's especially delicious ranch dressing dipping sauce, lol.  I was super excited the first time I went to a Hardees after they merged so I could get that.  Nope.

Fun facts.  The founders of Carl's Jr., Carl and Margaret Karcher, had a house in my little hometown (San Clemente, CA).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy anniversary @MyNameIsNot! Was yours yesterday @charlotte989875
    Nadine West is a clothing service where they send you clothes, you keep what you like, send back what you don’t.  You fill out a personal preference profile but I don’t think they pay attention to it, lol @misskittydanger.  I also don’t know if it’s in Canada yet?
    yeah that mom has to meet you half way @flantastic.  It doesn’t look like she wants to!

Rally’s is South of us @casadena, and while the ‘burbs has Checker’s they are few and far between.  I checked and they have the fry seasoned tenders.  It may be something I try coming home from my P’s, exiting earlier than I should for it, but not something to drive out of my way for.

• @flantastic was all of this over imessage?  At least you "have the receipts" should it come up that it's clear that's not what you offered.  And if this mom is talking about you it's probably not doing her any favors knowing that this is what she does and other moms have probably experienced it too.

I'm salty today as a Pelton app user.  If you follow their press release they framedthat what they're doing today is rolling out ways that Peloton will be accessible to everyone by having multiple tiers of their app.

Now to back up, 3 years ago when I started Pelton had two options: buy the bike and then their subscription based service which was $40/mo or use your own equipment and pay $12.99/mo.  I ordered a Sunny bike with no bells or whistles, my own weights, yoga mat, workout mat and some yoga blocks.  The cost I pay gets me their cycling classes plus the rest of their classes.  There are no metrics that the app captures for me from my performance but I'm OK with that.

Today they announced that the app I have will be honored at the current $ until December and then it will be $24.99.  I'm all about understanding that the price of anything is going to need to go up but this is doubling my cost and not offering me anything else for it.  They're now the Disney Parks of workout equipment. 
    edited May 2023
    That would annoy me too, @banana468.  I hate when fees double in a year.  Umm ever hear of gradual price hikes, corporations?

• Happy anniversary @MyNameIsNot! Was yours yesterday @charlotte989875
    Nadine West is a clothing service where they send you clothes, you keep what you like, send back what you don’t.  You fill out a personal preference profile but I don’t think they pay attention to it, lol @misskittydanger.  I also don’t know if it’s in Canada yet?
    yeah that mom has to meet you half way @flantastic.  It doesn’t look like she wants to!

Rally’s is South of us @casadena, and while the ‘burbs has Checker’s they are few and far between.  I checked and they have the fry seasoned tenders.  It may be something I try coming home from my P’s, exiting earlier than I should for it, but not something to drive out of my way for.
    Thank you! We had a great day. Slept in, spent some time together, took a nap, and I read in my sweatpants all day! My parents brought M back at dinner time. It was fantastic. 
  • That would annoy me too, @banana468.  I hate when fees double in a year.  Umm ever hear of gradual price hikes, corporations?
    I'm sad because I feel like I KNOW this set up and yet - that's why they think they'll keep me by DOUBLING the cost!  But they aren't offering anything else and I need a daily workout - at least on the week days.  This has been something I worked into life 6 mo after I turned 40 and it's really important to me to keep this momentum going.  So I need something that also FEELS this stimulating.

edited May 2023
    banana468 said:
    That would annoy me too, @banana468.  I hate when fees double in a year.  Umm ever hear of gradual price hikes, corporations?
    I'm sad because I feel like I KNOW this set up and yet - that's why they think they'll keep me by DOUBLING the cost!  But they aren't offering anything else and I need a daily workout - at least on the week days.  This has been something I worked into life 6 mo after I turned 40 and it's really important to me to keep this momentum going.  So I need something that also FEELS this stimulating.

And still, it’s cheaper than a gym membership 
    edit to add; guess it depends on what gym, but the cheapest I ever saw around here was $40/month and that was GOOD!

• banana468 said:

And still, it’s cheaper than a gym membership 
    edit to add; guess it depends on what gym, but the cheapest I ever saw around here was $40/month and that was GOOD!
    Yup!  And I have the equipment!

But let's also be clear - the cost that Peloton is going to charge is well over what is actually being produced when what I'm getting is essentially streaming content as I do not own their brand-specific equipment.