Wedding Woes

Hump Day

How's everyone?  I'm I think on the back end of a cold, one of the kids had one over the weekend and I wasn't sure if it was allergies, but it was a cold bc I caught it.  Always forget how annoying they are (mainly bc they kill my throat) but really fine.  How is everyone else?

Re: Hump Day

• Doing OK here.  Headed into a 3 hour virtual class I teach for work.  Had the same course yesterday afternoon and DH fell about 1/2 way through but wasn't injured.  I was able to have the learners take a break while I called the fire department for a lift assist,  I gave them a 20 min break and I was back at 18 mins - whew.   

Hope your cold is short-lived, @ei34.
  • ei34 said:
    How's everyone?  I'm I think on the back end of a cold, one of the kids had one over the weekend and I wasn't sure if it was allergies, but it was a cold bc I caught it.  Always forget how annoying they are (mainly bc they kill my throat) but really fine.  How is everyone else?
    I feel good that I checked things off my list this week like getting the kids in summer camps but I still have more to go and found out some of Chiquito's friends are at the competing camp this summer where they won't let him in because it's already booked.

Hoping I can get DH to clean up my flower bed since I think I can finally plant a bit this weekend. 
  • I'm back.  The colonoscopy went fine, but the prep and procedure did, well no pun intended, take it out of me.  I got really sick from the prep because of the cramping, I've never responded super well to anesthesia, and they didn't get me back until almost 2:00.  All of that means I went almost 48 hours w/out food and didn't have any water from 8:30 am until after 3:00 pm.  So, I ended up taking yesterday off as well and I slept most of the day, with some minimal cramping and a lot of bloating.  They took 2 polyps, one of which was large enough they said it could've let to a colectomy in a few more years, so I'm glad I did it, but whew.  Just waiting on results now.  I'm afraid I might have to give up popcorn.  That is my very favorite snack and I'll probably cry....a lot.

Otherwise, doing well.  Work is kicking my butt all over the place, so I've got to hunker down.
  • I have another double ear infection and was told it's going to keep happening if i don't add a nasal steroid spray to help keep my sinuses clear. My allergies have been off the charts terrible this year so i'm not surprised everything is congested. 

My boss just asked me to update something and asked if i was familiar with the way we present this data....dude, I'm the one who built the model and charts 5 years ago. He couldn't have known that but just an example of how I feel like the boss/grandboss are treating me like i'm a brand new employee who's never worked here before. It's very annoying. We're doing chair massages at work today and I'm really looking forward to it!

Got the wall tile painted last night, need to pick up another small can of paint today and the floor will be done too. It's looking super good and i'm really excited! I'll share before and after pics when fixtures are re-installed. 
  • @MNNEBride ouch! Sorry that happened, hope he’s doing ok?
    @VarunaTT that sounds PAINFUL, maybe I missed why you’re getting one “so early”, but are you at high risk? Your popcorn comment reminded me to check out new movies coming out tomorrow.  I think there’s a few I want to see.

SSDD.  Last game night I was at, around the same time I was complaining about lack of friends/social life, someone I had met at two meetups asked for my # towards the end, and we’ve been texting back and forth.  She suggested speed dating for tonight but remembered she couldn’t go.  Which is fine because It was in Chicago, and I’m not about to meet someone in a city I can’t/won’t drive to.  But I told her I always wanted to try speed dating and to let me know if there’s another one she can attend - because why not? She’s throwing out other suggestions and it could be fun.  She seemed really fun and our answers to the games were very similar.
    Plus, I’ve been buying some cute clothes and tanks and even dresses (NOT me) for the summer and I need places to wear them and show off my new tats! 

• I love PTO days with nothing to do. I had to log on for 20 mi hates to test my connection for a talk I’m doing next week. Then I ran and watched Ted Lasso and now I’m going to eat and nap. I *may* clean the bathrooms later but may not. Yay for vacation days! 
  • @MNNEBride, I'm sorry that happened to your H!  I hope he is doing okay.  There are devices out on the market that help people get up, if they aren't able to do it themselves.  My H and I and one of our neighbors previously looked into it because of a (now former) elderly neighbor who fell a lot.

@VarunaTT, I hope the results for your colonoscopy are good.  And that you can still eat popcorn!

@Casadena, I hope your ear infection clears up soon.  I'm looking forward to seeing your floors!  I'm always looking for low-cost, but cool and unique ways to spruce up a house.  One of my go-to's is replacing kitchen hardware.  Which my H and I really need to do before we list our own house.  Unfortunately, our kitchen is small and "meh" so it needs all the help it can get.

@CharmedPam, I always wanted to try speed dating when I was single, but I never saw events for it.  Sounds fun!  Hopefully you and the new meetup friend can find another event that works for both of you.

@charlotte989875, I love having days off at home!  Though I've never taken a whole week off for that.  Enjoy the extra time and relaxation!

My friend went to one a few years ago that was at a bar.  She ended up dating the bartender for a few months, lol.

Are guys living in Chicago proper a deal breaker for you, since you don't like driving into the city?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MNNEBride ouch! Sorry that happened, hope he’s doing ok?
    @VarunaTT that sounds PAINFUL, maybe I missed why you’re getting one “so early”, but are you at high risk? Your popcorn comment reminded me to check out new movies coming out tomorrow.  I think there’s a few I want to see.
    The age for colonscopies for colon cancer screening has been dropped to 45.  Obviously, for good reason, since they found what they did on me (in me) and another 5 years to 50, would've been not great results.

I wasn't able to eat popcorn for a full week before the procedure and I refused to watch any new movies because of that!  I'm silly, i know, but it's one of few snacks that I really like.  I think I'm going to get a new movie pass to another theatre.  There's a lot out I'd like to see.
  • I love PTO days with nothing to do. I had to log on for 20 mi hates to test my connection for a talk I’m doing next week. Then I ran and watched Ted Lasso and now I’m going to eat and nap. I *may* clean the bathrooms later but may not. Yay for vacation days! 
    You just described my work from home day LOL

• I am salty today. So salty that I’m sending my managers an email. Ugh. It’s probably not helping that I’m pretty sure I’m PMSing and I’m running on 4 hours of sleep for the second day in a row. 

I hope you continue to recover well and that the polyp was benign @VarunaTT

Feel better! @Casadena and @ei34

*hugs* @MNNEBride

Yay for lazy PTO days @charlotte989875

• Are guys living in Chicago proper a deal breaker for you, since you don't like driving into the city?
    yup, pretty much.  I like Chicago, but I don’t drive there or around the city. It’s long distance pretty much lol.

i know colonoscopies lowered their age, but I always thought you were low 40’s? Hope the results benign.  When my time comes I want to do the mail orders after all the horror stories I’ve heard! 

• i know colonoscopies lowered their age, but I always thought you were low 40’s? Hope the results benign.  When my time comes I want to do the mail orders after all the horror stories I’ve heard! 
    I am 46.  :)  I like to tell people I'm 32, I think I can sell that for a few more years.

:smiley:

I never thought I'd be the person to be vain about my age or gray hair, but here we are!  Also, I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I think I should be "grown" or somehow have life figured out by now.  Alas, I do not.  If anything, I've figured out how much I truly have no idea or control over.
  • VarunaTT said:

i know colonoscopies lowered their age, but I always thought you were low 40’s? Hope the results benign.  When my time comes I want to do the mail orders after all the horror stories I’ve heard! 
    I am 46.  :)  I like to tell people I'm 32, I think I can sell that for a few more years.

I never thought I'd be the person to be vain about my age or gray hair, but here we are!  Also, I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I think I should be "grown" or somehow have life figured out by now.  Alas, I do not.  If anything, I've figured out how much I truly have no idea or control over.
    You're only a few years ahead of me!  I'm 43 and know the colonoscopy and I will become friends in a couple years.

Currently I get mammograms and an US every year and sometimes twice a year.  They're tiny and trouble. 
  • VarunaTT said:

This November will be my 25th anniversary of being 25, lol.

One of the biggest things that sucks about growing older that I didn't expect is the "regrets".  When you're young, you're whole life is ahead of you.  So many possibilities.  But now I've made a lot of my choices.  Some of them great.  Some of them I wish I'd done differently and wonder "what if".

But it's been fun along the way while I've tried to figure out my path, so I try to focus on that.  I also don't think it's a straight one for most people.  Circumstances change.  Sometimes you have to take a fork in the road.  Sometimes you have to wade through the deep forest to find another path!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am stunned.

Tina Turner has died.

What a loss.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I am stunned.

Tina Turner has died.

What a loss.
    I hadn't heard until your post.  She is such a legend and had so many great songs.  It's a sad day for music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker