Wedding Woes

Prudie Day

I looked ahead to next week's forecast and noticed some warmer days ahead so decided to try and put the window AC's in yesterday evening.  I have two, one for the living room and one for my bedroom.   Either way dealing with ACs was a stbxh job this last decade, since the apartments I rented before we lived together, the super handled it.  But the point was that I successfully got both units in the windows, woohoo.  So we're now ready for the heat.  All the while it's 51 degrees right now.  But when it's AC weather I'll be ready.  

How's everyone else?

Re: Prudie Day

• way to go @ei34! Glad you're ready for the hot weather

@banana468 that sounds super hard - parenting is no joke. You guys are doing a great job (from what we can tell here!) supporting and teaching. Hopefully something will get through to her. 
  • Meh. SSDD. I just want it to be the weekend already. These days are dragging! 

@mrsconn23 did you watch the VPR reunion last night? I was dying when Tom Sandoval said to James that he's had the same haircut for 9 years. That's the best insult you can come up with? 
  • H has been in a MOOD all week. It's annoying and frustrating and makes me hesitant to get my hopes up for our fun day away on Saturday. Time will tell I guess. 

Trying to plug through some boring work this morning and i canceled a yoga class in favor of mowing the grass a little later. It's 50 degrees and cloudy and i'm here for it. Trying to clean a little in between work stuff the next couple days. My parents are coming in tomorrow for the long weekend!

• Woohoo @ei34, look at you go! It’s amazing what you can do on your own once you’re faced with it.  I used to hate mowing the grass.  Like, I felt like I never had the strength for it on my bumpy unmanageable lawn.  But then prices went up, and guess who had to learn to mow?
    @banana468, just know that you’re doing your best to try to correct that issue.  

SSDD for me.  I think I found my oly pore & wrinkle refiner replacement in a product made by mally beauty.  The face defender.  It runs for the same cost of amazon’s upcharge of the oly stuff - but they always have coupons at mally and I bought 2 compacts in a bundle with other make up I was pretty impressed with, so I’m calling it a win. Just the tiniest amount is needed and it makes a difference! It fills in the texture/lines on my face all day.  I come home, look in the mirror, and it still looks pretty flawless after a day of wearing it. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2023
    @ei34, congrats on flexing those handywoman skills!  As a reminder, the window units should be angled slightly downward to the outside so the water condensation flows outside of the house instead of down the wall.  If you're not sure, don't worry about it yet, but keep an eye on it.

That's one of my rules for tenants with HVAC.  They can buy a window unit at their expense for extra cooling if they wish, but we need to install it (at no charge) so we know it's done correctly and isn't going to damage the walls.

We've had highs in the 90s for the last couple weeks, so we are already in full on a/c mode.  I don't think I've run the heater at all for at least the last 2 months.

Not much going on today.  Another long, boring day at work without much to do.

Edited:

I forgot to mention something funny that happened last night.  Our cat Maple Bar is very adventurous.  Even though we have had her for 3 years, she still surprises us with places she will get into.  Top of the refrigerator.  Top of two different armoires that are both about 7' high.  A shelf about 5' from the ground in a bookcase.  She's startled me a few times with that one.  We actually use the bookcase for folded clothing and it's also right next to where we store drinks.  I'll go get a drink.  Turn my head and there is Maple Bar's face, level with mine.

Last night, I was walking through the kitchen.  Our laundry room is next to it.  I suddenly see a little Maple head peek up from INSIDE the washing machine!  Then she jumped up onto the rim.  Jumped down to the floor.  And scampered off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi all. 5 days before vacation and DH and I are both sick. He is, of course, slightly worse than me so he is napping and I am playing with the kids. (Kind of. DS is watching spiderman, bless him. DD is dumping out all of my tea, then trying to put it back in the organizer, and I am letting it happen). DS was sick last weekend but it only lasted about 24 hours so FX it's the same for us. 

Canadian Knotties- do you have Next there? It is a UK brand (I think). Not sure if you share stores like that. Anyway, I got the nicest swimsuits from there. Definitely worth checking out if you can.

• @mrsconn23 did you watch the VPR reunion last night? I was dying when Tom Sandoval said to James that he's had the same haircut for 9 years. That's the best insult you can come up with? 
    Yes, LOL! I also loved when he tried to cry and everyone was like, "Oh HELL no! You're not the victim!" and totally shut him down. 

I am creeping toward my week off.  I have a 2 hour training from 12-2 today.  Nothing tomorrow and a lot of people will be off, so looking forward to it being quiet hopefully.   I do need to get my crap together and get some monthly reporting done.  Work is still absolutely bonkers, but I've felt less overwhelmed as the week progressed.  

We have a busy weekend ahead.  We have a carpet cleaning appt tomorrow.  DH and I have to finish moving furniture tonight.  Saturday will be putting the house back together and cleaning in anticipation of everyone coming in next week.  We have a party to attend Saturday evening.  Sunday, DH and FIL will be listening to the 500 and prepping the boat.  Monday, we're going to try to get out on the water.  

Prudie coming up soon. 
  • ((hugs)) @VarunaTT.  I am sorry that you have to wait and worry.  I have a metric fuckton of medical anxiety since mom's dx and passing (to the point of avoidance in certain situations and having to have several therapy sessions before I work myself up to scheduling the appt), so I totally empathize with you trying to bank down on freaking out at the moment.  ((more hugs)) 
  • Oh @VarunaTT I hope you get to talk to someone soon!
  • TMI & TW

Im fine, but have had some spotting Tuesday and again today. I know this can be totally normal and it can be.. not. Trying to relax, drink water, and not freak out. 
  • hugs @VarunaTT and @charlotte989875. Sending lots of good vibes to both of you
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    *hugs* @VarunaTT
    vibes @mrsconn23 I've been guilty of some medical avoiding too and it's something I have to work on 
    @Casadena all the thumbs down at your H and hope he can turn it around, you deserve a fun weekend! 
    @charlotte989875 I spotted both times during the first trimester around when I should have gotten my period, my ob said that my body was confused, hope this is nothing/normal for you <3 
  • @VarunaTT and @charlotte989875, I'm keeping you all in my thoughts.  I hope it ends up being nothing concerning for you both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT and @charlotte989875 sending you both love and healing vibes. 
  • TMI & TW

Im fine, but have had some spotting Tuesday and again today. I know this can be totally normal and it can be.. not. Trying to relax, drink water, and not freak out. 
    FWIW, I did in both pregnancies, freaked out every time it happened but once I had testing and US I was fine.