December 2012 Weddings

Wedding Coat Ideas

Hi Ladies, 

I am getting married on 12.08.12 in Chicago... burrr!! I wanted to see if anyone has found any ideas to stay a little warmer on their wedding day while taking outdoor photos? 

Thanks for your help, 

Ashley 

Re: Wedding Coat Ideas

• Faux fur is very common. Davids Bridal has some options that range from $79.00- $125.00. Here's the link! Also a cute idea would be for the groom to give you his jacket and the groomsmen giving the bridesmaids their jackets for a few pics; showing the gentlemen ways that are slowly diminishing. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ashley, I am also getting married in Chicago this December (12/1/12) and I have just started to look for shawls and capes and things like that. If you buy now, you might get a really good deal. I saw some for like $20, but I am sort of leary of the quality. I will try to find the website for you. II saw this beautiful cape, but I decided it was not worth $600. Congratulations! Where is the reception, if you don't mind me asking.
  • edited April 2012
    SeptemberLadie - Thank you for the idea... I love the groom jacket for pictures. Very romantic. 

jaxrn1 - I am getting married and having my reception at Loft on Lake. How about you? What are your colors? We should absolutely talk about vendors and such. It would be great to have someone to bounce ideas off of that is in the same Chicago / December wedding boat :) I found a website with Faux Fur as well, but it did appear to be kind of shady....
    But they are so cheap that I might just give it a shot and see what I get:
  • My wedding is also December 8 I'm located about an hour and a half from Chicago. What I am planning on doing is my bridesmaid dresses are being made and she is going to make me a jacket that matches my bridesmaids. It's going to be a very cheap option for me.
  • jaxrn1jaxrn1 member
    First Comment
    We are getting married and having our reception at the Rialto Square Theater in Joliet. We are doing black, silver, and red. I'll have to check out that site. I jus finalized alot of my vendors this weekend. [QUOTE]SeptemberLadie - Thank you for the idea... I love the groom jacket for pictures. Very romantic.  jaxrn1 - I am getting married and having my reception at Loft on Lake. How about you? What are your colors? We should absolutely talk about vendors and such. It would be great to have someone to bounce ideas off of that is in the same Chicago / December wedding boat :) I found a website with Faux Fur as well, but it did appear to be kind of shady.... But they are so cheap that I might just give it a shot and see what I get: <a href="http://www.milanoo.com/Wedding-Shawls-c1050" rel="nofollow">http://www.milanoo.com/Wedding-Shawls-c1050</a>  
    Posted by abussen[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards