Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Philly GTG

I'm thinking the 23rd around 2 or 3pm.  It only got 4 votes but a bunch of people didn't vote b/c they said any date was good.  How does that sound?  I've been looking around at different places and I think McGillin's would be good b/c it's not far from Market East train station and well, I love this place.  It's not really fancy but it's the oldest Irish pub in Philly so it's a piece of history :)

http://www.mcgillins.com/

If anyone else has other suggestions as to where, let me know. 

I'm adding a poll to make things easier.

Photobucket

Re: Philly GTG

• edited December 2011
    i can come but it would be more towards 4pm.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That date works for me. 

If anyone from Norristown wants to drive down with me let me know.  We can split parking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll have to be out again... I'll be working.  And I'll need a couple of Sundays off for my shower and other things, so I have to save my days off :(
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I think I can make it.

I am willing to carpool or take public transit down other Norristown Ladies.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I just found out I have another christening that day. If we make the GTG at 4 I can probably leave early.

Anyone remember all of my cousins that had babies this year? Well they are taking up all of my damn Sundays in January to Christen their crumb snatchers!
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damnit Nicole!  You're bugging the crap out of me lol.  4 o'clock it is.  You're paying for my cab or bus ride home ;)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am not 100% sure yet if I can come or not...I have something going on during the day and need to get a better handle on when I'll be finished.

IF I can come, I'd be up for carpooling with the Norristown ladies :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philly-gtg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:32db46c2-62ef-4f5f-8299-2ee70e7f5d45Post:4f917514-2e93-4a0b-a128-66973f60aee4">Re: Philly GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damnit Nicole!  You're bugging the crap out of me lol.  4 o'clock it is.  You're paying for my cab or bus ride home ;)
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

we will make it an adventure and walk! haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only if I'm allowed to get drunk will I walk!  That way it'll sober me up and H won't know the difference ;)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the Nrristown Area CarpoolingPublic Transit Club.  I don't do well driving by myself in most parts of the city...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This looks promising.  :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in.  I have a certification test on the 22nd, so hopefully I'll pass and this can be a celebratory drink for me :)  I can park at 30th & Market "free" if anyone wants to do that and take the el.  Or, I'm in for splitting the cost of parking too - for the Norristown area peoples.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone else ever been to McGillins?  What's ur opinion of the place?
    Photobucket
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Stacey, I've never heard of it, but if they server alcohol, I'm sure it will be ok ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    ive been there a bunch of times.  my MOH's DH used to work there.  The food is just your typical bar food, nothing fancy
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I can come!  Maybe I'll take the NJ PATCO train so I don't have to worry about finding cheap parking in Philly.
  • edited December 2011
    music-  id probably take the patco too. we can meet up at the same station if you want!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philly-gtg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:32db46c2-62ef-4f5f-8299-2ee70e7f5d45Post:e24fa553-31b6-45c1-bfd5-f338dae98d21">Re: Philly GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>music-  id probably take the patco too. we can meet up at the same station if you want!
    </strong>Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]

Good idea, Jackie, what station are you closest to?  I live all the way in Mays Landing, so I can take the AC Expressway to 42 to any station.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Their food is fine.  I just like the seating arrangement there.  I think it's good for groups b/c you can put tables together.  That's why it came to mind.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    oh wow, you are way down there!   lindenwold or ashland works for me so which every is easiest for you :)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    ill prob take the ptco too jackie and jody
  • edited December 2011
    excellent! 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philly-gtg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:32db46c2-62ef-4f5f-8299-2ee70e7f5d45Post:31b74e71-d7f2-4cff-82f7-bf90c0a8ddda">Re: Philly GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh wow, you are way down there!   lindenwold or ashland works for me so which every is easiest for you :)
    Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]

Yes, I sure am!  Lindenwold would probably be good for me.  Then I can take 73 to 30 and avoid a toll.
  • edited December 2011
    Is anyone from the Delco area/DE.... I want to come but I get nervous driving into the city... I always get lost!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy, have DH drop u off at the train station and pick u up if no one is from there.  The train is the easiest way!  What section are you in?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    is this only for married girls? seems like most of you already are!  i'd love to come and meet some new people
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ashley, It's for anyone who wants to go from this board.  We're not all married...yet.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards