Military Brides

Military Discount

Hello Ladies,
My Fiance and I have started our wedding planning. I came across a venue that provides a military discount and started to wonder.....what other parts of the wedding would provide a military discount and where could I find them? Any advice would help.

Thanks!

Re: Military Discount

• I don't think there's any specific list of vendors that offer military discounts - you might be better off asking at your local board for suggestions in your area. I found that some do and some don't, just ask everyone! Our venue didn't offer a "military" discount but we did get a "special" discount because FI is in the military. 
  • I agree with PP.  I would ask your local board or just ask the vendors when you speak to them.  They worst they could say is no.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, mostly just ask. We ended up getting 15% off the reception venue that we chose, and they were the only one to offer us a discount. It felt really weird to ask, and I actually just gave up asking further on because it made me kind of uncomfortable, but the money off the venue was pretty nice. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://military.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-discount-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:78cc6ea2-443a-4a92-b15e-2626c4a50835Post:16381ec9-af11-4b1c-844b-4059c7262553">Military Discount</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Ladies, My Fiance and I have started our wedding planning. I came across a venue that provides a military discount and started to wonder.....what other parts of the wedding would provide a military discount and where could I find them? Any advice would help. Thanks!
    Posted by CaitlinFelice[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would ask any and all of your vendors whether or not they are willing to provide a military discount.  This might work especially well if you are getting married in an area that isn't particularly military-heavy.  For instance, my fiance and I are getting married in Chicago, and he is active duty Army, so a lot of those vendors were amenable.  I currently live in DC and hardly any vendors here offer a discount.</div><div>
    </div><div>All the costs for your vendors are NEGOTIABLE--you just have to ask!

</div>
  • I agree with asking. Our jeweler gave us an additional 10% off the price we'd already agreed on when we mentioned FI was in the Air Force.  
    image 342 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 50 Will be missing out!
    image 200 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zales gives discount
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards