Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rehearsal dinner-invite SO's of bridal party-also...

Will you/should I invite the SO's of all of our bridal party?  I will of course invite anyone married or even been together for a good amount of time, but what about my 19 and 20 year old nieces boyfriends?  I guess, it's only 2 more, and why exclude them....just looking for suggestions.
Also, I thought about hosting it at our reception venue, but it's looking like there will be about 28 ppl, and our venue is about 12.00/person......wondering if I can find anything cheaper.  I'd love  to do a BBQ or something along those lines, but our wedding is April 30th, don't know what the weather will be doing yet!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rehearsal dinner-invite SO's of bridal party-also...

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited everyone who wanted to come (SOs and OOTs).  We had ours at Pinz, a bowling alley in Oakdale.  I had a lot of compliments on how nice it was to have a relaxed RD where people could really mingle and talk for hours.  We did pizza, drinks, and snacks, and then rented a few lanes for an hour of bowling after.  Some bowled, some chatted, some did laser tag.  It was a lot of fun (and relatively cheap compared to a big sit down restaurant).
  • LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm....we did our Engagement party at Pinz and had lots of fun!  It was a little disorganized for so many ppl who wanted to bowl, and splitting up checks etc. 
    We paid for food and bowling, but guests paid for their own drinks. 
    It does sound fun....I want something casual!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at majors sports cafe in apple valley.  We plan to invite everyones SO's
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that it is appropriate to invite SOs of your bridal party to your rehearsal dinner regardless of how long they've been together.  Think of it as a way to add additional thanks to your bridal party members for their time and efforts on your big day. 
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you doing your reception for 12/person??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards