California-Los Angeles

Anniversary Gifts

Good morning ladies!

Our one year Anniversary is approaching and I need a little help on what to plan (something local) or what to give him as a gift.

So married gals, what did you give your DH's as a gift?
and for those of you are not yet married, any ideas?

TIA

Re: Anniversary Gifts

• heath1026heath1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The 1st anniversary is traditionally "paper".  My mom got married almost 2 years ago and I loved what she did.  She gave her DH a bunch of different paper items which included lottery tickets, a ream of computer paper, a journal with love notes she had been writing to him, paper movie and/or theater tickets, a book...and other stuff I'm sure.

I thought it was a really cute and creative idea.  Good luck.  :)
  • erika13parrerika13parr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I havent been on here in forever, guess I popped in on a good day.

for our first anniversary I gave my hubby a 5 x 7 photo book and called it "our first year"  I started it off with a few pics from our wedding and then told the story of our first year in pictures.  I was really happy with how it turned out and he loved it.  It was a gift we could both enjoy.  I also purchased a love print on etsy which told our story, how we met and all of our milestones.  I framed it and its displayed in our living room.  Hope this helps.
  • czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although this isn't paper, what about a digital photo frame with all your wedding pixs and and pictures that you've taken since you've been married?  Just a thought :)
    Photobucket
    Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas girls, they all sound great! The paper idea is cute!

Erika- I love your idea to make a photobook with pics of our first year! I love it! :) I just might do something like that. Thanks! and how's it going for you? it's been a while lady!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm glad I could help.  I plan on doing one every year :)  I've been good thanks.  Wow a year for you already, time really does fly.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG!!!! I truly LOVE erika13parr idea!!!! FAB!!!! That is soooo cute and creative!!!!

Nice seeing you here btw!!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks QueMiras, your wedding turned out beautiful, love the pics Nataly caputred, congrats.

• edited December 2011
    I did a photobook for FI for our last dating anniversary. It was vacation photos of everwhere we'd traveled together. He absolutely adored it! He keeps it out on the coffee table in the den and loves when guests go through it.

I used mypublisher.com It's a little more expensive than some of the other publishing websites, but IMO it was well worth it. The print quality was phenomenal. And they give you lots of choices with what type/size of book you want, paper weight, a cover that's printed on or a dust jacket, etc.

My mom's used Blurb.com (after seeing the one I made, she wanted to make something for herself). Blurb's cheaper, and according to her it's really good quality, but not quite as good as the one from mypublisher.
  • edited December 2011
    I still cant believe you are coming on your one year!!!
    Its amazing how quickly time flies...

I gave DH something very untraditional.. ( Lakers Jacket ), and also ordered a Frame carved in wood with a little Love saying... and I made sure we caught a picture on that day to display it on there.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought him a book about the Red Sox.  On each of the first hundred pages, I wrote one reason why I loved him.  I also bought him Red Sox tickets.

We went to Lawry's for our anniversary dinner.  I loved it.

DH didn't give me paper - he gave me a diamond ring  instead ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I have decided to start doing "house gifts".  We purchased a nice couch for our first anniversary.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas all!! and Jagore that's a good one too! hmmmm....I have a lot to think about! Thanks so much girls! XOXOXOXOXO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards