Maryland-Baltimore

Hotel wedding in the Towson area

We live in Baltimore, but a large portion of our party will be traveling from out of state, so we definitely want to have our ceremony and reception in a nearby hotel.

We looked at the Sheraton in Towson today, and really liked it. 
We are still going to check out a few others in the area (Mariott- Hunt Valley, Embasy Suite- Hunt Valley, Holiday Inn- Timonium, Best Western- Towson, Crowne Plaze- Timounium), however we've never been to an event at any of these places.

Please share your experiences at these places from your own wedding, someone else's wedding, or even a visit with their wedding coordinator.  Thanks so much!!

Re: Hotel wedding in the Towson area

• I would avoid the Sheraton Towson, went to a wedding there last year, They treated the couple so badly,,,
  • I am having my wedding at the Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn.  We were in a similar situation, as both of us are from out of state.  I have been so happy with the Hunt Valley Inn!  They worked with our budget and have been so accommodating to us.  I woudl highly recommend working wtih them.  I can provide more info after my wedding in June! :)
  • Great!  One of my best friends is actually getting married there in Oct, and I'll be a bridesmaid.  It also seems to be really nice, I was just trying not to steal her venue haha.  I'd love to hear how everything goes, good luck and congrats!!
  • My fiance and I are in the same situation where most of our guests will be from out of town. It's not quite Towson, but it's still pretty wonderful, we'll be getting married at the Intercontinental Harbor Court. Their facility is gorgeous, it's right on the water, so there's plenty to do in the area. They also give a discounted room rate for out of town guests. Something I really love about them that makes them a little more unique is that they have 2 ballrooms that are both gorgeous! It's almost as if they planned for this beautiful (historic) hotel to be used for weddings all along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards