Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Let's try...

A Monday morning poll Cool

1. How did you and your DF/DH meet?
2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday:
3. Any guilty pleasures?
4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day?
5. One of your proudest moments in your life?
6. Thong or bikini?
7. How would you describe your wardrobe?

Ready....go!
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Let's try...

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? We were both on the College Program Internship at Walt Disney World (in Orlando) and we met there. It just so happened we were both from PA and I had just transferred to Philly for school! The rest, as they say, is history.

2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Omg - there are SO many good ones, but I think my fav is MJ ft Chris Tucker - You Rock My World

3. Any guilty pleasures? I am a reality tv junkie - addicted to trashy reality tv! lol

4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? A ton... we are basically on differnt work schedules so texting is really the only way we talk during the day/night

5. One of your proudest moments in your life? Probably when I graduated from college. My dad was sick at the time and couldn't make it so my mom and brother were on the phone with him when my name was annoucned so he could feel like he was there...

6. Thong or bikini? Thong

7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Jcrew... I'm basically obsessed with everything from that store.
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll bite.

1.  We hated each other in junior high school, and one of my closest friends had a crush on him and I couldn't for the life of me understand why.  I hated his guts for like the first 3 years we knew each other.
    2.  Thriller, but I don't know if it's because of the video or because of the song itself.
    3.  Trashy reality TV-- we've discussed this before but Teen Mom & Jersey Shore are awesome.  Also, Taco Bell probably counts as a guilty pleasure.
    4.  Very few, though it will be more now that I'm back in school.
    5.  Either graduating from undergrad or getting into law school.
    6.  Bikini
    7.  .... Extensive?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? We met at Doc's in Shadyside. There's a whole long story about it, but the gist is that one of our mutual friends invited both of us out that night with the hopes of setting us up.

2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Hmmm...Man in the Mirror or Bad

3. Any guilty pleasures? Teen Mom on MTV...and fast food.

4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? Maybe 5? We talk on Gmail mostly.

5. One of your proudest moments in your life? So, in Pitt's greek life, there is this award called the Cathedral Cup. It's pretty much the most prestigious award a house can win. So, my proudest moment was winning the Cup my senior year and also winning recruitment awards that year.

6. Thong or bikini? Bikini

7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Casual. I have exactly one pair of dress pants and a few dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? Met several times throughout life, but officially met in college. 2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: in minority here, but can't stand him 3. Any guilty pleasures? Expensive purses 4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? We bbm. Idk, maybe 10 each way? 5. One of your proudest moments in your life? Law school graduation/wedding 6. Thong or bikini? Depends on the pants/skirt. 7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Neutral and eclectic. All mostly neutral colors, but everything from prim pantsuits to slutty tops!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_lets-try?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:a98863b2-21a5-4c8b-8cf7-3d2da57dd89bPost:6cca31f1-8c15-46bd-abcd-6a249efdfd59">Let's try...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A Monday morning poll 1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? 2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: 3. Any guilty pleasures? 4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? 5. One of your proudest moments in your life? 6. Thong or bikini? 7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Ready....go!
    Posted by duqcheer04[/QUOTE]

I'll play Meg :)

1. We met at work. Very scandalous. ;)
    2. My Fav MJ song (I have way too many) is Rock With You
    3. Tough One. How about my guilty pleasure Tv? Teen Mom on MTV. I can't stop watching,
    4. I text him all the time because of his wrok schedule we dont' get to see each other a lot.
    5. I have paid off two cars on my own.  
    6. Thong. heheh :)
    7. Boring lately!
    image.
  • anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    -I was living in a small town in Kansas for the summer after my freshman year of college. The friend I was rooming with took me to meet some of her old friends at the lake and FI was there. I wasn't interested in meeting a guy at all, but we hit it off right away and he was very persistent.

-I love MJ and so many of his songs. I would have to say my favorite is Smooth Criminal (I know, kind of strange and morbid).

3. Any guilty pleasures?

-Jersey Shore! One of my BMs and I watch it every week.

-Since we are long distance right now (which is so new and strange for us) we talk on the phone a few times a day. We text a small amount.

-Def graduating from college and passing NCLEX.

6. Thong or bikini?
    -Either depending on my mood and outfit.

-
    Me! I don't really have a style. I do love to layer...
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met in college... I was the RA on the floor and he was one of my students (but we are the same year, so maybe not so scandalous?)  We became friends early and started dating right at the end of junior year.

Hmm...

3. Any guilty pleasures?

Bridezillas.

We've been long distance for 3 years, but we talk and skype more than text.  Maybe 1.

Finishing my first triathlon!

6. Thong or bikini? 
    bikini

-
    Um...plain?  I still dress like I'm in college because I work in a lab and no one cares.  T-shirts, jeans..no sweats though.
  • yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? he bought me a drink at the bar
    2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: I don't have one.. sorry!
    3. Any guilty pleasures? wasting time on the internet
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? we text during his lunch break and sporadically throughout the day
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life? so far - graduating college. I went through absolute hell my senior semester and nearly didn't graduate, so I'm proud of myself for pulling through and making it happen
    6. Thong or bikini? depends on the outfit
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Work is from the Limited and outside of work is generally jeans and a tshirt or top, depending.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay, I'll play Meg!  :D

We met on the first day of college (actually our "meeting anniversary" is on Wednesday!  9 years, OMG!)  He dated my freshman roommate casually for a month or so and we became really good friends that year.  We started dating the following September.  :)

Hmmm.  Lame, but most likely Will You Be There.  Yeah, from Free Willy.  :P  Don't judge.

3. Any guilty pleasures?

Like PPs, trashy reality TV for surrrrrrrre.   Others:  candy, a glass of wine after the baby is in bed and facebook.  :)

Maybe like 10?  More if he isn't working or is with the little guy.  

The first moment I held my son after he was born.  Awwww.  He's the best thing I've ever done.  

6. Thong or bikini? 

Bikini.  

Outdated.  ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Fun!
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? at work - not quite scandilous though .. a lot of people at my old job dated and also got married..its the profession i guess (public acctng)
    i heart PYT (pretty young thing)
    3. Any guilty pleasures? Giant Eagle French Onion chip dip. not kidding i think i have an addiction to it...i've started to only eat it when DF isn't home because i feel he judges me...lol.
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? he hates texts.. sooo maybe 1
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life? finding out i passed the CPA exam - lame i know but that was two years of hell and it felt good to finally pass...
    6. Thong or bikini? thong. unless i'm at the beach then bikini ;)
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe? hmmm I would say i'm more classically styled than trendy...

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KRM I like that song too!  I was seriously going to write that but felt it was super lame.

I also just realized I didnt answer the question... so if not that song I like dont stop til you get enough.
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DB:  Your proudest moment is totally not lame, my mom is trying to pass her CPA exam at the moment, and this is the most stressed out I've ever seen her in my entire life.  It's a BFD.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? We were both in Greek Life and his fraternity and my sorority were very close.  He was dating someone else (coincidently named Megan) when we met, they broke up and he waited for me to break up with my bf before he "pursued" me!
    2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Billie Jean or Bad
    3. Any guilty pleasures? Shoe shopping or checking FB a billion times a day.
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? We BBM, but maybe 4 times a week, we email 2-3 times a day.
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life? Receiving a leadership award from Duquesne, one of 6 recipients from the graduating class.
    6. Thong or bikini? Bikini
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Preppy and coordinated
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    We met in college....I was a freshman and he was a sophomore, we were both on the swim team.

Beat It

3. Any guilty pleasures?

Bad reality TV.  I'm an especially big fan of Bridezillas!

We don't really text much during the day.  We've started emailing alot though.

Finishing my summer-intensive grad school program, and surviving!

6. Thong or bikini? 
    Bikini.

Small.....I desperately need new clothes....

I created one of those little ticker things, but can't figure out how to attach it to the bottom of this message!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    db- I seriously lol about your secret chip dip eating! Maybe one day DF will understand your love Smile

Planning Bio

• dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Ash - Thanks for the vote of confidence! Again, it took me a full few min to understand BFD. i think i need to just go back to bed and start over ..my brain isn't keeping up with life..

duq - yesterday DF went golfing ... so my afternoon consisted of chip dip and an SVU marathon... it was wonderful lol. Hopefully someday he'll understand why i buy a tub of the chip dip weekly. not kidding.

• ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    His twin brother was dating my best friend.
    Billie Jean for sure
    3. Any guilty pleasures?
    Anything pumpkin :-) I just bought giant eagle's pumpkin gobs yesterday.. so great 6 weeks away from the big day.
    Maybe 3 or 4
    Graduating undergrad a year early
    6. Thong or bikini?
    Depends on the outfit
    Too many business clothes and not enough sexy.. something I am working on :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'll bite: 

1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? Online.

2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday?  Human Nature, hands down my favorite.

3. Any guilty pleasures? Ben and Jerry's.  I actually just grabbed a pint at Wawa on my way home from Lowe's.

4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? Depends.  If he's in town, one or two.  If he's out of town 20-30 (it's easier than calling)

5. One of your proudest moments in your life? The day I defended my thesis and received my degree.

6. Thong or bikini? Bikini.  Having a wedge all day long is not fun, no matter how many people think it is.

7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Currently, enormous (in a size way, not a quantity way).  Normally, kind of bland and nondescript.
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? Matrix  - 8 years ago
    2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Rock with you.
    3. Any guilty pleasures? TV - Bachelor, Bachelorette and now the Bachelor Pad and FB
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? BBM mostly or email rarely do we text.
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life? the day I moved out of my parents house!  It will be 16 years on Sept. 1st.
    6. Thong or bikini? both
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe? very boring!
    image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? I was the assistant manager at Starbucks -- he was my customer and finally asked me out to dinner one day!
    2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Not really a HUGE fan... but I would have to say Billy Jean. 
    3. Any guilty pleasures? Rod Stewart
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? It depends on the day.  Sometimes just two -- sometimes 20!
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life?  College graduation.
    6. Thong or bikini? ThongI figure if it's going to make its way there anyway, why not just put it there from the get-go!?
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe?  Black and simple.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? My friend's going away party... I had a few drinks, went to talk to him, he bought me more drinks, we made out at the bar, you know...
    2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Hmmm... what's that song at the end of Center Stage? I love that one. I also enjoy Thriller, Scream, Man in the Mirror, etc...
    3. Any guilty pleasures? Teen Mom for sure
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? Not many, we talk on IM during the day, then I see him at night.
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life? One day I was walking by the Capitol and realized that career wise I was doing what I've always wanted to do, was living on my own in DC, and had fantastic friends and at that time BF. Things just seemed so awesome, it kind of sunk in at once.
    6. Thong or bikini? Bikini, unless wearing dress pants then thong.
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe? boring and non trendy.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm very late to this but still want to play:-)
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? At work-I was the self-contained teacher for the emotionally disturbed kids, he was the inclusion teacher for the emotionally disturbed kids.  We spent a lot of time restraining kids together.
    2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: Thriller
    3. Any guilty pleasures? Eating half the cookie dough before I make cookies
    4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? Usually about 3-one in the morning, one at lunch time, then one at some other random time.
    5. One of your proudest moments in your life?When my fellow teachers voted me teacher of the year.
    6. Thong or bikini? Bikini
    7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Boring and Blue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you and your DF/DH meet? My friend was going to PSU to visit some friends from high school.  A few of us from college went with her to visit and stay the weekend.  My FI was there hanging out and we started talking.  Nothing came from it because he had a gf at the time, but we ended up dating a few months after they broke up. 

2. What is your favorite Michael Jackson song, IHO his birthday yesterday: I don't have a favorite

3. Any guilty pleasures? Teen Mom and Jersey Shore

4. How many texts do you send DF/DH a day? Usually anywhere from 1-5... it depends on how busy we are.

5. One of your proudest moments in your life? Moving to Philly without knowing anyone. 

6. Thong or bikini? bikini most of the time.

7. How would you describe your wardrobe? Lacking... I lost a lot of weight within the past year so I've had to buy everything again.  I'm not looking foward to fall because I have no clothing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late as always, but this is my "done with homework and didn't go out tonight" reward :)

We've known each other since infancy!  His mom and my mom were good friends since they met in law school, and we saw each other at least once or twice a year since I was 1 month old and he was 5 months old.

The Way You Make Me Feel

3. Any guilty pleasures?
    Haha, TK, now that I'm an old married lady!

Not many, 2-5

Currently- getting into and working hard at this grad school program

6. Thong or bikini?
    All thong, all the time.  I seriously cannot comprehend wearing underwear that gets scrunched up under pants/ shows VPL

Colorful, eclectic, elegant, fun

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards