North Carolina-Outer Banks

Invitation Help

Have any of you DIY'ed your invitations??? I really need to start working on mine but don't know where to start. I have looked everywhere for "beach" invites( I just want our colors with a starfish..is that too much to ask?) Also looking for pocket invites.
I thought doing these myself would save some money and this way I can get exactly what I want. If anyone has any sggestions for me, websites with "how to" or your own pics of invites I would greatly appreciate it.
I need to have these done in the next week or so!!!! Don't when I will have time but I will do it.   Thanks Ladies/Gent
*Planning my son's 1st bday, has become top priority but that's over this weekend, and it's back to wedding stuff*

Re: Invitation Help

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are your colors?  I made my own because I wanted to use the Stardream pearlescent card stock and paper, and I wanted the pocket to go in a certain direction.  I also had a lot of information to cram in. I ordered some supplies from Paper-Source and some from Cards and Pockets.  I had C&P custom cut the blue card stock to 10x13 and then I made a template and made the trifold pocket folds myself with glue strips and dots.  I bought Japanese paper to make the envelope liners and belly bands.  You can do kangaroo pocket folds that are really affordable (see below).  Posting pics of mine (this one's in French, I did them in 3 languages).  If you do them yourself, check these sites for paper:

cardsandpockets
    lcipaper
    paperandmore
    paper-source

Here are some simple kangaroo pocket folds:

This one looks fairly simple and beachy:

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!! i will check out the sites.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I actually DIY'ed my invitations and they had a starfish theme and they are pocket inserts as well.  Actually, all of the credit goes to Bboo as she is the creative one in the family....I have even been told that I am "not allowed" to address the invites b/c of my chicken-scratch, lol.

We purchased all of the materials from Michaels and used a nice cardstock for the RSVP, Reception Card, Accommodations and Directions. 

• edited December 2011

OBX...I love these!!!!! Don't mind if I "steal" your inspiration!! We are doing starfish too and the blue(little different shade)!!!!!!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You are more than welcome to use it :)  BoderBoo is really the one to ask any questions too b/c she is the one that came up with this.  I would have never thought to do them this way....she has talent that one :)

The starfish cutout is a "stamp puncher" from Michaels, in the Martha Stewart section. 

• edited December 2011
    OMG you guys have such talent :)  I'm so jealous.  We are sending 150 invites....ugh....so I don't think I could stand doing them myself.  Especially not with a two year old and a newborn (coming in the next month...wish me luck!)  I wanted pocket invites but they are just too expensive.  I found some Wilton ones I like on clearance at Walmart.  I hear Wilton are easy to print so we are doing that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • amabeanamabean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ parwulski- I am IMPRESSED by your craftiness!!  The invitations look amazing! Cannot believe that is DIY(japanese paper lined envelopes!)..might want to consider a side business :)
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:a6417591-3857-4677-8e94-e6283537bc6bPost:777dce23-1970-49e9-817c-0f67a8ddb40b">Re: Invitation Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ parwulski- I am IMPRESSED by your craftiness!!  The invitations look amazing! Cannot believe that is DIY(japanese paper lined envelopes!)..might want to consider a side business :)
    Posted by amabean[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  That's kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards