Indiana-Indianapolis

Wedding Cake

Is anyone else having a REALLY hard time trying to find a GOOD wedding cake around Indy? I've tried a ton from all over the area and can't seem to find one that doesn't taste like boxed cake! I want my wedding cake to look good, but really the taste is more important. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Cake

• shadasta5shadasta5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at a tasting last night at Montage...Kahn's Catering.  Everything I tasted was so good and they are known for their food, but not necessarily their cakes.  So I was expecting ho-hum, run of the mill wedding cake, but it was delicious... it was white cake with white chocolate buttercream filling.  The only thing is, I don't know if Khans does just wedding cakes and if they do, what kind of cost is involved.  Our cake is part of the food and beverage package.
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you wanting a cake with fondant frosting?  Fondant tastes terrible, buttercream would be a better option.
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Cakes By Donna. She doesn't have a website yet but her phone number is 856-4972. We are using her and are having chocolate cake with chocolate truffle filling and it is to die for. She is very near Southwestway Park and her prices aren't outrageous. I am pretty particular when it comes to cakes since I am known for baking. Another couple of really good bakers are Todd by Thomas Cake Creation: www.toddbythomascom and Heavenly Sweets Cakes: www.heavenlysweetscakes.com They are both really good but they are pricey as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Heavenly Sweets in Noblesville is delicious! They don't use fondant but their icing still has a smooth look.

www.heavenlysweetscakes.com
  • cmcurriscmcurris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to take a look, thanks!

and, I'm looking for a butter cream cake, I agree Vicki, fondant isn't very good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tulip Treats in Greenwood has delicious cake. Their french vanilla is amazing. Their chocolate was really good too and I have never been a fan of chocolate cake.
  • azchkyazchky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh... that Todd by Thomas' cake is AMAZING!  But, WAY too pricey for us.  We are using Simply Perfection Cakes.  The cake is REALLY good, and she really understood our ideas and was able to make them come to life on the scetches.  I cannot wait to see our cake in November.  She is a really nice lady named Rose, if you are interested, I know shes got a website, but her number is 317-473-2437.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Sweet Tooth Bakery-she's located in downtown Indy. Here's her website www.sweettoothbakery.com. Cakes really good and she agreed to make us a fake cake for display and a sheet cake to match for the guests. I couldn't find anyone else to do it. Here's a pic of what our cake will look like. Good luck!

image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mfoster5mfoster5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I am also using sweet tooth bakery, she is amazing! her flavors are great, the icing is great. we even bought cupcakes and waited a few days and they were still good!
  • S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HEAVENLY SWEETS...
    check them out! We tasted their cake at a bridal show, the butter cake is to DIE FOR! We will be using them if the cateerer's cake isn't as good.
    YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAKE!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards