New Hampshire

30 Day Shred

I finally started working out!!  Smile    I did the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred last night. I can't lie...it was tough. I am a little stiff today but I am going to stick with it for the 30 days.
Anniversary

Re: 30 Day Shred

• edited December 2011
    Good for you! :) I have that one but I'm doing Hip Hop Abs right now. It's so much fun but gets pretty difficult sometimes!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    Nice! 

I've been using a Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire and a few Jillian ones.  30 Day got me ready for Chalean.

I lost 6 pounds and a bunch of inches from the 30 Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Jillian!  I own all her videos!  You go girl!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you!
    Anniversary
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How on earth do ya'll keep finding the motivation to do those day after day?  I have one I borrowed from my FSIL that I really like, but I just can't find it in me to do it as often as I want and should.  I'd rather sleep in than do it before work, I'd rather rest and relax than do it after work, I come up with better things to do on my days off, and I feel too self-conscious to do it in front of FI.  And yet I just wind up feeling fat and out of shape without it!

HOW DO YOU DO IT?!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_30-day-shred?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:082ad533-9726-4826-a569-0b862e3a2b4fPost:70244c48-341b-4839-b4e3-2e0f34749986">Re: 30 Day Shred</a>:
    [QUOTE]How on earth do ya'll keep finding the motivation to do those day after day?  I have one I borrowed from my FSIL that I really like, but I just can't find it in me to do it as often as I want and should.  I'd rather sleep in than do it before work, I'd rather rest and relax than do it after work, I come up with better things to do on my days off, and I feel too self-conscious to do it in front of FI.  And yet I just wind up feeling fat and out of shape without it! HOW DO YOU DO IT?!
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

<div>I get like this too...with everything EXCEPT for Hip Hob Abs by Shaun T. I LOVE doing this work out...seriously. It's like dancing...it's great and it flies by!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_30-day-shred?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:082ad533-9726-4826-a569-0b862e3a2b4fPost:70244c48-341b-4839-b4e3-2e0f34749986">Re: 30 Day Shred</a>:
    [QUOTE]How on earth do ya'll keep finding the motivation to do those day after day?  I have one I borrowed from my FSIL that I really like, but I just can't find it in me to do it as often as I want and should.  I'd rather sleep in than do it before work, I'd rather rest and relax than do it after work, I come up with better things to do on my days off, and I feel too self-conscious to do it in front of FI.  And yet I just wind up feeling fat and out of shape without it! HOW DO YOU DO IT?!
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

I am not one of those people that enjoys exercise. I have a long standing pattern of committing to a program for a week and then quitting. I have tried getting up early and also tried after work. I am self conscious about working out in front of FI too. 

I decided to use the wedding (65 days eek!) as motivation.  I gave myself a little pep talk. I am the only one who can change the things I don't like about myself. I have to stop "dialing it in"  if I want to see change.  I have only done this for 2 days but I am determined to stick with it for 30 days.

And for the record...I am SORE but it feels good because I know it is what I need to be doing.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how y'all do it, either! Ahh! I would love to get some videos, but I live on the second floor and I'm paranoid about stomping around! Eeep! Hip Hop Abs sounds fun, though. Anything that's more like dancing that tricks me into exercising...that's for me!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards