African American Weddings

Ever feel liking saying FORGET IT and eloping?

My FI and I have a very strong relationship. However, this wedding planning has us bickering almost every day- over the smallest things. i am really to the point where I want to say forget it and just go to Vegas or something!! Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Ever feel liking saying FORGET IT and eloping?

• edited December 2011
    Yep.  In fact, I wanted to have a very small destination wedding that only a very select few people would know anything about.  But FI wanted all of the bells and whistles.  Well, a week ago, he confessed that he wished we had done things my way.  While we are excited for the day, the planning is causing us a bit of stress.
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's normal I think. My friend went through the same feelings.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Helllzz yes !! But its not so much fi and I. Its more the demands and interference from our families. Sometimes I just want to put my mom, fi and I on a plan and get married on the beach alone.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011

We are having a small destination wedding in Jamaica and it has been completely stress-free. I was stressed out from being in others weddings, so I knew I would be a bridezilla. My FI wanted a large wedding, but when he found out how much it would cost, he quickly changed his mind!

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Daily.
  • edited December 2011
    yes, I actuslly have been telling my FI that for the last 3 wks, but he's not having it.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I have been ok through the planning process but I can tell he's reached his limit. I think I pushed him over the wedding planning edge when I sent him to our reception venue with our DOC to do a final planning session w/out me. But, all the other stuff has gotten me to the point where I'm wishing we had just decided to elope.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys- I feel much better now
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, this is a daily struggle. and yes, FI is wishing we had just done this in Jamaica!!
  • resacup78resacup78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Every hour of the day this thought comes across my mind! LOL. I never wanted a big wedding but FI and his family were totally against anything less. I finally started to get into all the planning but sometimes I just want to throw in the towel and say forget it, let's go to the courthouse/justice of the peace and then head to a secluded island.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl, yeah!  Especially in the beginning because we bickered all of the time too.  But he's over it now, and everything is almost planned and we've put too much down on deposits, and can't get our money back, so "Aint no stopping us nooooooow!"
  • edited December 2011

*Sigh*  It's so funny that women are painted as obsessed with weddings, because I never wanted anything more than to elope with a good photographer present. 

FI, of course, wants a wedding, like all of the men that I know...  So our compromise is a private, just us wedding (I still call it eloping, even though we have set a date.  No one knows the location, and that's how it stays!), and a reception thrown by my parents in their local city.  I would move heaven and earth to get out of it, but I shouldn't complain, since I have very little to do with it at all... it's moreso happening to me.  Also, my dad plans to crash our elopement... Yell

• edited December 2011
    Everyday!! Glad to know..my feelings are normal. We went to Vegas in December and I kept saying let's just get married while we're here...
    He's response...Do you have the rings? Although, he was married before, he still wants a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards