Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Family roles

Hey all! I have two questions

I;m in a bit of trouble with how to include my fiancee's sisters. Two are 6 and 8 years older than i am and the other is a year older than me. And i'm closer with the one who is older than me by a year.
I don't know them that well and have some others that i'd like to include in my WP. I know my finacee is including two of his brother-in-law's in his WP.

Is there any other roles that i can give them to include them, i don't want to offend anyone. i"m thinking of asking the one who is older than me by a year to be a Bridesmaid but don't want to offend the other two.

Now on to my other question, my fiancee has 4 nieces and 2 nephews. I am planning on having one niece be the flower girl since we're closer to her and her mom. But the 3 are either to young or a little to old. And as for ringbearer i want to ask my cousin, since i've baby-sat him his whole life.

Basically, my questions are is there anyway to include everyone without offending everyone or am i out of luck?

Re: Family roles

• Unless you want a ginormous wedding party I don't think there is a way to include everyone. As for the 3 little nieces that are to young or old. I think ya'lls brothers and sisters will understand why they were not included. For the ringbearer it is ok that you have your cousin instead of the nephews. That is who you are closest to. As for your fiancés two older sisters they could do the readings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't struggle to find jobs for everybody. You could buy the sisters corsages and include them in the wedding photos. Do not separate them from their husbands for the reception. (I'm assuming the BILs are their husbands). You could ask if any of them would like to do a reading during the ceremony. Other than that, just let them enjoy being guests at your wedding.

As far as the kids go, you shouldn't worry about it, unless your Fi wants to include them. If he does, just let them wear their Sunday best and walk down the aisle ahead of the processional.

• I dont think you need to include everyone from his family that would get crazy. Choose who ever you want. And the other sisters will understand. As for the nieces and nephews. Include a couple of them and thats it. You dont want a billioin kids running around everywhere. IMO!
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • I'm kind of surprised that your FI feels closer to his BILs than his sisters. Why did he ask THEM to be in the WP and not his sisters?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards