Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: ZZ

• Options
    Absolutely not. You are in no position to tell a grown woman what to wear. Plus, if she does look identical to you (which I believe to be near impossible as every one knows who the bride is) she is the one who looks like a weirdo, not you.
  • Options
    It's not like she's wearing a wedding dress.  Also, I've never heard that the bride's mother picks her dress first.  This does not sound worth getting worked up over.
  • Options
    I mean...I would HATE if this happened to me.  When my FMIL asked me what she should wear, the first thing I said was "Not white."  But honestly, she is going to look so stupid if she wears the same colors as you.  Maybe your FI can be like, "Mom, you can't do that, it's really poor form," or something?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would never tell my MIL what to wear. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Yeah, so maybe it was a jerk move on her part. But she's the one who's going to look dumb, not you. If you wind up with pics that you love, but the colors look awful with the two of your together, get them printed in black and white. Or get it black and white with your dress colorized to accent the red.
  • Options
    I don't see where she'd doing anything wrong that would give you reason to pick your battles.  

There's nothing wrong with the MOG wearing a red and white dress to the wedding.  
  • Options
    Deleting because you suck, sucks.
  • Options
    Well, we should have saw that one coming.

No one quoted so the CN are: Basically Op's mother bought a red and white dress that matches the brides white dress with red accents. OP was actually not BSC about it and wanted to know when to pick her battles about telling her MIL what to do. Since none of the responses were inflammatory I am wondering WTF went on here, but obviously a little constructive criticism was too much for OP to handle. Brat.
  • Options
    WHy the need to delete?
    Now someone else is going to come along and ask the same question and we're not going to be able to tell them to scroll to this thread.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Top?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Meg, but what does this have to do with ZZ Top? Or did you all make her sleepy with your advice?

ETA: Jinx Sucrets!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_picking-battles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85d31391-5375-40c0-9fcd-b3ec1149b593Post:839fc861-82c8-4e59-9654-42d6c10f9022">Re: ZZ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Meg, but what does this have to do with ZZ Top? Or did you all make her sleepy with your advice? ETA: Jinx Sucrets!
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Get out of my head!!!!!!!

• Options
    you two need to stop being all funny and witty and shiit. she asked a SERIOUS question and she deserves a serious answer right?

oh wait, she deleted and negated our helpful answers. douche.
  • Options
    Meg - I didn't even get a chance to read it.  ::sniff::

• Options
    I am so sick of babies deleting their threads.
  • Options
    ZZ

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_picking-battles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85d31391-5375-40c0-9fcd-b3ec1149b593Post:c3052fe4-2354-4fdb-84bd-281cb0249645">Re: ZZ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so sick of babies deleting their threads.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I'd be pretty impressed if my baby could delete a thread...I mean, she's not even born yet!

• Options
    Duren where are you??? Chances are you are still checking this thread like a scared little beebee. Come out come out and explain yourself. Grow some ballz as my 15 year old nephew would say.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_picking-battles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85d31391-5375-40c0-9fcd-b3ec1149b593Post:0527a6eb-0abb-4ce5-8b48-0a3268b6c2e3">Re: ZZ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZZ : I'd be pretty impressed if my baby could delete a thread...I mean, she's not even born yet!
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure even a fetus would know how immature it is to delete.

• Options
    Good point, BG.

• Options
    Was she the one who was wearing a red/white dress for her wedding and her MIL picked a red/white dress too?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_picking-battles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85d31391-5375-40c0-9fcd-b3ec1149b593Post:868db11d-aa1e-498d-b813-703a638bced1">Re: ZZ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was she the one who was wearing a red/white dress for her wedding and her MIL picked a red/white dress too?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Yes.
  • Options
    Sorry, sookie. I didn't see your response.

My unfertilized eggs are capable of deleting posts, so surely a baby can. ;)
  • Options
    Sookie, your kid is developmentally delayed.  She should be able to read posts by now.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I cannot believe how mean people can get on these! 
    Calling someone a "douche" because they deleted their post? 
    Really?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards