Connecticut

Sandals Question

for those of you who stayed at sandals...what type of room did you get? What does it mean to have the concierge level? Also, what about room service--I see that they are only in certain rooms.

also...which one did you go to?? We're thinking Antigua, but now I'm starting to think that the Jamaica resorts look nice..only I went there on a cruise, and didn't have the best time, so I think my idea of Jamaica is tainted.

I'll take any recommendations from anyone who has been to an all inclusive adults only resort..i think we're leaning more towards sandals  because its adults only..

thanks!
TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
Baby Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sandals Question

• AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our honeymoon to Sandals Grande St. Lucia.  We booked the Honeymoon Oceanfront Luxury Room.  Friends of ours who have gone to Sandals said they thought they wasted their money on the conceirge level room b/c the "concierge" service was basically non-existant.  They said there weren't many perks except that they didn't have to sign up for their tours themselves.  So, we chose to save a bit of money and not book a concierge level room.  We stayed at the Royal Bahamian years ago and stayed in the lowest level room and even it was really nice. I think they all will look nice; you just have to decide if you want the extras that are included in the higher end rooms. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • acapalboacapalbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged at the Sandals in Antigua and would totally recommend it!  We stayed in the "older" part of the resort in the lowest category and go for it. The newer part was more like a hotel and less private, we had a semi private pool and hot tub right outside our room, close to the beach and restaurants but not high traffic.  We went into one of the private bungalo/ round-things, forget what they are called, but the couple staying there didn't think it was worth the extra money.  Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our honeymoon at Sandals in St. Lucia. We are staying at the Grande for a few days and the Regency for a few days. At the Regency we have a 'regular' room and at the Grande we have concierge. In addition to the tour booking mentioned above, I know the concierge rooms come with a fully stocked fridge with water, juices, alcohol, etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Sandals Grande St Lucia for our honeymoon in October.  It was phenomenal!  We did go for the concirge level room which was nice, but definitel not necessary and we probably would not have done it if we were paying for it ourselves.  The perks were that you were checked in and booked everything through the concierge lounge, had a fully stocked bar in the room (which only included well liquors and beer..I think you could request champagne) and free room service.  We didn't spend much time in our room, so we didn't really go through as much of the bar as we initially thought we would.  Though the concierge lounge and attendants were nice, it would be have been easy to book everything ourselves.  Although, I have heard that if you are arriving with a very large group, the check-in was much smoother in the concierge level.  Free room service was very nice since I ordered a pizza in the middle of almost every night.  BUT it's just as easy to order the same food from the restaurants at the resort and have it to go and bring it to your room.  The price difference is substantial, so as I said, we most likely will not book concierge level when we go to the Jamaica Whitehouse this year.
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you girls!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We stayed at the Sandals Regency in December for our HM and it was awesome! We booked a butler level suite--and LOVED it. We didn't have to lift a finger to do anything. Any time we wanted anything(drinks, food, whatever)--on the beach, at the pool whatever, wherever--our butlers got it for us. We had the fully stocked bar and room service too--LOVED the room service. We did breakfast on our balcony and in bed quite a few times. I also liked being able to order food whenever we wanted--the restaurants aren't open all the time obviously.

• edited December 2011
    We stayed at the royal bahamian for our July honeymoon. We stayed in one level above the cheapest room. It was fine. I thought the room was really nice. I was a little jealous of the people with a butler though because they didn't have to fight for a seat by the pool as their butlers reserved them. We got really sick of the food by the end of our 6 night stay but it was worth not having to carry cash around or worry about were to eat..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards