Illinois-Chicago

Dress Press?

Hi Ladies - am hoping someone has a recommendation... 

I live in Chicago but purchased my dress in Cincinnati (alterations are being done there, too).  I'll be looking to have the dress pressed here before the wedding but the places I've called only offer that service if the gown was purchased (or altered) at their store.

A tip from an old post led me to Davis Imperial Cleaners but the cost for pressing is around $350 (which completely surprised me).  They definitely have a great reputation (and the free pick-up and delivery is nice and all) but $350 was totally NOT was I was expecting.

Has anyone been in a similar situation where they have taken their dress to get pressed only?  Would love any/all recommendations.  Thanks in advance!!

Re: Dress Press?

• edited December 2011
    Try calling my seamstress, Sara Ciliberto 847-540-7600. I am guessing she will be about $75 or so?? I think that is what she charged me, but I also had my alterations done there. But I can't imagine it being too much. Be careful and take it to a reputable place so they don't use the wrong method to press it.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    I used the same person as sgylling and was charged $75. It looks great and I can't wait to wear it!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards