West Virginia

Alterations/Cleaning Services

I bought my wedding dress used, and it has a small dirt stain on the train. It also needs hemmed. Does anyone know of a dry cleaning service that could hem the dress and clean it in the Charleston/Huntington area. I'm even willing to go as far as Beckley or Ripley for quality service. Thanks =)
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Alterations/Cleaning Services

• edited December 2011
    A dry cleaner in Beckley, Warrenizing Cleaners, recommended Nu Way Cleaners on MacCorkle Ave in Charleston to clean & preserve my dress.  This is who they used to send their dresses out too.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I know where Nu Way is. Did they do a good job?
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't taken mine yet.  I am taking it to them after this Sunday since we're doing outdoor Bridal Portraits back at the same park & lake we were married at. 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and the seamstress that did all my alterations was at a Nandel's Bridal shop in Eleanor.  I have personal her number if you want to contact her about hemming the dress. She did a great job on all my alterations and a hem for a 5 layer Alfred Angelo 1612 dress was $65.  The hem for my bridemaids dresses were $25.  Its 304 727 9918, see if she will work with you outside the shop.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Warneb03Warneb03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend South Hills Cleaners at Ashton Place. They have an alterations lady on premise (Tita) and she did an amazing job on my dress - and it was very reasonable. They are going to clean and steam the dress as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards