Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?

Hi ladies!

My ceremony will be at 11:00 in the morning, and my FI suggested that we have a coffee bar for the guests in the lobby area before the ceremony starts. It does fit in with us given that we are both coffee addicts (I know I will grab a cup, if it's available - I just can't pass it by).=(

But my question is.. do you think this is a good idea? I'm just not 100% sure.. I don't want guests to bring coffee to the sanctuary where the ceremony will take place. Should I just skip it? If this is sitll a good idea, what else would you serve with coffee? Some juice...? The wedding is in March in Michigan - so it will be still pretty cold. I don't think we would want to do any breakfast items, but am open to any ideas. 

Thanks for your help!! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?

• I think this is a nice idea, and helps guests warm up who are coming out of the cold.  Is it okay with your venue?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_coffee-bar-before-the-morning-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:34da474a-4310-4e48-8495-3199c70c17fePost:7785ad0c-f08d-4f1a-857e-d9afe51cdff7">Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this is a nice idea, and helps guests warm up who are coming out of the cold.  Is it okay with your venue?
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I think it's a great idea.  We had water and lemonade available (July, 5:30 p.m. ceremony) for guests.  Almost everyone had a glass.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_coffee-bar-before-the-morning-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:34da474a-4310-4e48-8495-3199c70c17fePost:3d055b44-a476-414f-bfbf-93b93ca5c7a5">Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! My ceremony will be at 11:00 in the morning, and my FI suggested that we have a coffee bar for the guests in the lobby area before the ceremony starts. It does fit in with us given that we are both coffee addicts (I know I will grab a cup, if it's available - I just can't pass it by).=( But my question is.. do you think this is a good idea? I'm just not 100% sure.. I don't want guests to bring coffee to the sanctuary where the ceremony will take place. Should I just skip it? If this is sitll a good idea, what else would you serve with coffee? Some juice...? The wedding is in March in Michigan - so it will be still pretty cold. I don't think we would want to do any breakfast items, but am open to any ideas.  Thanks for your help!! =)
    Posted by minko1986[/QUOTE]

I think it sounds like a great idea. But, is there a gathering spot/seats outside of the sanctuary?  If not, I'd probably skip it.     You'll also have to make sure that people know not to bring their cup into the ceremony location.  This may be with a sign/ushers, etc., but if you don't tell them, you will probably have people inside with cups of coffee. 
  • I agree that it's a great idea!
  • Oh this would be my favorite wedding ever.
    We are HUGE coffee drinkers and my mom was upset that we weren't going to have coffee at our reception that started roughly at 8pm.

Great idea!
  • I would definitely have a cup or two of coffee. We're actually having our caterer bring out an espresso bar after dinner to go along with the dessert table. 
  • Laides - so after an overwhelming number of positive feedback, we are having a coffee bar!! =) We are just thinking we will serve coffee along with some timbits (my other obsession). I just can't wait to see how this will turn out. Thanks for your feedback!!!!
  • I think its great. Its unique, it represents you and your FI and I think most guests would enjoy it. If you could I would also include Hot Chocolate or Tea for those who are not coffee fans :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_coffee-bar-before-the-morning-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:34da474a-4310-4e48-8495-3199c70c17fePost:7a6ba789-f386-4465-a4cc-4bde6592cf56">Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think its great. Its unique, it represents you and your FI and I think most guests would enjoy it. If you could I would also include Hot Chocolate or Tea for those who are not coffee fans :)
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yes, of course to hot chocolate and tea!! Just forgot to mention them. =)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_coffee-bar-before-the-morning-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:34da474a-4310-4e48-8495-3199c70c17fePost:c3f7665f-e110-4866-83a7-d2049d784953">Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony? : Oh yes, of course to hot chocolate and tea!! Just forgot to mention them. =)
    Posted by minko1986[/QUOTE]

And cocoa. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_coffee-bar-before-the-morning-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:34da474a-4310-4e48-8495-3199c70c17fePost:4780da09-43fa-4b40-8622-c33be4ca379f">Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony? : And cocoa. :)
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

Aren't cocoa and hot chocolate the same thing? Maybe it's regional. I call it hot chocolate, but if someone says "hot cocoa," I understand it to mean the same thing.

Anyway, I agree with PPs. I'd be pretty psyched if I arrived at a morning wedding and there was coffee there. Awesome idea!

As far as a way to get people to finish/discard their coffee before entering the sanctuary--I would put a trash can by the entrance, maybe with a cute sign saying something like, "Bottoms up! Empties go here." I think most people will get the hint.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coffee bar before the morning ceremony? : Aren't cocoa and hot chocolate the same thing? Maybe it's regional. I call it hot chocolate, but if someone says "hot cocoa," I understand it to mean the same thing. Anyway, I agree with PPs. I'd be pretty psyched if I arrived at a morning wedding and there was coffee there. Awesome idea! As far as a way to get people to finish/discard their coffee before entering the sanctuary--I would put a trash can by the entrance, maybe with a cute sign saying something like, "Bottoms up! Empties go here." I think most people will get the hint.
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]

I've never heard, but including other hot drinks with the coffee would be great.
  • I know someone who did this before their wedding. They had let us know that there would be a coffee bar starting an hour before the cereminy. This way people could get drinks with out feeling rushed to down it. Their venue had a built in coffee bar before the sanctuary, so they had fancy coffee drinks....I think. There wasn't any time of sign or menu so I wasn't sure what they were hosting and had prepared for.

CN: let people know ahead of time & if you are going all out with lattes have a sign or very friendly baristas to let people know what they can get.
  •  

I love it. I think it’s a great idea, my FIL is also a coffee addict and I know he would love for us to have done this. You can have smaller cups available so they can finish it quickly or start it a little earlier. I think people have common sense and won’t take it with them.

• That's a great idea! We're getting married at 2:00 in the afternoon in January. I think I'll borrow your idea!!!! Thanks!
  • This is such a cute idea! We are getting married in the evening, but in the dead of winter. We are now thinking of doing one with tea, hot chocolate, decaf, and regular coffee, with a cute sign that says "Baby, It's Cold Outside"!

• I love this idea and might have to see if my venue would allow it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards