New Jersey

Photography help! North New Jersey (LVC)

Hi all, My Fiance and I just booked our venue (Lake Valhalla Club 10/05/2013). Anyone have any suggestions on Photographers, ideally I'd like to be around $2k (option to buy the album afterwards is fine). Also, anyone that has had there event at LVC, please feel free to tell me your experience. I'm sooo excited, I fell in love with the venue as soon as we pulled up! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photography help! North New Jersey (LVC)

• mmf1204mmf1204 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help-north-new-jersey-lvc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:762d151c-90cd-4fb5-9069-96ea657fefecPost:2ba8f63f-09b4-45cc-9457-471666407161">Photography help! North New Jersey (LVC)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, My Fiance and I just booked our venue (Lake Valhalla Club 10/05/2013). Anyone have any suggestions on Photographers, ideally I'd like to be around $2k (option to buy the album afterwards is fine). Also, anyone that has had there event at LVC, please feel free to tell me your experience. I'm sooo excited, I fell in love with the venue as soon as we pulled up! 
    Posted by mmf1204[/QUOTE]
    Sorry I didn't realize my post from the other day actually went up. I'm not only new to theknot.com but message boards as well..lol..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having my wedding at LVC too!!  Mine is 10/19/2013.  We're likely going to use Aesthete Studios (Oakland, NJ).  They have good prices...here is their website: http://www.aesthetestudios.com/

Now I happen to know the guy (we worked together).  His prices work with our budget and he does nice work.
    What I did before I decided on him was good Lake Valhalla Club Weddings and look at the photographers blogs who have shot there before.  I did it partly to see what the venue would look like for a wedding but also because I considered using a photographer who has worked there before.  I thought it would be nice if they were already familiar with the venue.

Good Luck and congrats!!!

Side note: have you had your tasting yet???? We had ours on Friday and it was great!  The food was soooo good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmf1204mmf1204 member
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm that is awesome!! I'll definitely take a look at the studio you recommended!. I totally did the same thing with googleling, there actually was just a new one up by Schroder Photography, he just added it to his blog. The couple also stayed at the Hyatt of Morristown, which is where we are going to blocking off rooms for. There are also a few videos on vimeo (from videographers) who did weddings at LVC, so you can get another view of how it is set up.

We have not done our tasting yet, in the next few weeks we plan on it. I was just getting worried that if I didn't book it, I wouldn't get that particular date (it's our 7 year anniversary)

I'm sooo relieved to know you thought the food was great! :)

In comparison to the other venues we looked at (Lake Mohawk & Flanders Valley), Lake Valhalla offered more for around the same price. And just had this certain character that I loved.  I looked at Flanders because it was priced a little lower - so I wanted to add one in there to see if the price difference really meant alot.

In the end I couldn't picture getting married and celebrating anywhere else, once I we visited LVC.

Congrats on booking your date as well!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats to you! I'm getting married there in September. I'm using Omar Veloz: http://ovphoto.net/?load=html Their lowest package starts at 1800. I know he hasn't shot at LVC (although by your wedding he will have :-) ), but he got great reviews and came highly recommended by a friend. I second shannyb41...great food!
  • Our photographer, Robert Wayne Photography, sounds like a good fit for you.  He's a la carte, he offers a disc only package for about $2k, and you can buy albums later if you want (we thought his albums were beautiful and rather amazing for the price).

I follow his Facebook page and remember seeing a wedding he did at LVC last fall, the day after our big snow storm.

• mmf1204mmf1204 member
    Thanks mandy, i will definitely check them out too! Congrats to you as well!
    Niolani - i have also contacted him as well!! Thanks so much :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help-north-new-jersey-lvc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:762d151c-90cd-4fb5-9069-96ea657fefecPost:ff923f21-52d2-49b0-9e79-9dbfb97dd34d">Re: Photography help! North New Jersey (LVC)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm that is awesome!! I'll definitely take a look at the studio you recommended!. I totally did the same thing with googleling, there actually was just a new one up by Schroder Photography, he just added it to his blog. The couple also stayed at the Hyatt of Morristown, which is where we are going to blocking off rooms for. There are also a few videos on vimeo (from videographers) who did weddings at LVC, so you can get another view of how it is set up. We have not done our tasting yet, in the next few weeks we plan on it. I was just getting worried that if I didn't book it, I wouldn't get that particular date (it's our 7 year anniversary) I'm sooo relieved to know you thought the food was great! :) In comparison to the other venues we looked at (Lake Mohawk & Flanders Valley), Lake Valhalla offered more for around the same price. And just had this certain character that I loved.  I looked at Flanders because it was priced a little lower - so I wanted to add one in there to see if the price difference really meant alot. In the end I couldn't picture getting married and celebrating anywhere else, once I we visited LVC. Congrats on booking your date as well!!

We looked at Lake Mohawk too!! haha I just didn't like the feel as much.  I totally fell in love with LVC the minute we walked in for our first meeting.  We had our meeting there on a Friday and our LMCC meeting was the next day.  I told my FI that I wanted to cancel the LMCC meeting haha.  We ended up going though and I just didnt like it as much.  Maybe because I already had my heart set on LVC.  Plus when I found out you can do a bonfire at the end of the night!  SOLD!  hahaha

But you're right...I figured out the pricing (roughly) and it would end up costing more at LMCC to make the package comp to LVC.  They just offer soooo much.  The cocktail hour selections blow my mind.  I can't wait!

Our date is actually my late grandmother's birthday....so it will be really special for me and my family.  Having it on your anniversary will be so nice though!!  Our anniversary is August.....I love summer but I don't like summer weddings.  Well, not that I don't like them...but its just sooooo hot. hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We are using Fametank I love their work and he has been great to work with so far  
  • I'll second (or third) Robert Wayne Photography.  A really sweet guy, I love his work, and we found him to be very affordable.  We spent a little more than $3,000, but that was with a very nice album and a couple of photobooks for our parents.

I live in Sussex County and we looked at Lake Mohawk.  It's nice and the boardwalk is kinda cool, but it didn't really have the feel we wanted.  I'm not very familiar with your other choices.
  • mmf1204mmf1204 member
    Shanny - OMG i had the same exact feeling with LMCC - we saw LVC first (it was my top choice from viewing online) My fiance's was LMCC. I loved the outdoors but we have a few important family members who would not have been able to make it up those steps and although they said they could see the ceremony from below, I stood there and there was no way someone in a wheelchair would be able to see anything. Once we went inside, the ballroom just felt dated and even though you had the big window in the front it still felt dark to me. The downside for my fiance was although the bar room was nice, the fact that it was in a whole seperate room was a turnoff. The drinkers in our families/friends - would be hanging there the whole night and not in the ballroom, and i felt it could potentially get crowded. I LOVED the boardwalk for photos but in the end, it wasn't the best option for us..

And like you - the BONFIRE - solidified it for me!!! I think i've been viewing their website at least once a day and imagining what its going to be like. Even if the weather isn't good - i love the indoors for ceremony. I'm originally from Brooklyn, so since half of our guests will be traveling we are going to the ceremony on site (my mother really wanted me to have it in a church but it just makes the most sense to have it on site). Although the day shold be about us, I want our guests to enjoy it as well.

Aww thats nice that you will be having it on that day, i love when it has a deeper meaning then just it being our BIG day! August could certainly be too hot! I also agree with you there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmf1204mmf1204 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help-north-new-jersey-lvc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:762d151c-90cd-4fb5-9069-96ea657fefecPost:0088dc80-7aa6-41ee-b294-2d239d2fa058">Re: Photography help! North New Jersey (LVC)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Robert Wayne! We got married at LVC, if you PM me I will show you our album. ETA: The wedding after the big snow storm was mine :)
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

I will try to PM you now, i'm new to message boards..lol..but i'm sure I can figure it out..lol.. OMG we left for  Dominican Rep - P. Cana (did you know you can't submit a post with the first word - thats why I had to just right P...LMAO...) the day after the snowstorm, it was the most stressful vacation ever - our house had no power for 3 days and we have pets, so I felt so bad for our friends who were watching over them, they had to go over twice a day to make sure they weren't freezing. I can only imagine how stressed you were the day before and of!! That was the craziest snowstorm ever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help-north-new-jersey-lvc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:762d151c-90cd-4fb5-9069-96ea657fefecPost:d4bccfc5-cd1e-4663-af50-6deacf69adcc">Re: Photography help! North New Jersey (LVC)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shanny - OMG i had the same exact feeling with LMCC - we saw LVC first (it was my top choice from viewing online) My fiance's was LMCC. I loved the outdoors but we have a few important family members who would not have been able to make it up those steps and although they said they could see the ceremony from below, I stood there and there was no way someone in a wheelchair would be able to see anything. Once we went inside, the ballroom just felt dated and even though you had the big window in the front it still felt dark to me. The downside for my fiance was although the bar room was nice, the fact that it was in a whole seperate room was a turnoff. The drinkers in our families/friends - would be hanging there the whole night and not in the ballroom, and i felt it could potentially get crowded. I LOVED the boardwalk for photos but in the end, it wasn't the best option for us.. And like you - the BONFIRE - solidified it for me!!! I think i've been viewing their website at least once a day and imagining what its going to be like. Even if the weather isn't good - i love the indoors for ceremony. I'm originally from Brooklyn, so since half of our guests will be traveling we are going to the ceremony on site (my mother really wanted me to have it in a church but it just makes the most sense to have it on site). Although the day shold be about us, I want our guests to enjoy it as well. Aww thats nice that you will be having it on that day, i love when it has a deeper meaning then just it being our BIG day! August could certainly be too hot! I also agree with you there.

LMCC was my fiance's top choice too!! haha We go to dinner to Kroghs all the time and have spent many times sitting on that boardwalk having ice cream.  So he really liked it because we spend a lot of time there.  The venue just didn't do it for me.  And I completely agree about the bar situation!  I didn't like how it was cut off from the ballroom.  Just felt very choppy to me.  Though, Larry was a doll and I almost feel bad not book there hahaha.  But it just didn't feel right.

I also stalk LVC website on a daily basis...hahahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmf1204mmf1204 member

Lol - my Fiance loves Krogh's as well...we live in Mount Arlington and he grew up in Jefferson/Lake Hopatcong. So he was so familiar with the area. I've lived in NJ for a about 3.5 years now (however, I still don't know the areas too well - if its not on Howard Blvd, Rt 10 or Rt 46 - i'm lost..lol)

I agree Larry was sooo nice! We obviously have the same taste in venues since we thought the exact same things about both..lol..

I hope all your other wedding planning goes well too!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards