New York-Upstate

Hairstylists in Lake Placid

We are getting married in June in Lake Placid and I'm planning the wedding long distance (I live in the midwest now, but am originally from the upstate NY/Vermont area). Most of the details are coming together, but I am at a loss of hairstylists - any suggestions?

Re: Hairstylists in Lake Placid

• edited December 2011
    im using Mary at the Mirror Lake Inn and Spa. I recently had a trial appointment with her, and I liked her a lot, and thought she did a great job. karen did my mom's hair, and we thought she was great too. 

I, too, am planning my (october) weddint from afar (im in utah). 

if you choose to contact them, you can email jamie, the spa coordinator (jcosta@mirrorlakeinn.com) please let them know that lynnie referred you. 

good luck. 

http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • docscandpdocscandp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll look into the Mirror Lake Inn and contact the spa coordinator (and let her know that you gave me the info). I just took a peek at your wedding website - we are having our receptions in the same location! I love it there (we booked sight unseen - my mom went over and gave it the ok before my fiancee and I put the deposit on it) and were finally able to take a tour at Christmas time. Hope all is going well with your planning.
  • edited December 2011
    Thats great! 

I think the Crowne Plaza does a LOT of weddings over there. I suppose some people might complain that its not "unique" or something, but we love it too, and I didnt think that our wedding needs to be "unique!"

Are you from VT? I used to live in Burlington. I live in Salt Lake City now, and i agree that planning from afar is tough. We spent a lot of time in LP before getting engaged, and thats why we chose the area. 

I cant wait to hear all about your wedding!
  • docscandpdocscandp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My family moved around a lot when I was growing up, but I lived in Saranac Lake as a kid for 6 years (that's the place I consider home) which is why the wedding is in the Adirondacks (we're getting married at St. Bernard's in Saranac Lake) and I lived in Shelburne, VT when I was in high school and am living in the midwest now.

I love the area up there and when I brought my fiancee there a few years ago - he fell in love with it too. Have you been working with Catherine at the Crowne Plaza? It's been easier planning from afar now that all the "big" things are booked. We won't be back to Lake Placid until the week before the wedding (which is coming up really quickly!)

I hope your planning is going well :)
  • edited December 2011
    we are definitely working with catherine, and she has been really helpful. she is organized and definitely knows how to accommodate. 

my mom also has talked to her a lot, and thats been helpful too. 

we are also using a planner -- mim frantz -- from juniper events. she is AMAZING and knows everything about the area and what to do, who to use, etc. 

if you want her info email me at:

lynniearudner at gmail

• gperg001gperg001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey! i live here in LP and i always get my hair done at the Hair Affair on Main Street.  It's owned by the High Peaks Resort (used to be the Hilton) and they're now an all-out Aveda salon, and they're really great...I go to Vicki usually but love Bridget, they're all really great..PS im getting married at the Golf House in September and if you do use Mim like Lynnie said she's AMAZING :)
  • vtarobinsovtarobinso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in LP on October 10 and I'm u having my hair done by Kristen Stroebel. She's out of Saratoga but I've heard great things about her and she just so happens to be up in LP the day of my wedding. I've also heard that Hair Affair is really good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards