Attire & Accessories Forum

Discontinued BM Dresses

I selected a BM dress that is being discontinued in January.  Does anyone have any words on advice about ordering dresses that are being discontinued? Or horror stories for that matter so I can be prepared?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Discontinued BM Dresses

• It's really early to be even shopping for BM dresses, let alone ordering.  What if your BMs have significant weight fluctuations or get pregnant?  What if you end up totally changing your wedding plans between now and then?  (It happens.)  You have tons of time, I would just keep looking.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Given the field I work in, I don't have much wedding planning time January - April, and I'm going to be travelling for a client this summer as well so I feel as though I have to get this done now unfortunately or it's not going to get done. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you know that is the bridesmaid dress you want for your girls I would just order them.  If you're afraid of weight fluctuations I would order a size up and as for girls getting pregnant most companies can order extra fabric.  If you order them now at least it's one more thing off of your to do list.
  • I agree with aerin.   A lot can change.  I thought I had my BM dresses all figured out and then less then a month ago I decided to change my colors, therefore changing the color of the dresses.  There's also issues of pregnancy, weight gain/loss, or even a BM dropping out.
    Anniversary
  • Well, since your BMs are the ones who need to purchase and wear the dress, why not leave them to do the grunt work?  Ask them to do some shopping and send you links to dresses they like, and you can say yea or nay.  But really, you're just setting yourself up for far more expense, complication, and stress if you try to do this now.  Getting the dress is the one and only responsibility of a BM, they really don't need to do it on your timeline.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards