Getting in Shape

can't seem to stay on a diet!

My wedding is 18 months away, but I thought it would be a good idea to start eating better and all that. BUT, I can't seem to find the motivation to get in shape since the holidays are upon us and I'm also finishing up my last year in college. Does anyone have ideas for quick workouts I can do after 9 hours at school? The last thing I want to do right now is go run or bike. :( And all those Christmas goodies...don't even get me started! My sweet tooth has become my enemy!

Re: can't seem to stay on a diet!

• Thank you! I might have to check that out. I used to Zumba, but that's like an hour and an hour is a long time when I need to be studying for finals. haha :)
  • Losing weight is 80ish% what you eat and 20ish% workouts.

I'd highly recommend tracking your calories and trying to cut down.  There are ways to still enjoy the holidays without overdoing it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I'm so glad I came across this post! I'm in the same situation!!!!! I'm going to check it out too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_cant-seem-stay-diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:187336a1-679c-40cd-90d6-c05fde5618f7Post:c7798d2a-1b03-4ba1-a548-4a528b261360">Re: can't seem to stay on a diet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Losing weight is 80ish% what you eat and 20ish% workouts. I'd highly recommend tracking your calories and trying to cut down.  There are ways to still enjoy the holidays without overdoing it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

SO true. Listen to this advice, because it's solid.

You can workout as much as you like, but without paying attention to nutrition and what you're eating, it won't make much of a difference. I learned that the hard and discouraging way- but now that I'm watching what I eat (oh, I still eat good stuff, believe me) that's when I started losing weight consistently.
  • loseit.com helps me keep track of my calories & workouts good luck !
  • Don't deprive yourself of treats you love - I allow myself one little thing a day (if I want it) which keeps me from going insane. Definitely focus on what you eat and try to trade lots of the carbs for veggies!
    Sent from my iPad - any unusual words or misspellings are due to an autocorrect incident that I may have missed.
  • I've started using an app on my phone called My Fitness Pal which is great! I can log what I've eaten right after I've eaten so there's no forgetting. it also lets you track work outs and tells you how many calories you should be eating and how many you've burned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards