Not Engaged Yet

Introduction

Hello. I've posted in some threads here and there, so I figured it's time to do a proper introduction.

I filled out the Q&A under the sticky, but ask me anything you like. :)

Oh, and this is a semi-P&R. I'm in and out of classes all day.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introduction

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    Hi, welcome. :) 

Screen Name:  Sorcha 77

Significant Other's Age:  38

What You Do:  Finishing my journalism degree

What SO Does:  Software engineer

State of Relationship:  Living together

How Long You've Been Together:  Just shy of three years

How You Met:  Mutual friends

Real Babies:  None

Fur Babies:  Two cats, Sherlock (grey tiger male) and Winter (black DLH female)

Loves:  Roller coasters, writing, traveling, swimming, hiking, skiing, dancing, piano, cello, cooking, baking, reading

Hates:  Hypocrites, boy bands, cilantro

Pet Peeves:  Bad drivers, "muscle weighs more than fat" (it's more *dense*; a pound is a pound), poor grammar and spelling

Hobbies/Activities:  Fitness, looking for ways to make healthier recipes, hiking, skiing, writing, reading, pretty much anything under "loves"

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Intelligent and witty

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Forgetfulness

Describe Your Personality:  Caring, confident, intelligent, sarcastic

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  7

I've Been On TK Since:  November 2012

How You Came to Be On TK:  Was browsing some of the boards with a friend and saw this one.

How I like my potatoes:  Mashed with enough butter and garlic to kill a lactose-intolerant vampire

Favorite book/author:  "The Changeover" by Margaret Mahy

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I'm trying to lose a total of 200 pounds. I've lost 42 pounds so far.

I stopped reading at "I hate boy bands"

What a shame. :( Maybe I can overlook that, but boy bands play such a huge role in my life...
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a58e5aeb-443e-4b62-9497-eaf840311337Post:f12e57c7-d13e-4107-bfb8-ee3b7feae1bd">Re: Introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, welcome. :)  Screen Name:   Sorcha 77 Age:   35 Significant Other's Age:   38 What You Do:   Finishing my journalism degree What SO Does:   Software engineer State of Relationship:   Living together How Long You've Been Together:   Just shy of three years How You Met:   Mutual friends Real Babies:   None Fur Babies:   Two cats, Sherlock (grey tiger male) and Winter (black DLH female) Loves:   Roller coasters, writing, traveling, swimming, hiking, skiing, dancing, piano, cello, cooking, baking, reading Hates:   Hypocrites, boy bands , cilantro Pet Peeves:   Bad drivers, "muscle weighs more than fat" (it's more *dense*; a pound is a pound), poor grammar and spelling Hobbies/Activities:   Fitness, looking for ways to make healthier recipes, hiking, skiing, writing, reading, pretty much anything under "loves" Favorite Thing About Your SO:   Intelligent and witty Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:   Forgetfulness Describe Your Personality:   Caring, confident, intelligent, sarcastic Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):   7 I've Been On TK Since:   November 2012 How You Came to Be On TK:   Was browsing some of the boards with a friend and saw this one. How I like my potatoes:   Mashed with enough butter and garlic to kill a lactose-intolerant vampire Favorite book/author:   "The Changeover" by Margaret Mahy Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:   I'm trying to lose a total of 200 pounds. I've lost 42 pounds so far. I stopped reading at "I hate boy bands" What a shame. :( Maybe I can overlook that, but boy bands play such a huge role in my life...
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I was super impressed by her Something Interesting, just sayin'.

Hi Sorcha! Welcome to NEY :)
  • Welcome! And that is exactly how I would eat potatoes every time if it didn't make my breath reek for days :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome! May I ask what eating/diet plan (if any) you are using? I did the SBD and lost 80 lbs, but fell off the wagon and gained back 40. I need to get back on that shiz and reach my goal. 
    Congrats on your weight loss thus far! Sounds like whatever you're doing is working really well.
    Favorite wine? (Bonus points if it comes from a box.) 
    Favorite 'cheat' food (the one thing that isn't part of your 'legal eating plan' but that you indulge in every once in a while)?
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a58e5aeb-443e-4b62-9497-eaf840311337Post:f12e57c7-d13e-4107-bfb8-ee3b7feae1bd">Re: Introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, welcome. :)  Screen Name:   Sorcha 77 Age:   35 Significant Other's Age:   38 What You Do:   Finishing my journalism degree What SO Does:   Software engineer State of Relationship:   Living together How Long You've Been Together:   Just shy of three years How You Met:   Mutual friends Real Babies:   None Fur Babies:   Two cats, Sherlock (grey tiger male) and Winter (black DLH female) Loves:   Roller coasters, writing, traveling, swimming, hiking, skiing, dancing, piano, cello, cooking, baking, reading Hates:   Hypocrites, boy bands , cilantro Pet Peeves:   Bad drivers,<strong> "muscle weighs more than fat" (it's more *dense*; a pound is a pound),</strong> poor grammar and spelling Hobbies/Activities:   Fitness, looking for ways to make healthier recipes, hiking, skiing, writing, reading, pretty much anything under "loves" Favorite Thing About Your SO:   Intelligent and witty Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:   Forgetfulness Describe Your Personality:   Caring, confident, intelligent, sarcastic Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):   7 I've Been On TK Since:   November 2012 How You Came to Be On TK:   Was browsing some of the boards with a friend and saw this one. How I like my potatoes:   Mashed with enough butter and garlic to kill a lactose-intolerant vampire Favorite book/author:   "The Changeover" by Margaret Mahy Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:   I'm trying to lose a total of 200 pounds. I've lost 42 pounds so far. I stopped reading at "I hate boy bands" What a shame. :( Maybe I can overlook that, but boy bands play such a huge role in my life...
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Headdesk.

This argument drives me crazy.

Of course a pound is a pound.  Nobody is arguing that.  But saying that muscle doesn't weigh more than fat because "a pound is a pound" is like saying that lead doesn't weigh more than feathers.

Ok I'm done.  I want mashed potatoes now, in all their buttery, garlicky goodness.
  • Hi, welcome! Can we see pics of your furbabies?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Elle - sorry. I see that on My Fitness Pal all the time, and it was my pet peeve of the day. I'm over it now. ;) I think I'd seen about seventy billion posts that day. I avoid the forums now.

Beanbot - I track my calories on MFP and walk a mile or so during my lunch break at work. When I get home, I do some upper body conditioning with free weights or Turbo Jam, depending on my mood. I just got some dance workouts for the Wii that I'm excited to try. I keep it mostly low-impact since I'm still so heavy and don't want to blow out my knees. I might join the Y this winter so I can swim; I won't want to walk in the ice and snow.

I drink Franzia boxed wine with my dad at Christmastime. I'm not sure what kind; it's pink. At home, I drink Barefoot Moscato, Valley of the Moon Pinot Grigio, and Witches' Brew in the fall when it's available. It tastes like apple pie.

Cheat foods? Nothing, really. I eat pretty much whatever I want as long as I stay under my calories. I'm not supposed to have too many carbs/starches since I have insulin resistance, so I guess my ultimate death-by-food would be potato skins with lots of cheese and sour cream. OMG. I miss that so much. I haven't had them in months, and they would definitely be worth the glucose spike. Cool 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a58e5aeb-443e-4b62-9497-eaf840311337Post:5dc0ca5e-b918-4b71-a397-3e54ce52a177">Re: Introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, welcome! Can we see pics of your furbabies?
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]
    Definitely! I'll post some when I get home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!

Congrats on your 42 lb loss, that is quite the achievement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi and welcome!
    Congrats on your weight loss.

What was the best vacation you ever took?

Anniversary

• Welcome! Congrats on your 42 lb loss! I really like your cat's names.
    So what's your favorite dessert?
    Favorite holiday and why?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Best vacation - Los Angeles. I flew there to visit some friends, and it was so relaxing. I didn't want to leave. I loved the palm trees and ocean so much.

Favorite dessert - homemade apple pie

Favorite holiday - Halloween. October is my favorite month because of Halloween and the chilly weather. I can't put my finger on why, exactly, Halloween is my favorite. It's been my favorite since I was a kid. I think it's the autumn leaves, costumes, spooky stuff, decorations, the days getting darker, and so on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Sorcha welcome!  Awesome job on your weight loss.  I lost 50 lbs this past year, but it's hard to keep losing I get to a certain weight and just stay there.  After the holiday madness I'm going to start getting back on track and try to lose some more weight.  I haven't tried My Fitness Pal yet though. 

How long have you lived in New Mexico?  Did you grow up there?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I've only been here for a few months. My boyfriend is from NM. He got homesick after living in the Midwest for two years, so we moved back. I'm adjusting. Albuquerque is beautiful, but I miss having lots of water nearby. Still, the weather is nice (milder than Chicago), and I love the mountains. Whenever I want pine trees and cooler temperatures, we just drive a half-hour west or east.

Steign, here are my furbabies:

The black one is Winter, and the tiger is Sherlock. They were helping my BF unpack his new computer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a58e5aeb-443e-4b62-9497-eaf840311337Post:2fc25678-fb1e-4e69-adc4-02e8f05c42a2">Re: Introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle - sorry. I see that on My Fitness Pal all the time, and it was my pet peeve of the day. I'm over it now. ;) I think I'd seen about seventy billion posts that day. I avoid the forums now. Beanbot - I track my calories on MFP and walk a mile or so during my lunch break at work. When I get home, I do some upper body conditioning with free weights or Turbo Jam, depending on my mood. I just got some dance workouts for the Wii that I'm excited to try. I keep it mostly low-impact since I'm still so heavy and don't want to blow out my knees. I might join the Y this winter so I can swim; I won't want to walk in the ice and snow. <strong>I drink Franzia boxed wine</strong> with my dad at Christmastime. I'm not sure what kind; it's pink. At home, I drink Barefoot Moscato, Valley of the Moon Pinot Grigio, and Witches' Brew in the fall when it's available. It tastes like apple pie. Cheat foods? Nothing, really. I eat pretty much whatever I want as long as I stay under my calories. I'm not supposed to have too many carbs/starches since I have insulin resistance, so I guess my ultimate death-by-food would be <strong>potato skins with lots of cheese and sour cream.</strong> OMG. I miss that so much. I haven't had them in months, and they would definitely be worth the glucose spike.  
    Posted by Sorcha77[/QUOTE]

You get quadruple points for these answers.

What dance workouts did you get for Wii? My boyfriend has been talking about getting something similar for me.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Cute!!! I love your kitty's names too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a58e5aeb-443e-4b62-9497-eaf840311337Post:12e4ff84-6e1b-4a0c-938a-15812f40085a">Re: Introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction : You get quadruple points for these answers. What dance workouts did you get for Wii? My boyfriend has been talking about getting something similar for me.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

I picked up Zumba, Just Dance 3 & 4, and something from Gold's Gym. I can't remember the name right now; it's at home.

I really like Just Dance. It's fun, and I work up a good sweat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! I really impressed with your weight loss progress! That takes so much hard work and determination.

Also, your kitties are super cute :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards