Louisiana-New Orleans

New Orleans Hotels

I am not from Louisiana. I think a DW to New Orleans would be a great idea. Instead of going  out of the country.What would be a nice hotel to hold a wedding and reception at in Downtown New Orleans. tThat is easy to get to the French Quarter and local attractions.with a view of the Mississippi River.  Any suggestions.

Re: New Orleans Hotels

• Maison Dupuy, Hotel Mazarin and Bourbon Orleans are all nice for smaller weddings and located in the French Quarter.  I think the only hotels with a view of the Mississippi are the Hilton Riverside and maybe the Westin.  You may also want to consider the Riverview Room or Pat O's in Jax Brewery or the Galvez.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_new-orleans-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:99be2582-5c76-4b13-99f3-a3306c6b6d99Post:369d41ac-ff17-489d-8627-b805adf1fda8">Re: New Orleans Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maison Dupuy, Hotel Mazarin and Bourbon Orleans are all nice for smaller weddings and located in the French Quarter.  I think the only hotels with a view of the Mississippi are the Hilton Riverside and maybe the Westin.  You may also want to consider the Riverview Room or Pat O's in Jax Brewery or the Galvez.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you!!</div>
  • you can see the river from the top of the Omni pool area....put in a bid with the Convention center to get good rates for your room block
  • edited August 2012
    I believe both the Sheraton (on Canal) and the Windsor Court have river views as well.

Windsor Court is definitely a BIG budget location.

There are lots of cool places in and around the quarter, as well. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards