• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2011 Weddings

I'm Naked today

…..ok, not really-but I feel like it. 

I was in a hurried daze this morning while I was getting ready and forgot to put my wedding ring back on after my shower.  I realized it as soon as I got in my car, to leave, but I was already running late and didn't have time to run back and get it. :(  I feel completely naked without it and can't wait to go home just so that I can put it back on.  Plus, it makes me feel like a bad wife when I don't wear it outside of the house.  Thank goodness it's Friday!
"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
Photobucket
Anniversary
Photobucket
My Crafting Blog
Married Bio

Re: I'm Naked today

• I hate forgetting my rings.  It's happening to me twice- once on a workday and once while I was running errands.  It's a terrible feeling.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012

[Iron] Bowled Over: House Divided, Love United Blog
  • it sounds like this is the first time you have done this! good job! i forget to wear my rings all the time. my MIL got me a beautiful waterford crystal ring holder that i put my rings on everynight and i often leave without them. it makes hubby sad and i also feel naked!
  • In Response to Re: I'm Naked today:
    [QUOTE]it sounds like this is the first time you have done this! good job! i forget to wear my rings all the time. my MIL got me a beautiful waterford crystal ring holder that i put my rings on everynight and i often leave without them. it makes hubby sad and i also feel naked!
    Posted by hydrangeablue[/QUOTE]

No, it's not.  It doesn't happen often.  Since I've had it, I have forgotten to put it on in the morning maybe 4-5 times.  I take it off at night just before I go to bed and put it in the ring box on my bathroom counter.  I usually remember to put it on after I'm done doing my make up, but today forgot :(  It's always been on a work day so H doesn't notice since I leave before him and get home before him. 
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • I haven't forgotten mine yet, but I know what you mean!  Once I forgot my E Ring before we got married, and I felt sick until I could go home and get it!
  • I have yet to forget mine. DH only wears his on weekends, so I tell everyone we are only married on weekends, lol. He can't really wear it to work since he works with machinery all night.
  • I am a frequent forgetter of the ring, unfortunately. It's because I LOVE my ring so much and am paranoid about messing it up, that I take it off right when I get home from work. Then I sometimes forget to put it back on the next day before I go to work. DH woke up the other day and kissed me before he left and was like um, where is your ring lol I told him I never sleep with it on.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Brianna has read 1 book toward her goal of 26 books.
    hide
    Photobucket Happily ever after
  • I have only forgot to put it back on once - thanksgiving. Ugh.

I made homemade rolls for my contribution and took off the rings to knead the dough and forgot to put them back on.

So here I was at my SIL's house without my rings on...smooth move Christine
    [QUOTE]I am a frequent forgetter of the ring, unfortunately. It's because I LOVE my ring so much and am paranoid about messing it up, that I take it off right when I get home from work. Then I sometimes forget to put it back on the next day before I go to work. DH woke up the other day and kissed me before he left and was like um, where is your ring lol I told him I never sleep with it on.
    Posted by bombe4[/QUOTE]

When we first got engaged, I slept with it on, but it would wake me up in the middle of the night because it would get caught on my pillow or something like that.  (Although I do nap with it on).  I sleep much more soundly with it off.  I also used to have nightmares about something happening to my ring, but since I stopped wearing it to bed, I haven't had one.  I guess I'm just very conscientious of my ring when I'm sleeping.  It's odd to me because I have another ring that I wear on my right hand that never bothers me when I'm sleeping, but I think it's because it's set lower. 
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • I've only forgotten mine once when we were running late for a wedding the week after ours. I hated the feeling of not having them so I made Raymond turn around and go back for them. I usually only take them off to shower and I'll put them in the medicince cabinet right next to my deodorant so that I don't forget to put them back on in my morning routine of getting ready.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Naked today : When we first got engaged, I slept with it on, but it would wake me up in the middle of the night because it would get caught on my pillow or something like that.  (Although I do nap with it on).  I sleep much more soundly with it off.  I also used to have nightmares about something happening to my ring, but since I stopped wearing it to bed, I haven't had one.  I guess I'm just very conscientious of my ring when I'm sleeping.  It's odd to me because I have another ring that I wear on my right hand that never bothers me when I'm sleeping, but I think it's because it's set lower. 
    Posted by MaggieandJake[/QUOTE]

Yea, I never have problems sleeping in my RHW. I just can't sleep with my wedding ring on.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Brianna has read 1 book toward her goal of 26 books.
    hide
    Photobucket Happily ever after
  • I forget to put mine on from time to time. I'm like Maggie, I just sleep better with them off. They really just aren't that comfortable to wear while I'm sleeping. I found that when I do forget them it is because I was out of my normal routine. If I don't put them on my ring holder next to my bed I forget them. It does feel strange now not to have them on when I leave the house and I usually realize it right a way.
    [QUOTE]I forget to put mine on from time to time. I'm like Maggie, I just sleep better with them off. They really just aren't that comfortable to wear while I'm sleeping. I found that when I do forget them it is because I was out of my normal routine. If I don't put them on my ring holder next to my bed I forget them. It does feel strange now not to have them on when I leave the house and I usually realize it right a way.
    Posted by ogrady88[/QUOTE]

I've gotten so used to wearing them that sometimes I can't even feel them on my finger. I'll freak out for a split second then look down and see that they are both there. I guess it's because they are both so light weight.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Naked today : I've gotten so used to wearing them that sometimes I can't even feel them on my finger. I'll freak out for a split second then look down and see that they are both there. I guess it's because they are both so light weight.
    Posted by annagtz82[/QUOTE]

I do that too.  I've started sleeping with mine off because DH had a big ol' scratch on his face a few months ago that could have only happened when he laid on my hand.  Somehow he always moves over in the middle of the night and shares my pillow.  
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012

[Iron] Bowled Over: House Divided, Love United Blog
  • awww. I did that once when we were engaged. I felt like a horrible person!
  • Stoked- Raymond gets mad because I take his pillow over during the night...lol. I don't even know I do it and then he wakes up at the very edge of the bed. He says,"how does that happen? I'm twice your size." lol

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • @Anna - I do the same thing to my H! And he is twice my size too! He's literally fallen off the bed...he he he.
  • I don't think I have forgotten my ring yet.  I do take it off everynight before bed and put it on before I leave in the morning.  I hate taking it in to get it redipped because I feel naked and weird without it.  I can't sleep with mine well either.  I sleep with my ring hand under my pillow so my ring makes big indentions on my hand and will fall asleep. 
    image Anniversary
  • I don't think I've ever scratched H in my sleep before, but while we sometimes start to fall asleep cuddling, it's really hard for both of us to sleep well while cuddling (sad, I know.), so we usually sleep back to back because he sleeps better on his left side and I sleep better on my right side. 
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
    [QUOTE]I don't think I've ever scratched H in my sleep before, but while we sometimes start to fall asleep cuddling, it's really hard for both of us to sleep well while cuddling (sad, I know.), so we usually sleep back to back because he sleeps better on his left side and I sleep better on my right side. 
    Posted by MaggieandJake[/QUOTE]

All of this.
    I only take mine off to put lotion on after my shower right before bed, so I haven't ever forgotten to wear mine. I do have to check for them every once in a while since they're so light :)
    *Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
    Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • I only take mine off when I shower.  I have to sleep with it on, I would totally freak out if I woke up and they were gone.

I did leave it at home once right after he proposed and we were going to a friends house and they all were like "where's your ring?!"  I was so annoyed with myself.

H and I can't cuddle and go to sleep either, he snores and radiates a TON of body heat, can't handle it. I need my earplugs. haha.

I somehow always steal the covers from him at night, he gets so mad about it.  I have no idea how I end up with all of them but it's funny to wake up in the middle of the night and I have them all. haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards