Michigan-Detroit

Shouldn't have asked for opinions.

I'm a very indecisive person so I always want opinions.  So I asked for some opinions about the dress I'm looking at.  All I got was pretty negative.  These were from pictures and I think it looks better in person.  Obviously it's not my first choice but I like really it but if I look that bad in it.  I don't now what to do.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shouldn't have asked for opinions.

• edited December 2011
    I know how that goes!! I made the mistake of asking people and it never works well. Well if its not your first choice of a dress maybe you need to keep looking to find "THE DRESS" unless the dress you want is wayyy out of your budget or something. I would say whatever dress stays on your mind and it feels absolutely perfect on is the dress for you. Its about you and your big day not them.. thats what i have to remember..so do what you like!!
    My Bio : Updated November 14 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already ordered the dress I wanted in April but found out Friday I can' get so I'm starting to look again.
  • edited December 2011
    First, what board were you on?  Take that into consideration. Some people are just negative.  Usually not here but some boards are snarky!And if you like the dress and you feel good in it then go for it.  I don’t think you should take the comments too seriously especially if the pictures were taken in a bright salon, with mirrors every where, in a dress that didn’t really fit, with your bra still on.  (This is how I took all of my pictures)Go with your favorite.  Go with the dress that makes you feel great!
  • edited December 2011
    If you only really like the dress, then you should keep looking. If you find another dress and it doesn't compare to the one you really like, then get the one you really like and screw other people's opinions.

Beware when you ask for opinions on things because you may hear what you don't want to hear.
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried contacting Netbride to see if they can get ahold of your original dress? I didn't see them list the brand on their website, but it might not hurt to try them.

I haven't personally used them, but I've seen some good feedback on TK about their site.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would really recommend going to the attire board.  Show them pics of the dress you had previously ordered and maybe they can recommend some other dresses.  Also, show us here -- maybe we can help.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I looked at your post on the attire board, and I think the first dress from your second post looks awesome on you. 

I don't think those girls were too harsh and I think they all look good, but the second one is the most flattering.

With that being said, you are the one who is wearing it all night, and you know how you feel in them -- so trust your gut and pick the one you feel is the best.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Did you try on any A line styles? I agree with pp on attire board that an A shaped skirt might be better than something with too many pickups/width. Don't settle for something that you don't love and feel great in!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Had to go and look at the attire board.

I agree with the poster's opinions on the first dress on the second post, as far as being the most flattering. I also agree an a-line with fewer pick ups (if that's what you want) would best for your body type. If there are things about the dress you don't like, then take that info & look for a while longer. I know you don't have a lot of time, but check around. 

Are you just looking at David's Bridal, or other stores as well? I think an all a-line dress might be the answer. Not sure where you live, but Allesandra's Bridal on Hoover Rd just north of 12 Mile has some different collections. This must be very frustrating for you. 

Good luck in your search. 
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    I've tried on all different style and I really like the pick-ups, the others just didn't do it for me.  I'm going again to check out some more but if I can't try it on I certainly won't buy it so I'm limited to that at a lot of stores.  I must have went to about 30 stores last time I looked and there's no need to go back to them.  My second choice isn't available to get in time so I will have to find a third.  This time I'm not going to ask opinions.  If I feel beautiful in it that's all that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards