California-Los Angeles

Place to get ready for wedding in Santa Monica?

Hello,

I am looking for a salon where me, my maid of honor, 2 moms, and flower girl can get ready for my wedding in Santa Monica. Neither the church nor hotel will give us a space! : (

We were going to hire hair and makeup to come to us but if we can go to them that might be easier and hopefully they will let us get ready and maybe drink some champagne too. Is there a place like this?

Thanks,
Alexis
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Place to get ready for wedding in Santa Monica?

• KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to contact The Bridal Bar.  They're in Beverly Hills but it's a great little space.  I met one of my vendors there and had my hair and makeup trials there.  They can probably recommend something for you.  Otherwise, I would get a hotel room.  Whar hotel are you having your reception at?  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Shutters on the Beach. But they are only offering us one night stay as part of our package and want to charge us $425 to stay the night before and other than that there is nowhere they have for us to get ready. I'll look into the Bridal Bar. Thank you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Pier the night before my wedding. They've renovated it and it's really nice. We got a suite which had plenty of room for hair & makeup. It wasn't "inexpensive", but definitely less than $425---even for the suite! =)

• redpassportredpassport member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally second Holiday Inn on the Pier. I stayed there the night before my wedding as well-they allowed us to have early checking for free as long as the room was available and the service was fantastic (the rooms are a pretty good size, too).
  • edited December 2011
    I will check out the Holiday Inn, thanks!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards