Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Popcorn Buffet

Has anyone ever done a popcorn buffet or seen one?  We LOVE the movies and our STD are most likely going to be movie ticket themed.  We want to have popcorn, marshmallows, M&Ms and different flavorings.

My question is do you have a WHOLE popcorn machine there or would you have it pre-popped?  I would prefer it fresh but how would that work?  I think I know how to set the table and mix-ins up its just the machine that is my biggest quesiton!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Popcorn Buffet

• Options
    If you want fresh, it should be fairly easy to rent a popcorn machine from a party rentals kind of place.  I've never done it myself, but back in college, people used to rent popcorn machines all the time for various events.  I don't even think it's that expensive.  (Honestly, I just googled it and tons of stuff came up.)
  • Options
    livyrlivyr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That's such a cool idea!!!
  • Options
    Popcorn is my all time favorite snack...has been since I was born practically. i love that idea!!! It should not be too expensive to rent a popper and maybe hire a teenager to man the machine and keep the fresh popcorn coming at whatever point you want to start having people go through the line.
  • Options
    At our venue, we have the option to rent a popcorn machine. Just talk to your venue and see what they say if you could bring one in or if they could find one for you. 

checkout 55rental.com
    i live out by them, they are in medina. i have heard many good things and they have TONS of options for reting things for events!

P.S. I think that sounds like a yummy idea to have!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing a popcorn buffet as well! I wanted to do freshly popped corn, but I didn't want to hire or ask anyone to monitor it all night. Thus, we are just purchasing it from a local company in various flavors. I was shocked by the total amount that they recommended for 270 people....like 26-30 gallons!
  • Options
    My sister had a popcorn buffet for her wedding last year.  She purchased pre popped popcorn of different flavors and colors.  It was such a hit...in fact people are still talking about it.  Best Wishes....
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Thank you for all your help and ideas ladies!  This post has made me more excited than ever to have my popcorn buffet :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards