New Jersey
Options

Wedding Bug Review??

Hi all, 

I found Wedding Bug of North Jersey and am looking for reviews about them.  They are right in our price range, but I searched on the knot and there isn't much out there. 

Anyone used them before?

Thanks

Re: Wedding Bug Review??

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I think they're like "The Pros" who have a horrible reputation.  Their prices are crazy cheap and they don't seem to have any portfolio at all on their website.

I know the price is tempting, but I'd avoid them.

If your budget is that low, you'd probably do better to find someone you like on Craigs List.
  • Options
    I've heard that they have a bad reputation, but I have yet to find someone who has ACTUALLY used them and had a bad experience.  The few reviews I have seen haven't been bad. 

This is why I'm so confused.  =/
  • Options
    With so many photographers to choose from at just about every price level, why settle for someone with a bad reputation regardless of anything else?
  • Options
    As a wedding pro myself, with several other officiants who work with me, I would never use a photographer who doesn't do their own work.  You have no idea who is going to show up at your wedding or what their skill level is. (I don't know who Wedding Bug is at all, and I know almost everyone.....)

If you really don't have an expansive budget, the best idea would be to have shorter coverage from a photographer you really like and whose work is really professional.  Maybe you can do the ceremony, portraits, stage a cake cutting and have some reception shots that can be done in a few hours rather than door to door coverage.

I always advise my couples to spend the most money that they comfortably can on their photos. Besides your license, they are the only thing you'll take away from that day as a memento.

Celia Milton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards