Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

ceremony readings...dr seuss

i have been thinking about using Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr Seuss as one of our readings.  However, I wanted to put a twist on it to make it more personal but am having writer's block.  I'm not quite sure how to go about this and would love some ideas/inspiration.  I was thinking about just adding a few examples to the story that would apply to married life and make it more humorous.  Am I making any sense? 

i look forward to seeing what ideas you ladies have...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ceremony readings...dr seuss

• Options
    Personally, I'd find that to be an awesome and unique thing to hear at a wedding. I swear, if I hear 1 Corinthians ONE... MORE... TIME.... I may just stick a hot poker in my ear.  But you also have to consider your guests and whether they'd appreciate it.  If not, you can always include the passage in your program, or frame it and put it on the guest book table at your reception. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you had in mind for making it more creative, but I've heard of a lot of people using Oh the Places You'll Go as a ceremony reading.  I think it's really cute and it sounds like it's always gone over well.  If you're having a religious ceremony, make sure that your officiant is okay with it.  Otherwise, I think it's great :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options

we aren't having a religious ceremony.  our ceremony is being held at a winery overlooking the vineyards.  FI and I aren't too religious so we are building our ceremony to reflect us.  our vows will be more traditional, but for one of the readings i plan to have my sister read from oh the places you'll go.  however, i was toying with the idea of rewriting some parts of it to add personal elements.  i will have to keep playing with it to see what i come up with. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards